• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PaRappa the Rapper told me to drop dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
No white boy could bust such phat rhymes as "Noodles are the best no doubt can't deny/taste better than water but don't ask me why"!

I thought it was a woman this entire time. Wow, this thread has opened my eyes to so much.

PaRappa-the-Rapper.jpg

Pikawil

Unconfirmed Member
This is probably one of the best Facebook meltdown I have seen since the Amy's Baking Company post-mortem.

Camjo-Z

For added fun while reading, please enjoy Dred's hit single "Fish Sandwich" pitched up to sound like PaRappa.

https://soundcloud.com/rwaradioreturns/parappas-fish-sandwich

TALKIN BITCHES STALKIN OUR RICHES

EDIT: oh i missed this

That was quite a read, and it's really unfortunate.

So Camjo, why haven't you called Kotaku yet?

Don't get me started! We sent them the story back in December and again earlier today, but no luck. You'd think this would be right up their alley!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'

PaulloDEC

The dude may have fallen on hard times, but you wouldn't think he'd stoop to ripping off a couple of dedicated fans (of which he can't have a hell of a lot nowadays).

What a sad story. Looks like "Never meet your heroes" was right in this case.

Mechazawa

To be fair, he sounds like a giant, flakey douche and all, but threatening someone by looking into your "legal options" over $60 is similarly lame.

SmithnCo

This is sad. Dred sounds real douchey.

Can we now stop asking for Parappa 3 and start asking for Umjammer Lammy 2 please? That was always the correct path.

Camjo-Z

To be fair, he sounds like a giant, flakey douche and all, but threatening someone by looking into your "legal options" over $60 is similarly lame.

At the time it was $100 solely out of my bank account since my friend was going to pay me his half later (which he has done), and the legal options thing was just to see if I'd finally get a reaction out of him instead of excuses and apathy. (Which it did, but not the reaction I wanted.)

this is so sad to read, what a sad situation
a voice actor shouldn't be asking his fans for donations

but are you really friends with the shredder?

The aforementioned Shredder is currently reading and greatly enjoying this thread.

Takao

Banned
this is so sad to read, what a sad situation
a voice actor shouldn't be asking his fans for donations

but are you really friends with the shredder?

GamerJM

Banned
Okay, having read the whole thing, at first I actually sort of started on his side, since personally I think you got hostile a little too quickly (if it were me I would have given him the benefit of the doubt and explain to him that he promised to give us our money back a while earlier in more friendly terms). But Dred clearly ended up going batshit insane quickly after that and the whole thing reeks of unprofessionalism. So yeah, you guys were clearly in the right overall, and it ends up being an incredibly strange situation.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Okay, having read the whole thing, at first I actually sort of started on his side, since personally I think you got hostile a little too quickly (if it were me I would have given him the benefit of the doubt and explain to him that he promised to give us our money back a while earlier in more friendly terms). But Dred clearly ended up going batshit insane quickly after that and the whole thing reeks of unprofessionalism. So yeah, you guys were clearly in the right overall, and it ends up being an incredibly strange situation.

Seriously? They waited months before asking for the refund. They were patient and even sent more money. I think you completely missed the timeline of events.

Blues1990

You know, I honestly don't know how to reply to this bizarre story, though I'm sorry that your fan project had fallen flatter than a flat note. (Along with these events had boiled down to a virtual version of mud-slinging.)

So, instead, here's a puppy:

KqkxGm4.gif

Drayco21

Oh man, PaRappa, what are you doing?

What a shame, when I first joined that group, I thought Foxx seemed like a cool dude who was actually down to interact with a community and genuinely enjoyed his job and fans.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
This whole thing is evidence I guess that in the age of the Internet literally nobody is too niche to have fans.

PK Gaming

Wow, that's pretty low of him. The whole situation is kind of funny though, his responses are so cringeworthy haha.

This is probably one of the best Facebook meltdown I have seen since the Amy's Baking Company post-mortem.

What's the story behind this?

EDIT:
13+-+Dred+Arrives.png

#DEAD

GamerJM

Banned
Seriously? They waited months before asking for the refund. They were patient and even sent more money. I think you completely missed the timeline of events.

Shit happens. I like to assume the best(/worst) in a situation like this. Dude could have potentially suffered severely from Hurricane Sandy. He could have been occupied with a lot of other things. Additionally it's possible he could have just forgot about the refund. Sucks if he did, and it would have been really silly on his part, but it's possible, and again shit happens.

Having seen the whole situation from start to finish it's clear that it isn't the case though.

Hellraizah

I read your whole blog. This is going to be REAL damaging to him.

I'll never understand why guys like this don't understand that 100$ is petty change compared to the reputation he's losing with this.

Camjo-Z

You know, I honestly don't know how to reply to this bizarre story, though I'm sorry that your fan project had fallen flatter than a flat note. (Along with these events had boiled down to a virtual version of mud-slinging.)

So, instead, here's a puppy:

snip

Cute!

I actually have a little test animation still in my Newgrounds dump, if you are wondering what it would have looked like. http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/4bc61508ec026a9849253a34a43c976d

Oh man, PaRappa, what are you doing?

What a shame, when I first joined that group, I thought Foxx seemed like a cool dude who was actually down to interact with a community and genuinely enjoyed his job and fans.

[cringing intensifies]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom