• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

So... no OT for the Switch release? DBFZ has me hyped for DBZ games and I'm thinking about picking this one up.
Normally if a port of a game releases around a year after the original release then another OT is welcomed. At least that's what I was told.

The question is if anyone will actually care.

Kaizer

Banned
There's a few extra story quests in the season pass, but it's too short to be worth it at full price if you don't plan on doing the parallel quests (which are usually done in multiplayer).

Cool, guess I'll wait a bit before getting it & take a look on YouTube first.

Reizo Ryuu

You know this game has really stupid music, but it also has some really kick ass music

Yes, which is exactly why I turn off music; it's so fucking dumb how the music just stops playing when you are a bit too far away from your opponent and it restarts when you get in range again.
The music should really just be playing non-stop when you actually start fighting.

Pisses me off.

Impulsor

I reached level 99 yesterda on switch with my frieza race character. I need janemba's sword.

Where is the janemba raid?

Reizo Ryuu

The janemba raid was up previous weekend, dunno if it still is.
But it's a big blue dimension rift in the sky.

Dunno if switch has a different schedule.

Finally grabbed this for Switch after loving Xenoverse back in 2015. A dragonball RPG is too good to pass up, but hesitated on this one till now. The combo of it being on switch for all my grinding needs as well as hearing that this game has raids (which seem understandably different than the normal MMO concept of Raids, but still a really cool sounding idea for a massively online event) convinced me to go in for it. The game has some jankiness as the first one did: the textbox cutscenes are super cut-heavy and animations don't always look seamless, the music seems strange or inappropriate at times, and they have way too much text in the beginning of the game, but man oh man if the idea of getting new DBZ clothes and unlocking new moves, skills, and forms doesn't excite the heck out of me.

ajim

How do i access the dlc? I bought it all. Do I need to access through story progression or can I just start using all the characters or whatever?

Reizo Ryuu

dunno what dlc looks like on switch, but if it's registered to your account, there should be some way to access it through your account right?

Reizo Ryuu

The latest update has been really good.
The free update is basically like a mini dragonball heroes, but there seems to be a ton of grind.

The dlc pack is actually really dope.
The PQ are great, good difficulty as well.
Tapion, dabura and android 13 are all great, great movesets and skills, buuhan is kinda alright, just a remixed moveset.

The pride trooper outfit is great and I love SS deadly bomber, #13's ultimate.
It looks great, the startup has a dope animation and the tracking is godly; the damage isn't the best, but it's just so much fun to use.
Tapion's sword attack is pretty dope to look at, but I think you can only really land it after a heavy stamina break, this makes zamasu's ult slightly better imo; it doesn't have great tracking but at least the startup is fast.

The best thing about this update though, imo, is the fact that you can now finally set PQ music; I always hated how the music dies out if you aren't in battle, which can happen from just knocking an enemy away too far. Now if you set the music, it will play right away and not stop playing unless you change zones.

Also I think they updated the team AI a bit, they seem way better at fighting now; I had vegetto blue use his sword stab several times after I wiffed a move and became vulnerable to counter attack.
The AI seems to be much better now at knowing when they need to jump in and when when they need to stop interrupting your own combos.

RootCause

^^^ Sounds like a great update. Glad to see the ai get a boost, though I'm still annoyed by the cpu's inability to transform. Another thing, the switch version TP still hasn't been resolved. :(

Reizo Ryuu

Yeah real good stuff this update. Sucks the switch still has a problem.

Also the AI actually does have the ability to transform, I've seen CaC AI do it sporadically; I think it's just incredibly low on their move priority list.

Reizo Ryuu

This is my new favourite attack:
EgElFkS.gif

Only got it to drop yesterday but the startup animation is just godlike.
It also helps how it only costs 3 bars, has decent tracking and has a great impact animation as well.

Ixion

This is my new favourite attack:
EgElFkS.gif

Only got it to drop yesterday but the startup animation is just godlike.
It also helps how it only costs 3 bars, has decent tracking and has a great impact animation as well.

Nice. What's the name of that attack?

I have to get back into Xenoverse 2 now with this update.

Top Bottom