• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TOTAL REBOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
total-recall-mars-surface.jpg

AdvanS13

Neo Member
ugh why, the original is perfect.

most memorable movie lines ever.

no sale unless the three boob chick is in it.

Hard R rating, three-nippled stripper, and "OPEN YOUR MIND" or no sale. And forget Arnold/Quaid for a minute, who's going to play Richter and Cohagen?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't mind this. There are loads of movies I would love to see multiple takes on:

I'd like to see a Running Man movie that is actually based on the story in the novella.

I'd like to see a giant Dune uberepic.

I'd like to see a Highlander remake with a MUSE soundtrack.

I'd like to see a new take on 2001 (the novel series) not just a slavish ode to Kubrick's film.

AdvanS13

Neo Member
Sho_Nuff82 said:
Hard R rating, three-nippled stripper, and "OPEN YOUR MIND" or no sale. And forget Arnold/Quaid for a minute, who' going to play Richter and Cohagen?
it can't be done, every role was perfectly cast. maybe the only thing salvageable is our beloved johnny cab.:lol

SpacLock

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Hard R rating, three-nippled stripper, and "OPEN YOUR MIND" or no sale. And forget Arnold/Quaid for a minute, who's going to play Richter and Cohagen?

Sam Worthington and Sam Worthington.

WillyFive

Dumb.

But I guess this would be a good time to make a version of it that isn't rated R, and make it for a bigger audience. It was a great story (with ridiculously awesome lines) that was hidden under junk.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
You know it's going to be a four-tits mutant this time.

LCfiner

Is it really a "reboot" if there was only one movie? wouldn't it be a remake, instead?

anyway, i don't mind this. I liked the original but it's certainly not hallowed ground

Willy105 said:
Dumb.

But I guess this would be a good time to make a version of it that isn't rated R, and make it for a bigger audience. It was a great story (with ridiculously awesome lines) that was hidden under junk.
WAT

SpacLock said:
Sam Worthington and Sam Worthington.
I would stab someone. Not that Worthington is the worst guy ever, he's just played the same bald-with-a-green-T generic character in every action movie, the most range he's shown is when Cameron plastered him with CGI.

LCfiner said:
Is it really a "reboot" if there was only one movie? wouldn't it be a remake, instead?

anyway, i don't mind this. I liked the original but it's certainly not hallowed ground
"I don't give you enough information to think!"

Phoenix

daxter01 said:
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
total-recall-mars-surface.jpg

My thoughts exactly. Is Hollywood so devoid of creative thought that they have to reboot every successful franchise they can find?

Sounds cool. The original will still exist and this could end up being a nice sci-fi movie set on mars. I'm down for more sci-fi movies.

Chichikov

OuterWorldVoice said:
I don't mind this. There are loads of movies I would love to see multiple takes on:

I'd like to see a Running Man movie that is actually based on the story in the novella.

I'd like to see a giant Dune uberepic.

I'd like to see a Highlander remake with a MUSE soundtrack.

I'd like to see a new take on 2001 (the novel series) not just a slavish ode to Kubrick's film.
I agree on Running Man and Highlander, I like both for what they are, but I think both premises can be made into much better films than the original.
I think 2001 as a book is nothing special and I'm not touching Dune with a 10 foot pool under fear of nerd rage, but I would say this, Dune started its life as a THE cinematic uberepic, and it was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better before Frank Herbert gave DH Lawrence space guns.

G-Fex

sooperkool said:
Colin Farrell is no Sonny Crockett and he's no Douglas Quaid either...

Well there's really no action heroes so they just sort of pick from a hat I guess.

Well this probably won't have that much ultra violence intense action so it'll be a weak minority report clone I am guessing.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
a reboot franchise would blow minds with a nice budget

colin farrell as bob
rosario dawson as dot
justin beiber as enzo
brad pitt as matrix
jackie chan as phong
hugo weaving as megabyte

believe

Sweedishrodeo said:

colin farrell as bob
rosario dawson as dot
justin beiber as enzo
brad pitt as matrix
jackie chan as phong
hugo weaving as megabyte

believe

Helena Bonham Carter as Hexadecimal

Talon

On a side note, the original has not aged well.
Sweedishrodeo said:

colin farrell as bob
rosario dawson as dot
justin beiber as enzo
brad pitt as matrix
jackie chan as phong
hugo weaving as megabyte

believe
I don't care how young you were - Reboot stank.

RS4-

I think I need to be an extra or something since they're filming in Toronto; have to tell them how GAF is not pleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom