• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Octopath Traveler on Switch 2018, demo on eShop [Up: Surveys sent out]

Is there a way to delete demos played on our user profile? I absolutely hate that Splatoon 2 and Arms Testfire/punch are on there and it INFURIATES me every tie I go through it.

I made an alternate account to download the Octpath demo for now, but I'd like to solve the problem permanently instead of working around it. Especially since the damage has been done.

This is definitely a feature request I have for the Switch—selectively clearing titles from the playtime list on the profile, not the all-or-nothing situation we have now. Mine is clogged with demos as well.

Tevren

Loving this so far. Music is fantastic. Can already tell I'll grab this day one. Everything about this just feels -right- to me. So grateful they gave us this demo.

Only thing that bothered me, was the feel of the HD Rumble. Turned that off asap.

Finn

Currently tinkering with the demo (started with Primrose) and this feels ... amahzing. I need to this release NOW.

Plum

This first boss fight in the warrior bit is difficult as fuck. Has just obliterated me twice without any warning.

Game feels and looks great though. Could use a little less bloom, and having to go through cutscenes before every repeat of a boss fight isn't great at all. What's there though is awesome, and I can definitely see this being something very good when all the kinks are ironed out.

knkng

Playing this on the TV, the text needs to be WAY bigger. Pressing the Y button to bring up item descriptions, it's so tiny I have to physically move closer to the screen to read it. It's giving me flashbacks to Xenoblade X.

Otherwise the game has been very good so far (playing as Primrose).

Looks beautiful, though it also looks like it might have a point-and-click map rather than a more traditional world map. Much would've preferred the latter.

Fuck these impressions from the demo are killing me. I don't own a Switch yet.

That WILL be changing ASAP. This game alone would have sold me on the system regardless of all the stellar 1st party support Nintendo is bringing. I was that impressed with the trailer

Rynam

Playing this on the TV, the text needs to be WAY bigger. Pressing the Y button to bring up item descriptions, it's so tiny I have to physically move closer to the screen to read it. It's giving me flashbacks to Xenoblade X.

Otherwise the game has been very good so far (playing as Primrose).

I have the same problem in handheld mode if i play with the usual distance.

Finished Olberic's path. This is so, so, so, so, so good.
On to Primrose!

How long did it take?

Maxinas

Enjoying it more than i thought i would. Is the website up for feedback? Some things definitely need to be addressed, so its great that they are looking for feedback.

Aeana

This first boss fight in the warrior bit is difficult as fuck. Has just obliterated me twice without any warning.

Game feels and looks great though. Could use a little less bloom, and having to go through cutscenes before every repeat of a boss fight isn't great at all. What's there though is awesome, and I can definitely see this being something very good when all the kinks are ironed out.

Use spear to get him down to 1 shield left, then use abide, then break him, and on the next turn boost up the spear special ability to max. Repeat that a few times and you'll win in no time.

wrowa

Played 20 minutes of the demo and this hits all of the right notes. Hopefully the final release isn't too far off.

Aeana

DJpM4zhUMAAE4qr.jpg:orig

Wow, just 10 minutes into the demo and I can already tell this game has a ton of charm. Love the music and the voice acting is really good.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
I'm finding this game more interesting that I thought I would. The combat system is kind of fun. When I first started messing with boost, I just doing normal attacks, but when I got into the fight with
the 3 Brigands in the village,
I was like "I wonder what boost + ability does..."

Eyothrie

Do we know how long the demo is? Would be thrilled if its the length of the Bravely Default demo. I played that one for almost 10 hours

thefro

This is a really good demo.

Major FF6 vibes from the tone.

Battle system seems promising and fun and the music in the demo is great so far.

Top Bottom