• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Intel Panel hearing on Russian involvement (3/20, 10am ET, livestream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Right. Its amazing to watch given that I really don't think they'll announce anything significant.

Just saying the FBI didn't wiretap or anyone else did not wiretap Trump Tower is big news. Everything else is will be good. If we learn what was said behind close doors months ago it will be even better.

Banzai

I thought this meeting was just about yahoo being hacked?
I'm afraid this'll just embolden the "FAKE NEWS!" crowd when nothing concerning Trump or the election is said.

RPGCrazied

Someone really needs to get charged with treason over this. Yeah, it probably won't be Trump. But someone needs charging. Be it either Flynn, Page, Manafort or Stone.

BriGuy

I predict everyone is going to walk away from this with their own narrative of choice. Expect Fox News to have "WHO'S THE LEAKER?" as their lead story (bolstered by Donnie and the Muppets that make up the GOP) and little to no mention of anything else.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
I thought this meeting was just about yahoo being hacked?
I'm afraid this'll just embolden the "FAKE NEWS!" crowd when nothing concerning Trump or the election is said.
That was last week.

Maxim726X

So... What are the odds Comey announces fuck all (as it pertains to Russian involvement with the Trump campaign)?

90%? Or 100%?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Alright lets go. 20min
giphy.gif

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I predict everyone is going to walk away from this with their own narrative of choice. Expect Fox News to have "WHO'S THE LEAKER?" as their lead story (bolstered by Donnie and the Muppets that make up the GOP) and little to no mention of anything else.

Probably until next Monday at the Senate hearing.

rambis

Banned
Just saying the FBI didn't wiretap or anyone else did not wiretap Trump Tower is big news. Everything else is will be good. If we learn what was said behind close doors months ago it will be even better.
Sure. I just know these things take months and months to bear any fruit. Alot of people seem to be expecting bigger things.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So... What are the odds Comey announces fuck all (as it pertains to Russian involvement with the Trump campaign)?

90%? Or 100%?

Pretty high chance we won't get anything but generic lip service. Most stuff would be classified anyway and come out in closed meetings later. Only when they have a conclusion or indictment to publicize will some of the juicy stuff become public.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Sure. I just know these things take months and months to bear any fruit. Alot of people seem to be expecting bigger things.

They been investigating for a while now it is time for hearings. For all we know they have all the info in the world or none at all.

KHarvey16

I'm guessing much of it will be confirmation that Trump was not wiretapped and that Trump Tower specifically was not under surveillance.

It'll be important to pay attention to the specific wording of questions and answers. I hope people won't interpret a lack of a huge bombshell as omgitsnothing.gif but I suspect many will. It's important for some to justify their cynicism.

rambis

Banned
Anyone got feinsteins reaction linked? My podcasts keep saying she's shook.
She seems like a very serious woman in general. The Grassley body language was more telling. He had previously said that this was all fake news basically. I felt if he left the briefing with that same mind state he would have been more candid.
They been investigating for a while now it is time for hearings. For all we know they have all the info in the world or none at all.
The comments from Nunes yesterday makes me thinks there is still alot more smoke than fire at this point. But we'll see.

I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn acted alone in all seriousness. Flynn has obviously be obsessed about Russia for a while with the speaking payment crap coming out. So it's going to be flynn trying to influence trump instead of trump acting as the mastermind.

Trump has been wanting to team up with Russia since the 80s. People like Flynn and Carter Page had contacts to help foster the deal.

What they need to prove is that Trump was involved. I mean all these lies about contacts to Russia I find it impossible to believe he didn't know.

Remember the change to the GOP platform to be more pro Russia? First they claimed it wasn't Trump and then it came out Trump wanted it after all.

The same sort of thing will happen. They just need to pressure the right people.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Yes.
We are getting confirmation that no wiretapping happened. Which is a big thing itself.

We are also getting a few "I can't comment" - answers if Comey is asked whether there is an investigation into Trump. That's​ also huge.

lol. 10 minutes to go.
V2WGcQK.png

he should just @ all the people he follow. posting pubically like this. please give this man some fiber. and some activia

Maxim726X

Pretty high chance we won't get anything but generic lip service. Most stuff would be classified anyway and come out in closed meetings later. Only when they have a conclusion or indictment to publicize will some of the juicy stuff become public.

You're right, of course.

I feel like there's just too much that has transpired for there to be nothing going on... But I guess we all must be patient.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Yup

lol. 10 minutes to go.
V2WGcQK.png

he should just @ all the people he follow. posting pubically like this. please give this man some fiber. and some activia

Someone acting like a piece of shit doesn't mean you get a pass for acting like a piece of shit covered in radio active material that is also actively on fire.

ESPECIALLY when the election is over and she isn't running in 2020 (if she does I will just permanently quit caring about politics and stick my head in the sand regarding anything remotely political forever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom