• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantic Dream's co-CEO is in New York (where the PS Meeting is happening)

Sorry for the necro bumb but I don't think this needs a new thread. The Kara video was little surprisingly just reuploaded on official EU PS3 youtube channel and then there is this:
CTKipLd.png

co-CEO of Quantic Dream.

So perhaps expect something new at the PS Meeting? Thanks to Cyberia and onQ123 for spotting these! :)

Sorry for the necro bumb but I don't think this needs a new thread. The Kara video was little surprisingly just reuploaded on official EU PS3 youtube channel and then there is this:
CTKipLd.png

co-CEO of Quantic Dream.

So perhaps expect something new at the PS Meeting? Thanks to Cyberia and onQ123 for spotting these! :)

haven't they said for a while that Quantum Dream had multiple games in development post-Heavy Rain?

Obviously we know one is BEYOND for PS3, but a game based on the Kara video in production for PS4 wouldn't surprise me at all. That video was very conceptual for just an unrelated 'tech' demo.

Despera

Banned
Damn, is that the chick on The Following? She was the model for the KARA demo?

She is beautiful.
Indeed.

But how likely is it for them to show off a next gen project when Beyond is still in development? Maybe they have a separate team with a different director making the game?

I think a possibility is that they'll just show another Kara tech demo a la Heavy Rain's Casting Call at the PS meeting, but we'll see.

Indeed.

But how likely is it for them to show off a next gen project when Beyond is still in development? Maybe they have a separate team with a different director making the game?

I think a possibility is that they'll just show another Kara tech demo a la Heavy Rain's Casting Call at the PS meeting, but we'll see.

well, the game might be completely different than BEYOND (in design and gameplay), making it easier to show off... but that's just a blind guess.

Another tech demo makes sense, though, as it would put Kara fresh in people's minds again. That would be important if they indeed plan to make a game based on the world/character.

I agree with what SolidSnakeX said in another thread- QD has become pretty important within Sony Computer Entertainment, so it's likely that Cage & Fondaumiere are just going to be there because the 20th is a massive event for the company.

yurinka

oh shit, I didn't see it likely, but if they also announce their game there in addition to Wipeout/new Evolution IP, TLG, GT6 Prologe, Uncharted 4, new IP from SSM, Media Molecule's new project, Killzone 4/new IP from Guerrilla and Metal Gear my head will explode.

Specially if Ready at Dawn and a Capcom fighter are also there (less likely, but who knows...)

Tratorn

haven't they said for a while that Quantum Dream had multiple games in development post-Heavy Rain?

Obviously we know one is BEYOND for PS3, but a game based on the Kara video in production for PS4 wouldn't surprise me at all. That video was very conceptual for just an unrelated 'tech' demo.

We already know they're working on Singularity. That name was "leaked" even before we knew Beyond, but since january it's (almost) confirmed to be a ps4-project:

Quantic Dream has registered the domain name for SingularityPS4.com, as spotted by Kotaku's sleuth Superannuation. In the past, Quantic Dream's domains such as heavyrainps3.com and beyondps3.com noted the studio's game titles followed by their platform. This suggests that Quantic Dream is planning to make a game called Singularity for the PlayStation 4. This also suggests that Sony's successor to the PS3 will indeed be called the PlayStation 4, rather than Orbis.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-23-quantic-dream-registers-domain-for-singularityps4

Apath

CTKipLd.png

co-CEO of Quantic Dream.

Does this mean there is a chance that the concept video will turn into a real game? Because that video was seriously great.

Pooya

David Cage recently said they will announce release date of Beyond 'very soon' , so I'd expect that at least. there should be some mention of PS3 at the start of this event, so might happen there. I think it's possible for it to be on PS4 too.

maybe they announce a new game too, seems too soon for that before Beyond is even out though.

Omikaru

Indeed.

To the bolded: I'm pretty sure they do. About a year ago, probably well into Beyond's development, they were on a hiring spree. Beyond the usual stuff (programmers, animators, artists and so on) they were looking for a new writer, and something tells me they wouldn't bring a new writer on to Beyond six months before its E3 debut, so coupled with all the other hiring I expect they were building up a new team.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Beyond cross-gen. QD won't have two titles unveiled at the same time! Or will they...

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I said in the thread, but probably EVERY sce studio has someone going to this event, whether they're announcing something or not.

And EVERY third party pub.

Doesn't mean anything about what will or won't be shown.

AniHawk

i hope kara becomes a real game. the horror genre has been making a comeback recently, and that demo was the most frightening thing i've seen in years.

StuBurns

Banned
Her eyes are crazy awesome.

As for the QD boss. I think Beyond would be a good candidate for cross-generational release.

Stasis

Add me to the list of those who want to see a real Kara game. I doubt that's what we're gonna hear though =/

From that tweet, I figure there's a possibility we'll see the reveal of Singularity, the follow-up to the Kara tech demo, on the 20th. OR, we'll get the announcement that Beyond is crossgen or its been moved on to the next gen. It always did look like a game that was pushing the PS3 to its very limits.

F4Tzoux.jpg

This is great news, Kara was an amazing video, I will buy the hell out of it if they create a full game for it.

Hnnng. She was hot back when the tech demo came out and she's still hot now.

If not a PS4 game announcement, they will definitely have a new tech demo. Sony will want to push them a lot and give them some spotlight with Beyond out later this year.

Sykra

Beyond is most likely a cross-gen, cross-buy title (there were rumors about cross-gen titles being cross-buy on ps3 and ps4, at least Sony titles). We shall see soon enough.

Top Bottom