• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy : Next-Gen consoles are a quantum leap

ekim

Gamesindusty.biz /German Edition translated

(corrected quote)
"We are working as usual, first with a relatively small team on a next-generation project," said Hakkinen.
"One wonders all the time: Can the new consoles really be that much better than the previous? Rest assured: they are, it is a quantum leap.".

Disclaimer : I guess they talk about PS4/720 and are ignoring WiiU as a Next-Gen console.

leapstart.jpg

Glad to hear it.

Cade

Blow my mind, Remedy. I waited for the PC version of Alan Wake, but after playing it and seeing the light, your sequel will sell a system for me. Make it shine!

Yeah, I just hope we're not going into 4K TV territory yet since comfy-couch mode has yet to even see high IQ polygonal games in 1080p. Save 4K and 100inch TVs for 2022.

Hey...

Wasn't there an episode of Quantum Leap where the dude was in a chimp's body and shot a gun at a bad guy or something?

Pranay

from wiki
Although changes of quantum state occur on the submicroscopic level, in popular discourse, the term "quantum leap" refers to a large increase.

Yeah, I just hope we're not going into 4K TV territory yet since comfy-couch mode has yet to even see high IQ polygonal games in 1080p. Save 4K and 100inch TVs for 2022.

Hey...

Wasn't there an episode of Quantum Leap where the dude was in a chimp's body and shot a gun at a bad guy or something?

There is no way we are getting decent quality games at 4K res, there'll be 4K video playback maybe.

danwarb

But are they 3x or 5x better than the current gen? How many PS3s make a PS4, and so forth?!

Twice as powerful would be significant with the extra RAM and modern hardware they'll incorporate, if there's no jump to higher resolutions this time.

Dicer

Banned
Good luck withe budgets to support a "quantum leap" If people thought this gen was bad for studios, just wait.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

KarmaCow

I don't understand, what does quantum translate to in terms of numbers? I think it's 102.53 times more bettererer but I'm not sure.

7threst

To be fair, in the article the dev doesn't allude to any platform.

Reads more like a supposition on the author's part.

Yep. "Ob es sich um ein Microsoft- oder ein Sony-Projekt handelt, wollte Häkkinen nicht bestätigen." suggests that the author just didn't asked about Nintendo.

Top Bottom