• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Metroid Prime 3 Corruption movie !

PowWow

Uh, the controller is spazzing out loads in that video. Didn't Retro have the controller first? The graphics look okay though, apart from the grapple beam effect.

Yeah, the Wii controller may take some getting used to. But it's not a bad thing. It's like the first time you use a computer keyboard. Who starts out typing really fast? It'll become an acquired skill and I think after a while using the Wii controller will become just as natural as using a gamepad.

That guy is awful. Matt Cassamaassamasina played it and said it was hard to get used to at first, but then played like a dream when he got it.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Looks cool. If this just isn't a very early, buggy prototype, I hope the controls are like they are with Hunters: "WTFuck?" at first, but smooth as silk once you play with it for a bit. If not...yeah, dude looks like he's having troubles.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
fuck the guy playing is ass jesuschrist

taking the shield out with the grapple beam is cool shit.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
The guy sucked but I think it would be very hard to play standing up anyway. I can't wait to try for myself.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
There's still lock-on aiming? It seemed so unless he was just merely trying to grab the shield off the mob.

Graphics looks much better than the screens suggest it to be, a lot more crisp and smooth looking. Obviously since this ain't a launch game, they're still working out the control bugs, and I'm sure it'll play much better months from now.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
speedpop said:
There's still lock-on aiming? It seemed so unless he was just merely trying to grab the shield off the mob.
Its already been said that lock on is still there. Read IGNs impressions.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
My problems with Metroid are that the environment can appear to blend together and be a little disorientating. The enemies in MP3 also look like shit and the game doesn't look to hot.

I'm not sure what the controls are but turning looks laborious like it did in the RS conference demo. Obviously it would have worked better if the retard pointed the controller at the screen, but still, not very convinced about how intuitive this controller will be for FPS noobs

Setanta

The Jeux-France video original is quite slow and the Rapidshare is incompatible with mine and many others ISP's....can someone upload it to elsewhere???

master15

Good video, the guy wasn't the best but come on it's a new control for all concerned. His problem stemed from holding the controller too low, and when he was told by the rep to hold it higher he had no problem using grable beam to nick the shield which is a nice touch.

I hope for more organic environments like first Prime, and less like Echoes with countless labs, underground caverns and lab looking areas. Bit of variety although game looked better than I thought and still long way to go.

Leatherface

MrSardonic said:
My problems with Metroid are that the environment can appear to blend together and be a little disorientating. The enemies in MP3 also look like shit and the game doesn't look to hot.

I'm not sure what the controls are but turning looks laborious like it did in the RS conference demo. Obviously it would have worked better if the retard pointed the controller at the screen, but still, not very convinced about how intuitive this controller will be for FPS noobs

I'm sure there is a learning curve to it just like when we all tried mario 64 for the first time back in the 90's. Not only that but you can bet your ass the control will be perfect when it's released. Also, this game looks and moves WAY better then the GC versions which I just played yesterday. The graphics/effects/ speed etc.. are a pretty nice step up.

scaffa

Looks great :) Cant wait to try it out. The grapple beam stuff looked very bad ass. To bad the guy couldnt play for shit, it always freaks me out when you look at footage like that :D

Coen

Setanta said:
The Jeux-France video original is quite slow and the Rapidshare is incompatible with mine and many others ISP's....can someone upload it to elsewhere???

Does Yousendit work for you?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Roders5 said:
Its already been said that lock on is still there. Read IGNs impressions.
IGN is the cesspool of existence, but I am glad that lock-on is still there.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
jesus h christ, corruption looks hot gameplay wise. I love the grapple steal feature and the action going on, much more lively!

the graphics on the other hand... they're "alright" from what I can tell(vid is crap quality tho).

I'm sure retro will get all the control kinks worked out by the time it's due for release.

MrSardonic said:

I agree. The wiimote doesn't make aiming as pick-up-and-play easy as I thought it would.

bluemax

Banned
Can someone torrent it? I crashed my browser in the middle of downloading it from Rapidshare and now I can't get it from there again.

Graphics looked ok, gameplay looked fine, guy was clearly having trouble with it though.

But I think he sucked even more than a normal person would ... he didn't seem to be improving lol.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
how can people comment on graphics when the vid quality is crap, I saw the you tube link tho dunno if the jeux france looks better.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
Leatherface said:
Not only that but you can bet your ass the control will be perfect when it's released.

yeah, hope so. I really want wii to deliver a superior FPS control scheme, I just hate traditional pads for FPS

Top Bottom