• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's a Wonderful World (New Square Touch Action RPG for DS)

neo2046

- Subarashiki Kono Sekai / It's a Wonderful World
- DS
- Touch Action RPG
- Square Enix
- character design by Nomura
- modern day seting
- development by Kingdom Hearts staff

Wait a minute? Is that kingdom hearts psp down there? With more cards?

edit: but the ratio is all wrong. dont tell me thats ds?

Meier

Looks like a Kingdom Hearts spin-off... is this perhaps the rumored FFXII one? Maybe just a misunderstanding? I see it's announced alongside KH II Final Mix, which indicates it might be.

Ok so what I gathered from the image

-kingdom hearts final mix is going to have some card based battle thingy like COM
-new IP for ds
-ff12 something for ds

ethelred

Meier said:
Looks like a Kingdom Hearts spin-off... is this perhaps the rumored FFXII one? Maybe just a misunderstanding? I see it's announced alongside KH II Final Mix, which indicates it might be.

There are three games there.

It's a Wonderful World -- DS
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings -- DS
Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - PS2

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ethelred said:
There are three games there.

It's a Wonderful World -- DS
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings -- DS
Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix - PS2

Mmm....so at least 33% chance of there being loli involved, which means duckroll will need to buy a DS to play.

Lovin' the style of Wonderful World (I almost typed Life, that would have brought back horrible memories of Harvest Moon, good thing I avoid-aw shit).

neo2046

the style and the screens convince me that originally it is a PSP projext

- DS
- Touch Action RPG
- Square Enix
- modern day setting

neo2046 said:

- DS
- Touch Action RPG
- Square Enix
- modern day setting

Or a cell phone project.

jgkspsx

Hm. I like the art style and battle system (looks like a rhythmic button press/gesture system for magic/special moves?). I haven't liked a Square game in yonks, but this piques my interest.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
So what are the chances of crisis core ever coming out by now?

Considering how one plaforminsh squeenix likes to operate.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
neo2046 said:

- DS
- Touch Action RPG
- Square Enix
- modern day setting

I'm all for more of this and less of the medieval/future shit.

ksamedi

JoJo13 said:
Looks cool, but I wonder how much they think they'll sell, 350k? :|

ha, i dont think they got the numbers yet. But it definitly has potential. Id say 500k

Edit: BTW, is this set for 2006? or 2007.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Zilch said:
These are the kinds of Nomura designs that I dig (the anime/manga style ones).

I agree. I like Nomura when he's doing what his art fits in.

ethelred

JoJo13 said:
Looks cool, but I wonder how much they think they'll sell, 350k? :|

Er, would 350k for a new RPG IP really be considered bad? That'd be a fantastic result for It's a Wonderful World.

However, it's way too early to speculate on that. :p

TheTrin said:
I agree. I like Nomura when he's doing what his art fits in.

Yeah, I'm absolutely loving the manga style to this game.

Wow... the sprite lovin' on that It's a Wonderful World... and they might be "generic," but I really dig the character designs...

Cursed Japan always getting a "Final Mix" uber-enhanced version of anything even moderately improved in other regions.

Wow, that looks... really hot, actually. I'm interested. (Also: insert mandatory "thanks for finally making some new IP Square-Enix hur hur" here)

FFXII Revenant Wings will, of course, be all mine. I do think it's weird we're not seeing a XII-2 for PS2 (though, y'know, maybe further down the line) given that the engine is basically free to reuse and X-2 established that it's very profitable to do so.

I wonder where this leaves both the rumored XIII for DS and the rumored Tactics DS. Maybe there are YET MORE DS ANNOUNCEMENTS coming despite the fact that Square seems to have ten million DS games in the works.

elostyle said:
So what are the chances of crisis core ever coming out by now?

On a serious note, do we have a jap. release date for Crisis Core? I thought it was scheduled for September or October this year, but we haven't anything for like ... ages about this game.

On topic: great news, more SQ love is always good.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Frankfurter said:
On a serious note, do we have a jap. release date for Crisis Core? I thought it was scheduled for September or October this year, but we haven't anything for like ... ages about this game.

On topic: great news, more SQ love is always good.

Crisis Core was a smoke screen to make people think S-E gave a shit about the PSP.

Jiggy

No clue what's going on, but I love it anyway. Ouendan meets action RPG?

Edit: Love the modern setting, too. For whatever reason, that's the most neglected time period in games--usually it's futuristic, or medieval, or set in historical war periods (WWII, etc.), so I appreciate change when it happens. Needs more than one female character, though.

Vashu

Awesome news, and it seems to be set in Tokyo (that image on the far left resembles Shibuya a lot)... More SE love for the DS, which is always a good thing. And I like the sound of it too, not to mention the look. :D

Top Bottom