• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Cover Art - Minimalist, clean, or alternative box arts for your favorite games

przemekszulim

Neo Member
That "19" and the Criterion Games' logo stand out a tad too much, but other than that it's a great cover. Well done.

Yep this is true my friend. But it is the most minimalistic think I can do with this area of the car. In original photo that part was standing out even more with that all Le mans 24h logos etc. :O

Hnng. So many gorgeous, gorgeous covers on this page. I want to buy some of these games just so I have a reason to print the covers out. I'm particularly in love with przemekszulim's Ratchet cover and RedSwirl's Dishonored cover.

Thank you so much, I appreciate that :) And I'm in love too in Dishonored cover by RedSwirl. Great job! If I buy this game, printing your cover will be a first thing to do after unboxing the game ;)

One I made for my friend.

indylego_3D.png

Damn, incredible!

How do I print these?

I rented LEGO Indiana Jones a few years back and forgot to return it. I ended up paying $120 (I tried arguing with them, saying I'm not dumb, I know MSRP is $60 but I got the "da rulez is da rulez") and I'm left with a copy of the game in this horrible Blockbuster rental cover art. I'd love to replace it with this one but wouldn't even begin to know the optimal way of producing it.

EDIT: Yo there's a tutorial in the very first post.

Here you go. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24024324/indylego.jpg

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Anyone have a boxart for Sleeping Dogs on the PS3? Custom or original, doesn't matter that much to me. I bought it from Wal-mart recently and the idiots felt it was necessary to print their huge blue "EXCLUSIVE DLC" logo straight onto the cover.

Pro

Has anyone checked out this site?

www.thecoverproject.net

Not the "clean" style of covers mostly found in this thread, but there are a lot of nice covers for older N64 and SNES genre games. I've been working on a project to categorize all my old SNES and N64 games in clear cases with these covers. It's pretty sweet looking.

mihon

tumblr_mb6vgm1GyT1qdkwymo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mb6vgm1GyT1qdkwymo2_500.jpg

I think I'll be taking a break on these for a while, I'm starting to run out of ideas for them.

Do you guys have any links to high quality scans of artwork specifically of Nintendo games? Or just to other sites that host high quality scans? Google seems to not give me much that I'm looking for, and I hate scouring Deviantart.

Those retro covers are awesome!!

But I wonder how and where do you use them? Are there cases that fit NES/SNES games?
It would be nice to do some papercraft though....

mihon

In anticipation of the EU release of Last Story I've made a couple covers. One is a replication of the Japanese Special Edition, and the other two are concept art from the game. If anyone wants logoless versions or other adjustments just give a holler! :)

Hi! Since those links are broken and they are not updated in OT, could anyone reupload them? I want the last two. They are awesome and the best Last Story versions so far.

Sora_N

Subbing this thread. Thinking of making a Kingdom Hearts GBA cover for the DS case since I got a cartridge-only copy incoming.

smr00

Banned
So i have never printed off covers and don't own a printer.

How would i get these printed at a lets say.. Staples. Would i just bring them in on a flash drive and tell them i want this stuff printed on high gloss paper? i know absolutely nothing about how to get this stuff printed in stores since i have never done it before

iLLmAtlc

How would i get these printed at a lets say.. Staples. Would i just bring them in on a flash drive and tell them i want this stuff printed on high gloss paper? i know absolutely nothing about how to get this stuff printed in stores since i have never done it before

If you're in Canada, Staples charges a ripping fee of 1 dollar for retrieving files off of your USB so you'll want to create a copy and print account obline and submit the art that way to avoid it, and pay only the cost of priming/paper.

Choose 80 lb glossy paper, text and not cover ad you'll be good to go. Try to pick a bigger and newer staples be as chances are they'd have better printers.

ProtagonistZero

Neo Member
I went to Staples, and all my covers came out WAY too dark. Then when I tried to get them to fix them they said that they had to destory the images because they were copyrighted.

RedSwirl

This is cover which I'm working on. I think it still needs some polishing here and there but it can be printed with no trouble.
It was a big challenge to find some good photo/graphic matching the game unique style. The car on the cover is BMW M3 GT2 and it is a successor of well known BMW M3 GTR which was on the official Most Wanted cover. These two cars have been made for the same purpose and both have V8 engines.

I want to add some elements from the old Most Wanted. Also I want to show that this is 19th title in Need for Speed series. Another one from Criterion studio.

Feel free to comment!

36bb70225871f072ee7dc05c96158bc68d10f15f9589ba0ed7b3de7999412d416g.jpg

Looks amazing. Mind doing a 360 version? Or just uploading the raw art assets?

iLLmAtlc

I went to Staples, and all my covers came out WAY too dark. Then when I tried to get them to fix them they said that they had to destory the images because they were copyrighted.

Sounds like a crappy Staples. The first one I went to printed them out way too dark too but the one I'm going to now prints them out beautifully. I think a newer Staples will tend to have better printers, but that's just a guess.

Could I take some of this art to like a Staples or some other place and make poster sized versions of this stuff?

Nah the resolution of the images as-is will be too small to print out nice quality posters. If you're looking for art sufficiently big enough to print posters, you might want to head over to the hi-res art thread, if you haven't already. Most of those should be good enough to get some decent quality prints:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369866

Nah the resolution of the images as-is will be too small to print out nice quality posters. If you're looking for art sufficiently big enough to print posters, you might want to head over to the hi-res art thread, if you haven't already. Most of those should be good enough to get some decent quality prints:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369866

Yeah, thats what I kinda figured. But I didnt think of checking the high rez art thread!

Tevious

For everyone that snagged a White PSVita bundle recently, if you can get a hold of an empty case, then here is the cover art for Assassin's Creed III Liberation. I had a really hard time finding quality assets to put this together and its not 100% the same, but most people wouldn't even notice. (Click image to download)

xJavonta

Banned
For everyone that snagged a White PSVita bundle recently, if you can get a hold of an empty case, then here is the cover art for Assassin's Creed III Liberation. I had a really hard time finding quality assets to put this together and its not 100% the same, but most people wouldn't even notice. (Click image to download)

Thanks! I've been trying to find replacement covers myself for PS Vita games as I think I'm gonna go primarily retail for the Vita.

Oemenia

Banned
Hey guys, without any scaling, what would the size of a PS3 game front cover be. I have one that is 421x500 and I need it a little bit bigger so its the same size. Also the fact that its lower res doesnt affect me as I only want a small part of the cover that I want to print and paste on.

Sol1dus

Would anybody be willing to make a quick buck? All I ask is for someone to print out the labels in color and ship them to me and I will pay for each one and shipping.

This stuff looks amazing.

Have there been any minimalist covers for Super Mario 3D Land/Mario Kart 7/Kid Icarus Uprising/other 3DS games made?

RedSwirl

send this to UBI. Just write;

"I'll come on monday. have my desk ready. I like my chair dipped in gold.

That's literally just production art with the title slapped across it. A big part of this thread is showing just how incompetent publishers are with box arts, even when it comes to utilizing their own assets.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Thought this would be of some use. Sony uploaded the full PSD template for The Last of Us, with full control over the logos, top bar, art, etc. Nice to have an "official" template to use.

i11l6J7G70JOG.png

download

przemekszulim

Neo Member
BIOSHOCK INFINITE - just like collectors edition, but with custom sky and only two logos on the cover.
Only for those who buy standard edition and want to use some replacement cover.

ElfArmy177

BIOSHOCK INFINITE - just like collectors edition, but with custom sky and only two logos on the cover.
Only for those who buy standard edition and want to use some replacement cover.

Its funny... I literally just linked this thread in the bioshock thread about bashing the cover... haha

Sora_N

I actually have 3-4 Vita cases, this will be handy! Thanks! I just gotta wait till people sell AC3L for like $10 (no Vita yet). :)

These are incredible! Reminds me of the Criterion Collection. I would love to convert my collection to these covers. With that said, how would I go about printing these out?

EDIT: Without using Photoshop, I mean.

Top Bottom