• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CEO Kaz Hirai (the parody Twitter) announces his retirement in 2018.

Consistently funny from what I've seen posted around the internet. Usually hits nail on head.

I like that Sony embraced the account.

Bollocks

crying-boy-with-a-gun-on-the-coast-ebgw3n.jpg
don't do it man

luulubuu

Announcing a retirement from a twitter account? lmao
Fake Kaz was pretty funny.

100K followers, if you have a bit of decency, you should care about your audience and not let them down. Announcing the end just to not make them worry is the best thing they could have done

That sucks. The dude who runs that account it legit hilarious. I would like to thank this person for all the laughs throughout the years. Much respect.

Yeah I can respect this decision, they've still been able to pull of a few great one-liners over the past year or so but I too got the feeling they were running out of ideas. It's a good idea to try to go out on a high and do one last E3 as well.

I can't say I will miss this because obviously it's a trivial thing and I'm sure I'll still read a few of the things he would've tweeted over various forums or other Twitter accounts but he's made me laugh a few times and hopefully there's a few more to come.

jelly

Announcing on stage at E3 2018, real Kaz, it was me all along!

The tweets are absolutely amazing, thanks for the laughs, enjoy the retirement post 2018.

MTC100

Banned
Too bad, made me laugh quite often. But like Kaz has retired from being the face of playsation so does his fake account retire.

Perhaps another one will take its place...

That's too bad but good for having an ending.

Nothing ever has an ending anymore. Things just reiterate until they fizzle out.

The best and most fun games comments over the last 5 years and it's never been crass or offensive or shitty. He's just really sharp.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
If this all becomes some huge swerve, it'll be even better.

Nonetheless, good on him for not continuing forever.

Audioboxer

Unsure what I'd be more sad about, real Kaz or fake Kaz retiring... Real Kaz sorted out PS3 era Sony eventually.

If a well-known GAFer stops posting in 2018 we know who it is.

Top Bottom