• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Lagamorph

Finally got my AGL SSJ3 GT Goku up to level 100. Need to post my box when I get home to see if anyone has recommendations for an AGL team to take on the Shenron event.
Tried it earlier but got stuck in the TEQ/INT fight and it was going to take my items to get through it so I crashed out intentionally.

nowarning

I still have the Broly event to do, didn't have much luck with it on super previously but I have the Goku, Gohan and Goten units now.

Gonna shift my AGL team a bit to get the GT SS Goku and SS Trunks on there, first run of Omega was OK but used more items than I would have liked.

MAY? is that confirmed? that's much too far away ;_;

btw i asked for Omega before but I also really need a SUPER Broly team, if anyone has suggestions. Box

I'm confused as to how rampage works: when you disable it, can anyone deal normal damage, or only the characters with the passive / BB link skill?

I was thinking of maybe taking Videl Saiyaman STR and Mighty Mask because they both greatly lower def and have BB, then SR Trunks for the passive, and use Gogeta and friend SV to deal damage, or alternatively 2 gogetas, to make getting ki easier. Throw in AGI Golden Frieza for blocking and Buutenks to seal. but idk if that would work.

You have to activate BB link by having at least 2 units being next to each other. TBH the best thing to do is pray you pull one of the STR Son family members like Goku or Goten and then use them to nullify Rampage and kill Broly fast.

Look for units that reduce defense and you can kill Broly that way but items will be required to survive.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Finally got my AGL SSJ3 GT Goku up to level 100. Need to post my box when I get home to see if anyone has recommendations for an AGL team to take on the Shenron event.
Tried it earlier but got stuck in the TEQ/INT fight and it was going to take my items to get through it so I crashed out intentionally.

Do you have a sealer? I haven't tried the event yet, but for that stage I plan to keep the Teq guy sealed as much as possible and burn down the Int guy first. Without a sealer it could definitely be a bit rougher.

Also, if anyone wants to provide input on my last 2 STR team spots, I'd appreciate it:

https://dbz.space/box/Anoregon

Omega, Gogeta, Beerus, and SSj3 Goku are all a given, but I can't decide who else to include among SR Buutenks (seals), Android 17 (orb change), or any of the mediocre SSR saiyans I have.
Once Teen Gohan rebirth comes he'll be a pretty easy include as well I suppose but for now he's no great shakes.

Used this team and felt like it was much easier than the AGL route, especially with Omega's debuffs:

STR Mono -
Buff Roshi Leader
Gogeta
SSG Goku
SSJ3 Vegeta
SSJ3 GT Vegeta
Metal Riildo
Omega friend

jryeje29

I've only attempted and beaten it once but the team I used is Super Vegito with a another friend super vegito and then agl gohan, golden frieza, ssg goku, ss3 goku, and ssb kaioken goku, it took 2 senzu beans and one ghost usher

Did a third multi because I just really want Omega... nothing but Rs and SRs, but at least one of them was Oceanus... small consolation prize.

For those keeping score at home, that puts me at 3 multis with the only pulls of note being R Oceanus and 2 x SSR Syn Shenron. Oh and 2 of the other R shadow dragons but who cares

Aiii

So not worth it
Did a third multi because I just really want Omega... nothing but Rs and SRs, but at least one of them was Oceanus... small consolation prize.

For those keeping score at home, that puts me at 3 multis with the only pulls of note being R Oceanus and 2 x SSR Syn Shenron. Oh and 2 of the other R shadow dragons but who cares
Two SSRs out of 3 multis is a pretty decent haul though.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
If SSRs are about 1/10? Not really. Also easy to say when you're literally the luckiest person in this thread :p

I also think the rates should be better to begin with.

I ended up at exactly 10% - 200 stones spent (4 multi's worth) and I got 4 SSR.

jryeje29

460 stones and lots of regret later I pulled a total of 13 ssrs 5 of which were nuova shenrons. I'm also so freaking tired of pulled STR Beerus, I have pulled more of him than any other ssr, he's SA 10 and I still have 5 dupes, the addiction is real though
Srp7ozt.jpg

Anoregon

big pic, edit out name, etc.

But yeah that fucking sucks. Id be so mad looking at nouvas dumb face that many times.

Aiii

So not worth it
If SSRs are about 1/10? Not really. Also easy to say when you're literally the luckiest person in this thread :p

I also think the rates should be better to begin with.

They are generally 8% tops. 10% or higher is only in extremely rare cases or with doubled rates. 2 in 3 is pretty much normal.

Anoregon

I've only attempted and beaten it once but the team I used is Super Vegito with a another friend super vegito and then agl gohan, golden frieza, ssg goku, ss3 goku, and ssb kaioken goku, it took 2 senzu beans and one ghost usher

So just to confirm - the team you used had 0 GT links?

everyone... please... please put your pics in quote tags... let me live

I'm at a constant struggle with myself. I want to get Omega Shenron but I've already spent over $300 on this game :/.

Don't do it. Ticket banner and VB/Rose are coming up. I'm already sort of mad at myself I did 3 multis on this one, and I'm stopping here despite having more than 100 left over. Chasing that one card on a banner is a good way to go poor AND insane.

Can't wait for Rose/VB. Tired of not having a good team because you don't have that one or two clutch units to make a good mono team. So much more freedom with Extreme / Super leaders. I'd be happy with either of them.

Anoregon

Also, has anyone done Omega with a STR team using that silly Pan you can get from her event? She has GT link, stun chance, and heals. Curious if she is worth trying.

everyone... please... please put your pics in quote tags... let me live

Haha sorry man. Stupid mobile version didn't copy the smaller image link correctly.

460 stones and lots of regret later I pulled a total of 13 ssrs 5 of which were nuova shenrons. I'm also so freaking tired of pulled STR Beerus, I have pulled more of him than any other ssr, he's SA 10 and I still have 5 dupes, the addiction is real though

At least you'll be able to unlock all 4 nodes of Nuova's ability system when it comes in later! xD

Also, has anyone done Omega with a STR team using that silly Pan you can get from her event? She has GT link, stun chance, and heals. Curious if she is worth trying.

I would but I accidentally sold my SA 5 Bee Pan. ;__;

Maxim726X

Good thing my phone got stuck in a boot loop yesterday!

New phone is supposed to arrive later. How long are the transfer codes good for? I have one from December.

New phone is supposed to arrive later. How long are the transfer codes good for? I have one from December.

You don't happen to have a LG G4 do you? And You should be fine, pretty sure people have used transfer codes months later.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you link it to your FB? You get free DS and it helps secure your account. It's good if you plan to keep a single account, not so much if you plan on re-rolling a lot though.

Reizo Ryuu

Trying to put together a mono agl team with golden freeza, all out charge goku, ssj kid trunks and monkey tora/vegeta, but I'm not sure about the last spot, could someone recommend something from my shitty box

Lagamorph

Ok, so here's a chunj of my box. All my SSRs are there and what I think are my good SRs/Rs.

https://dbz.space/box/Lagamorph

If I include all my trash SRs that I've kept "just in case" then there'd be 217 units in there...

Would really appreciate if someone could recommend a team for the Shenron event. Not sure if mono AGL is gonna cut it this time around.
Would also love it if someone could maybe recommend a team for the Vegeta event as well.

Whizkid7

Oh, huh, wow, an OT for this.

So yeah, not really planning to pull as my best pull luck was pretty much destroyed when I came back from a hiatus and pulled Gogeta and SV in the same multi, and then Kaioken Blue Goku on the first multi on his banner. I've got a pretty solid fused team, AGL team is redonk, and TEQ team ain't so bad (Godtenks did not bless me with his presence).

But now I dunno what to do with myself. I'd like to try super strikes but I never thought to keep Rs/many SRs so I can't really make the team cost. And I don't have anyone other than the Godku to dokkan and my team doesn't seem able to handle super on him.

Arrrammis

In my experience, the codes never expire. I used one a few months after it was generated and it worked fine. Still, I create a new one every few weeks to be safe.

Maxim726X

You don't happen to have a LG G4 do you? And You should be fine, pretty sure people have used transfer codes months later.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't you link it to your FB? You get free DS and it helps secure your account. It's good if you plan to keep a single account, not so much if you plan on re-rolling a lot though.

Actually, I did link it to my FB account... Totally forgot about that. Thanks!

In my experience, the codes never expire. I used one a few months after it was generated and it worked fine. Still, I create a new one every few weeks to be safe.

Good to know, appreciate the reply.

Wazzy

Banned
Did one 50 pull and got Spirit Bomb Goku and Ape form Tora. I'll try another one later to see if I can land Shenron but I'm okay if I can't pull him.

Anoregon

Trying to put together a mono agl team with golden freeza, all out charge goku, ssj kid trunks and monkey tora/vegeta, but I'm not sure about the last spot, could someone recommend something from my shitty box

Other folks will probably have more thoughtful opinions but my initial feeling based on those units is that there really isn't much of an agi team you can build. The 4 SSR's, kid trunks, and then just anything for a filler. Friend pull androids I guess.

MisterMac

Ok, so here's a chunj of my box. All my SSRs are there and what I think are my good SRs/Rs.

https://dbz.space/box/Lagamorph

If I include all my trash SRs that I've kept "just in case" then there'd be 217 units in there...

Would really appreciate if someone could recommend a team for the Shenron event. Not sure if mono AGL is gonna cut it this time around.
Would also love it if someone could maybe recommend a team for the Vegeta event as well.

Super Vegito
SSB Goku
SSJ2 Goku
AGL Whis - I highly recommend getting him to SA10 next time his event is around but awaken him for sure. His stun is great and his heal can be a lifesaver.
SSJ3 GT Goku
Golden Frieza
Super Vegito

You could maybe pull out Whis or Golden Frieza your AGL GT Goku. Whis more likely candidate since Frieza's tankiness will help you a lot. You shouldn't have much trouble with the dragons before, line your blockers up and focus down the green one. The purple one should die to Super Vegito counters. Take the Ki Path that makes you face Oceanus

For items I suggest 2x healing items and 2x damage reduction like Whis or Icarus. If you take Whis maybe you could bring a Baba but it shouldn't matter. For reference I just beat him with

Super Vegito
Janemba
Great Sayaman
SSJ Goku(the crappy starter one who gives Ki+2 on passive)
Kid Buu
Whis
Super Vegito

Also to everyone else:

CLEARLY don't spend overspend stones on this banner. The All Gods Banner was announced for April so that has a better chance of at least getting a god. Plus Shenron and Buuhan will be on the Rose banner, PLUS SSJ4 Goku is coming and is a 3+1 and his banner has GT Trunks, Gogeta, and SSJ3 GT Goku(STR). PLUS the ticket banner is coming also in April which is another chance at a god including Shenron. Oh and I forgot the STR Perfect Cell Banner which will likely also have Shenron.

This banner is basically shit even if you desperately need a god lead. Obviously pull on what you want etc but imo it's best to spend stones in the place with the highest value of return. That's banners with more than one card that will improve your collection. This banner has Omega and Gogeta as standouts and imo that's not a very good value proposition. As F2P or P2P you can get more bang for your buck in the coming months. I'm waiting for the SSJ4s and that's the advice I would offer if you can be patient, but if you gotta get your poison out on some banner there are better ones in April that might even have a deal attached to them.

Reizo Ryuu

Other folks will probably have more thoughtful opinions but my initial feeling based on those units is that there really isn't much of an agi team you can build. The 4 SSR's, kid trunks, and then just anything for a filler. Friend pull androids I guess.

The SR android 17 & 18 that dokkans multiple times into LR? Because I have that one.

MisterMac

Do you have a sealer? I haven't tried the event yet, but for that stage I plan to keep the Teq guy sealed as much as possible and burn down the Int guy first. Without a sealer it could definitely be a bit rougher.

Also, if anyone wants to provide input on my last 2 STR team spots, I'd appreciate it:

https://dbz.space/box/Anoregon

Omega, Gogeta, Beerus, and SSj3 Goku are all a given, but I can't decide who else to include among SR Buutenks (seals), Android 17 (orb change), or any of the mediocre SSR saiyans I have.
Once Teen Gohan rebirth comes he'll be a pretty easy include as well I suppose but for now he's no great shakes.

Buutenks Dokkans off the Buuhan fight and has Over in a Flash so he'll make a great partner with SSJ3 Goku on top of his sealing. Long term he kinda stinks since his Dokkan doesn't make him that much better. For now though a seal and over in a flash = spot on your team easily.

In addition your SSB Vegeta, SSJ2 Gohan, and SSJ Goku all received Dokkan Awakenings down the line and Vegeta and Gohan especially become really effing good. For now I'd take Goku or Gohan so they at least have Golden Warrior to link with your other Super Saiyans.

Anoregon

Omega and Oceanus in the same multi is the dream.

Not only I'm I not getting Omega Shenron but Buuhan refuses to show up in my list! I need 1 more Xeno Trunks medal and no buuhan wtfffffff. I spent like 20 stamina doing 4 sta missions no buuhan. So I moved onto trying to get xeno card drops, no card drops, no buuhan. rng piss off pls

Lagamorph

Super Vegito
SSB Goku
SSJ2 Goku
AGL Whis - I highly recommend getting him to SA10 next time his event is around but awaken him for sure. His stun is great and his heal can be a lifesaver.
SSJ3 GT Goku
Golden Frieza
Super Vegito

You could maybe pull out Whis or Golden Frieza your AGL GT Goku. Whis more likely candidate since Frieza's tankiness will help you a lot. You shouldn't have much trouble with the dragons before, line your blockers up and focus down the green one. The purple one should die to Super Vegito counters. Take the Ki Path that makes you face Oceanus

For items I suggest 2x healing items and 2x damage reduction like Whis or Icarus. If you take Whis maybe you could bring a Baba but it shouldn't matter.
Thanks!
I'll have a go with the first team you suggested, and if I struggle with that I'll see about swapping out Whis for AGL GT Goku.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I got 3 SSRs in 80 stones but one was an ape and another was a dupe. The other was Nuova Shenron who isn't terrible and is getting a dokkan so that's something

Arrrammis

Here's the team that I used to destroy Omega Shenron:

Plus Omega Shenron friend. I am debating swapping out STR Beerus for STR SSj Goku (GT), but Beerus links with Omega for +2 ki and +15%, and Omega is always linked with Pan anyways, so I don't need that GT link. I keep Omega and Pan together on a turn and Super Gogeta and SSj3 Vegeta on the other turn, with the other 3 rotating in the third slot. Only used one ki changing item to speed things up!

Edit: My post brings up a fantastic tip that I don't think made its way into the OP: Once the battle starts, you can manipulate the order that people attack in. The left and center slots will attack alternating turns and the third slot will attack every third turn. So, if you want to keep two cards together all the time, keep them in the first two slots. Here's a kind of diagram if it makes it easier to see:
Turn 1: 1 - 2 - 3
Turn 2: 4 - 5 - 6
Turn 3: 1 - 2 - 7
Turn 4: 4 - 5 - 3
Turn 5: 1 - 2 - 6
Turn 6: 4 - 5 - 7

The order at the start of a battle is random, though, so I usually use the first phase of a boss (The PHY Omega Shenron, etc.) to set up my order before I move on to the next phase. You order lasts until you go back to the map, so once you set up the order of your cards, it will stay that way through every phase of a multi-part battle like Super Vegito, Super Gogeta, Omega Shenron, Buuhan, Gotenks, etc., making those battles much easier.

Tamanon

Banned
Broke down and got one discounted 91 stone pack.

Pulled Omega. So now I have all 3 banner SSRs, guess I'll have to beat the event now! My STR team is pretty boss now.

Omega, SSJ3 Goku, Beerus, SSJ Gotenks, Broly, SSJ3 GT Vegeta, Majin Buu(Good) if I want him.

Still missing Buuhan and PHY Broly, but we'll see when the ticket summons come!

Plus Omega Shenron friend. I am debating swapping out STR Beerus for STR SSj Goku (GT), but Beerus links with Omega for +2 ki and +15%, and Omega is always linked with Pan anyways, so I don't need that GT link. I keep Omega and Pan together on a turn and Super Gogeta and SSj3 Vegeta on the other turn, with the other 3 rotating in the third slot. Only used one ki changing item to speed things up!

Edit: My post brings up a fantastic tip that I don't think made its way into the OP: Once the battle starts, you can manipulate the order that people attack in. The left and center slots will attack alternating turns and the third slot will attack every third turn. So, if you want to keep two cards together all the time, keep them in the first two slots. Here's a kind of diagram if it makes it easier to see:
Turn 1: 1 - 2 - 3
Turn 2: 4 - 5 - 6
Turn 3: 1 - 2 - 7
Turn 4: 4 - 5 - 3
Turn 5: 1 - 2 - 6
Turn 6: 4 - 5 - 7

The order at the start of a battle is random, though, so I usually use the first phase of a boss (The PHY Omega Shenron, etc.) to set up my order before I move on to the next phase. You order lasts until you go back to the map, so once you set up the order of your cards, it will stay that way through every phase of a multi-part battle like Super Vegito, Super Gogeta, Omega Shenron, Buuhan, Gotenks, etc., making those battles much easier.
Right that should be added in. I didn't know about that for OVER A YEAR OF PLAYING. Yeah, I suck :(. Then again I never really needed them in specific positions until Broly Dokkan first came around.

Inspired by this team I'm thinking of going with this with a friend Omega. Any thoughts before I waste 50 stam? I could try putting SS3 Goku in the lead and nuke, but Ki is kind of a problem then. I also have TUR Beerus, but I figure with GT link, Rilldo (SA10) may be better.

Trade Point Roshi might be of service to you. 60% all stats and Over in a Flash

Can't afford that :(

MisterMac

Inspired by this team I'm thinking of going with this with a friend Omega. Any thoughts before I waste 50 stam? I could try putting SS3 Goku in the lead and nuke, but Ki is kind of a problem then. I also have TUR Beerus, but I figure with GT link, Rilldo (SA10) may be better.

Trade Point Roshi might be of service to you. 60% all stats and Over in a Flash

Arrrammis

I'd say that STR Roshi (from the baba shop) would be better for a lead than Gogeta. You miss the 3 ki, but +60% hp,atk, and def is pretty nice, and the GT gives an extra 2 ki anyways(edit: just saw your post, maybe ignore this past tip. Super Gogeta could be OK, but if STR Omega Shenron supers, it might one-shot you). It looks like you're not using many Shocking Speed/Fierce battle units (which is the main reason I used Beerus), so Rilldo is probably the better choice. Don't bother trying to nuke, you have to fight 5 enemies and you'd only be able to nuke 2 of them at best. A dokkan'd Omega Shenron at SA5 hits for ~450k damage with no damage links on the final form, so with all those GT units damage shouldn't be much of an issue.

Top Bottom