• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 4 Story Spoilers and Speculations

TheOddOne

If you're talking about the things that appear to be inside the Knights, they certainly weren't (or rather, shouldn't be) of the Forerunner warrior caste.
I still hope they're ancient humans (or, at the very least, Forerunners of some higher, not yet described higher rate), otherwise you might as well throw Greg Bear's novels away, or at least cross out all of his vague descriptions because of how unreliable they all are.

As for the other Prom units... I can't even begin to imagine any advanced culture that would choose to turn their dead into robot puppies, or robot butterflies with hula hoops who live inside another fallen comrade's butt.
Seeing as the humans were used as guinea pigs, it would not suprise me if the Forerunners tried to infect them, to see if they are immune, but if it failed they were locked into the machine and could be controlled.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I wonder if the Prometheans are reanimated Forerunner who have fallen in battle...

(I know 343 uses the plural ForerunnerS now, but that is wrong and I will always go by the original plural of Forerunner. It ain't JEDIS.)

A couple of notes on this. Firstly, it's not actually new. The term has vascillated for years. Spark uses the singular, for example. The Forerunner civilization self-identified (not unlike Iain M. Banks' Affront http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_societies_of_the_Culture_setting#Affront) as "Forerunner" - often in the singular as a proper noun, as a somewhat dishonest self-identification as a "stage" in Galactic evolution. Of course the majority of them had no intention of going anywhere.

So in the past tense, when that proper noun has become a descriptor of chronology, the plural starts to creep in. It is deliberately fuzzy and one of the other reasons we chose proper plural was to avoid the semantic awkwardness of hearing a modern human ignore the plurals, past-participles etc. Don't want Marines talking like they are larping at ComicCon.

Glaven.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
A couple of notes on this. Firstly, it's not actually new. The term has vascillated for years. Spark uses the singular, for example. The Forerunner civilization self-identified (not unlike Iain M. Banks' Affront http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_societies_of_the_Culture_setting#Affront) as "Forerunner" - often in the singular as a proper noun, as a somewhat dishonest self-identification as a "stage" in Galactic evolution. Of course the majority of them had no intention of going anywhere.

So in the past tense, when that proper noun has become a descriptor of chronology, the plural starts to creep in. It is deliberately fuzzy and one of the other reasons we chose proper plural was to avoid the semantic awkwardness of hearing a modern human ignore the plurals, past-participles etc. Don't want Marines talking like they are larping at ComicCon.

Glaven.

Given new context on foundation of their civilization, I prefer "The Forerunner" much like we use "The Covenant". So you're identifying with a group instead of the individual.

You never hear the awkwardness when talking about the covenant

That and forerunners said very quickly sounds like "foreigners"

Given new context on foundation of their civilization, I prefer "The Forerunner" much like we use "The Covenant". So you're identifying with a group instead of the individual.

You never hear the awkwardness when talking about the covenant

That and forerunners said very quickly sounds like "foreigners"
The Forerunner sounds like you're addressing an individual and is actually singular. Forerunners sounds much better.

Covenant is already a word by itself that describes more than one individual so it makes perfect sense using that term.

76a1861c41ae6c003bfe5432ca119002.jpg

Could the Didact be riding in this thing? I forget which color he represents...blue or orange...

Project

More images of Halo 4 are being leaked. I do not know whether they are real or not, but I have heard that people in mexico have the game.

Oops. Looks like the thread got derailed by PM begging for links to pics. Ill just post em if I find em, but only through links and with appropriate warnings.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Crap, stop shitting up the thread with all the PM request guys.

There's no new content out there. Just some pictures of the game disks which may or may not be fake.

gSe6C.png

There were videos showing a supposed illegally pirated copy of the game loading up, which have been now taken down.

And some dude has been shown to be playing the game online. I'm not going to post his GT because he's getting hammered with requests to pirate the game.

Thankfully Microsoft have been very active. (Taken from a site full of people silly enough to warrant these bans)

A49E6cLCQAAKgWI.png

Z6IQR.png

e6054dfa23f12cfea42a9920f7f3a844.png

52aac7f467fc3b4f945d79941155ffa2.png

monome

So...

Thursday War is shit and Didact looks like shit...

that's not the build-up to release I expected.

Very curious, and still very much looking for the in-game reveal and how the story will evolve around the course of the game.

Greg Bear Halo is best Halo. There should be a team dedicated to creating a game around his vision, not the other way around.

So...

Thursday War is shit and Didact looks like shit...

that's not the build-up to release I expected.

Very curious, and still very much looking for the in-game reveal and how the story will evolve around the course of the game.

Greg Bear Halo is best Halo. There should be a team dedicated to creating a game around his vision, not the other way around.

uhhh..are there pictures..?

Max@GC

as a big halo fan i´m pretty stoked about all the cool shit that will be in halo 4...forerunners, chief becoming more human like, more touching story cuz of the chief+cortana interactions, characters like dr halsey, the graphics, neil davidge doing the ost and not o donnell, forge mode and so on...preparing my body for halo 4 atm by replaying the halo franchise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrmFbhse_2E :3

ced

Someone spoil the shit out of me, doesn't bother me a bit.

I've spoiled every Halo game ahead of time and it never effected my enjoyment.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Legendary Ending Spoiler

Holy shit, seeing the Chief stroll up in front of the Spartan IV's, and his face as his suit is removed.

And Didact... holy shit. That bastard. Forerunner ascendancy? Guess he's not a quitter.

Top Bottom