• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Charged on PSN for something I didn't buy

xintin

Has anyone here had to deal with Sony's customer care regarding false charges before? I have a charge from last night for $19.99, but I definitely didnt buy anything and the only subscription linked to my system is Netflix.

I also didn't get the usual emails about funds being added and making a purchase either. Unfortunately im not home so I cant check my transaction history right now.

Just wondering what im going to have to deal with when I call them later on to try to get this fixed.

kuroshiki

Has anyone here had to deal with Sony's customer care regarding false charges before? I have a charge from last night for $19.99, but I definitely didnt buy anything and the only subscription linked to my system is Netflix.

I also didn't get the usual emails about funds being added and making a purchase either. Unfortunately im not home so I cant check my transaction history right now.

Just wondering what im going to have to deal with when I call them later on to try to get this fixed.

They have zero refund policy for downloadable goods.

Although I think quite puzzling that you didn't get any email from sony for your purchase. I always get that email. You sure it is from PSN?

Lothars

Is there any games on your transaction list or any charges?

you can find them here by going to https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com and than media and at the bottom has view complete transaction history.

RPG

I checked my CC today and found a 'myseterious' charge for Playstation Network from this week that I didn't make. Reviewed my PSN history and apparently it linked back to a purchase from July that was never charged at that time. Maybe the same thing happened with you?

Didn't preorder anything?

If you bought Plus and it expired, it can automatically recharge you if you didn't disable that feature... You should have gotten an email, sounds like you should just call them

spannicus

Had same probablem last week. Seems like when I bought Sound Shapes they didnt charge me for it. Two weeks later i got charged for the purchase. Called em up and they said it was a problem with their system where if you bought a game during that period u got it for free so they finally fixed and then charged you weeks later. Did you buy something in the last 4 weeks or 5?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think if you ask for refund they (Sony) ban your account. :_(.

I find it hard to believe a ban would be imposed if you merely requested a refund. If you initiated a charge-back, on the other hand...

xintin

ok so it might be delayed payment? ill check further in my transaction history to see if anyhig matches up.

thanks for the help, was worried my credit info was swiped for a moment.

iNvid02

i asked for a refund through CS email and phone but they refused - whats worse it was just a pre-order for some DLC pass

so i ended up typing a quick letter and snail mailing it, got a reply/refund within 5 days

Het_Nkik

I had my PS+ sub renew on me without knowing and I was able to get a refund for that just through e-mail correspondence. Though they said they'd only do it once as an act of good will or something.

So if it turns out you were charged for something you didn't buy, I'd say it'd be incredibly easy to get a refund.

xintin

so it is a delayed payment for something I bought back in July. Pretty weird that it took 2 months to charge me.

Thanks again GAF

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
so it is a delayed payment for something I bought back in July. Pretty weird that it took 2 months to charge me.

Thanks again GAF

I have a feeling we're going to be getting a lot of these "PSN charged me" threads in the next few days.

Foshy

They have zero refund policy for downloadable goods.

Not entirely true, if it's their fault they'll help you. I bought Mutant Blobs Attack for Vita on the EU store the first hour it got up; it was glitched and didn't install, they replaced it with a working version on the store but my money was missing at first. Wrote an E-Mail to customer support and they immediately refunded my money.

So, write an e-mail to the Playstation support of your country I guess.

Edit: Oh, didn't read that you found the problem. Alright then.

mochuuu

PSN Community Mgr.
Here's the language straight from CS about these items.

"Thank you for contacting Sony. We apologize for the confusion. Due to technical issues there were lengthy delays in the processing of some transactions. The charges you see now are related to previous purchases made on your account. Your credit card was authorized at the time of purchase, however the credit card charge was not settled until this week.

Please realize, although you received a purchase confirmation at the time of purchase, these are not always related to the actual charges being processed – these are two separate events. Please reference your account transaction history for additional details of the purchases associated with these charges."

Top Bottom