• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ARMS launches June 16

BiggNife

If they use any time at E3 for ARMS, they've already fucked up. E3 should be for games in the future, not those imminently releasing.
Eh?

E3 is for games, period. I'm sure Nintendo will take advantage of the fact that Arms is a week away and try to capitalize on it while the spotlight is on them. It's not that weird.

C9PzgSMXUAEgS5C.jpg

Min Min design is amazing. (that beanie!!!) I'm so hyped by this game.

NimbusD

Some of the stages they showed got me pretty excited for this game, looks like some good variety to keep things interesting.

If they use any time at E3 for ARMS, they've already fucked up. E3 should be for games in the future, not those imminently releasing.

The best idea for an unreleased game that hardly anyone has played is to ha e the game be played in the biggest gaming event of the year just a couple of weeks before its released.

This is almost a spiritual successor to virtual on. And if one day we get that game on switch I will thank this game for it. But you know, if all you are interested in is to be wowed by some cgi trailer then it's up to you.

This game could be the next smash brothers or the next splatter for all we know.

If they get little mac in there as a cameo it would be a bonus.

Memory

Sweet 2v2 mode cements my purchase. I wanted it earlier but honestly Injustice 2 is going to have all of my May time so June 16th is fine.

Maining Min Min for sure.

Mdk7

This game looks so much fun (and it plays damn well, had a blast with it).
Loved MinMin, but I love the announcer even more: strong Judd vibes there, LOL.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, they really nailed this game's style---loving it.

I feel like Minmin is gonna end up being *ahem* one of those characters, but I got to admit she's the standout character for me already.

Still looking for a solid single-player to complete the package though.

Makonero

The best idea for an unreleased game that hardly anyone has played is to ha e the game be played in the biggest gaming event of the year just a couple of weeks before its released.

This is almost a spiritual successor to virtual on. And if one day we get that game on switch I will thank this game for it. But you know, if all you are interested in is to be wowed by some cgi trailer then it's up to you.

This game could be the next smash brothers or the next splatter for all we know.

If they get little mac in there as a cameo it would be a bonus.

cyborg little mac would be genius

PSFan

So is ARMS joycon controls only? Or can it be played with the pro controller or with the joycons attached?

TreIII

I was a bit lukewarm to this game, but this showcase really helped to sell me on this. There looks to be quite amount of depth.

Oh, and the 2v2 mode was such a thing that the Gundam Vs. fan in me could NOT exist~!

Bravo, Nintendo EAD/EPD. This is a day one now.

Though...I still think "Catch These Hands" would have been a perfectly sound choice for a localized title!
KuGsj.gif

I played arms at pax east and thought it was alright
Hopefully there's a cool single player story mode?
Just online x local fighting would be a bummer tbh

Mandelbo

Minmin's design is greeeeeeat (can't wait for all the inevitable fanart!)
2v2 looks greeeeeat
This is one of my most anticipated games - it just looks so FUN

About when I expected it to release. The new character looks like fun, and the game is definitely deeper than a Wii Sports Boxing clone. I'm in.

Maxinas

Was expecting late May, but not too far off. The character designs really are great, hoping the game does well; i'll do my part.

They should really have released a demo. The new footage didn't inspire confidence. I'm sharing to become worried about Switch.

They need a May Direct as well. Time to start answering questions. Online App?, Virtual Console? Third party support? Media apps?

Zedark

Very pleasantly surprised by this game. Am even considering getting it at some point, hope the single player content is meaty.

Harpoon

Game continues to look great, love Min Min's design. I think it's fairly likely the roster is going to be only 8-10 characters, though--not that there's anything wrong with that for this first game, especially with how many potential arm combos there are.

Also hoping the first player mode that was mentioned way back when isn't just the target-punching minigame.

Top Bottom