• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

Stopping by to say good job prince/brau! See y'all Tuesday time to go dark. Jimmy keep fiddling

tumblr_inline_mpsvq7hHMA1qz4rgp.gif

By the way, Tora.

In case you didn't know.

We're all really, really, really excited to play METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN.

No waiiiiiiiiiii--

I've finally gotten to the point of a project where shit gets really, really real and I think

tumblr_mrsaniRQyQ1qfnzhyo2_400.gif

and I couldn't be more excited. Only one more week!

I want to PM a person who is wandering in the Spoiler thread.
So can you answer this that I know you might know the answer ?
It's a simple yes/no question.

Screw spoilers, I just watched the trailers and I don't feel ashamed. Wonderful farewell.

It looks that tomorrow stores will break streed day in my country. But if I buy it tomorrow, I will not have the time to play it as it should until the 1st anyway. It would be more painful to buy it before the 1st.

O.N.U.S.

Neo Member
figured I'd stop lurking and show my excitement for this game. Have been following these threads for a while now. Can't believe we are only a week away.

Still remember when I couldn't afford many games and I played the metal gear demo on that pizza hut disk over and over.

Hard to believe it's coming to an end.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
figured I'd stop lurking and show my excitement for this game. Have been following these threads for a while now. Can't believe we are only a week away.

Still remember when I couldn't afford many games and I played the metal gear demo on that pizza hut disk over and over.

Hard to believe it's coming to an end.

You had the PIzza Hut demo disc too?

Those things were great. My friends and I all collectively discovered our unabashed fandom for both Metal Gear Solid and Xenogears, before their respective launches.

Skullface

Those things were great. My friends and I all collectively discovered our unabashed fandom for both Metal Gear Solid and Xenogears, before their respective launches.

You could toggle vibration on and off on the MGS demo disc... I-I'm ashamed of my related prepubescent deeds.

O.N.U.S.

Neo Member

Yes! I actually didn't beat MGS until the legacy collection came out years later, tho I always followed the story via xplay and my friends.

I had no clue what was going on in the first demo tho. I just knew it was fun as hell and like nothjng I had really played before.

OrochiJR

Can't wait for the game to come out. Hope I'll get it at least a day earlier than September 1st. :D

BTW, does anybody know if there is any way to acquire the MGSV Vocal Tracks soundtrack legally in Europe at launch? Will it be available in any way, at least digitally somewhere?

Depends what the companion app will do. GZ was just to keep track of stats, and iDroid i guess. But i really never used it.

I didn't even know it existed.

I hope TPP is a second screen experience. I want to keep track of MB and also build stuff.
Maybe I can entertain/train my soldiers in the app ? Just like Chopp in GTA V.

brau

I'm guessing it will let you do more than the GZ app.

Maybe Tora can answer this?

I didn't even know it existed.

I hope TPP is a second screen experience. I want to keep track of MB and also build stuff.
Maybe I can entertain/train my soldiers in the app ? Just like Chopp in GTA V.

I thought it would be nice to have it... but i found using the ingame map was a lot faster and intuitive, than holding the tablet and messing with it. Maybe if i had someone playign with me, and he/she can be marking different points of interest as i play.

Didn't you use it as a map while playing?

Nope... was just faster to go in game. The time to load map was a lot faster and easy to use, than me putting down the controller and switching to my tablet.

Embearded

Nope... was just faster to go in game. The time to load map was a lot faster and easy to use, than me putting down the controller and switching to my tablet.

I used it as a real time map to see the soldiers positions after tagging them. I didn't use it to call in Morpho or anything else.

tensuke

I wasn't it total media blackout mode, I watched the trailers and released gameplay vids over the years. But I guess I'll avoid this launch trailer until I beat the game. I want to watch it so bad though. I gotta stay strong!! 7 more days!!!

The1Ski

Spoiler free description:
First half is clips of old games mostly slow mo power walks and listing the main mechs from each game. Then a return to the model swapping corridor walk from E3 with a few surprising changes and new looks (some consider this part a spoiler)
After that it's the full spoilery reveal of the new Metal Gear which has only really been hinted at so far, and some of its surprising capabilities.
Followed by another slow mo power walk with a lot of characters on MB. (slight spoiler with one of them who's not been seen there before but not very surprising)

Whoa, that sounds awesome! Cheers on the description too

Does the companion app let you listen to tape recordings? I wish I could link that to the PC version so I could listen to some of the longer ones while not playing the game, so that's a shame if it's not available.

Embearded

Does the companion app let you listen to tape recordings? I wish I could link that to the PC version so I could listen to some of the longer ones while not playing the game, so that's a shame if it's not available.

GZ companion app does that. It syncs with your save and lets you listen to the tapes you have unlocked.

Top Bottom