• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colin McRae Rally (re-mastered for HD) - available on Steam

Randy

Re-mastered for HD.

Did anyone know about this one? It's available on Steam and it hit me right in the feels this morning.

Steam Store

Throw me in the Dirt if old.

Hit the dirt as Colin McRae Rally, the ultimate off-road racing game experience, returns to PC.

From the developers of the multi-million selling franchise and based on content from the 90% Metacritic rated Colin McRae Rally 2.0, Colin McRae Rally for Windows PC features THIRTY amazing rally stages with a combined distance of over 130km.

ss_cb8755fbe229f37baa8769d2c4b3e00fe6cb6d47.1920x1080.jpg

ss_a19f704954a0f17f84414f9a62235611ae81a340.1920x1080.jpg

ss_862573506a88f2d5909d9cbe7aea54017793dcf8.1920x1080.jpg

Cyborg

Oh god I want this one so bad for PS4.
This was one of the best rally games I have ever played..........Please god, bring it to the PS4.

EctoPrime

The best thing about the first few Colin Mcrae Rally game is that you did not have to put up with obnoxious image filters and bloom. I see Codemasters couldn't help themselves.

Burai

shitonmychest57
I gave up on Colin McRae on iOS cos of a horrible bug that caused the controls to randomly stick. It was a great game otherwise.

Cyborg

CmR 2.0 on PSX was amazing :) I had so much fun, I want it so bad! I hate the OP for posting this........I need to boot my PSX up !!!

Any kind of driving wheel support?

Edit: nvm, just saw on the steam store page it supports wheels. Doesn't mention which ones though...

Burai

shitonmychest57
The best thing about the first few Colin Mcrae Rally game is that you did not have to put up with obnoxious image filters and bloom. I see Codemasters couldn't help themselves.

Actually, I remember CMR2.0 having a weird blue filter on a lot of the stages.

Mm6gIcO.jpg

justbiglee

Neo Member
Hey guys,

It is indeed a port (kind of) from the mobile version we did last year which is based largely on CMR 2.0. We've touched up the car models, the audio and graphics to better suit the PC (and Mac) though.

Give it a go would love to hear what you think - Here are some keys to get you started (post up when you've claimed on so others don't lock up their Steam accounts trying)

RB3Z0-V93BK-62WGV
0PXG6-PEFDJ-I56WD
ERNWE-BR08N-T4MG7
E08AH-D2MXL-P7390
KXBI0-J92T5-CE553

Anteater

all lurked :p

I've always wanted to play the first few games but never gotten a chance to, I'll pick it up at some point

Doczu

Hey guys,

It is indeed a port (kind of) from the mobile version we did last year which is based largely on CMR 2.0. We've touched up the car models, the audio and graphics to better suit the PC (and Mac) though.

Give it a go would love to hear what you think - Here are some keys to get you started (post up when you've claimed on so others don't lock up their Steam accounts trying)

RB3Z0-V93BK-62WGV
0PXG6-PEFDJ-I56WD
ERNWE-BR08N-T4MG7
E08AH-D2MXL-P7390
KXBI0-J92T5-CE553

Are there any changes oher than the graphics? Because i've played the mobile game already (it's nice btw), but i ain't gonna double dip for graphics alone.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hey guys,

RB3Z0-V93BK-62WGV
0PXG6-PEFDJ-I56WD
ERNWE-BR08N-T4MG7
E08AH-D2MXL-P7390
KXBI0-J92T5-CE553

Just for future reference, a better way to give away keys would be to wrap them in the e-mail tag so only members can get them, e.g.:

[email=RB3Z0-V93BK-62WGV
0PXG6-PEFDJ-I56WD
ERNWE-BR08N-T4MG7
E08AH-D2MXL-P7390
KXBI0-J92T5-CE553][/email]

Results in:

Which only shows up when the post is quoted (something unregistered lurkers can't do). Alternatively, there's ModBot, which is what folks in the Steam thread use to give away keys, although if you just want to give away a handful of keys to random GAFers as a once-off it's probably a little too involved a process -- but it does protect against keys being taken surreptitiously.

Coen

Absolutely checking this out when I'm back from work. I loved the driving in 2.0, still think it's the best feeling Rally game ever. I hope this remaster didn't change anything on the car handling and physics.

V_Ben

Banned
Ha, very nice to see this come to Steam. Remember playing the old games so much, 3 led to the funniest gaming moment ever with my sister.

It's a bit confusing that this remaster is supposed to be based on the mobile version of CMR 2.0. Why not just release the proper game on Steam? And looking at the screenshots, my nostalgia goggles paint a much better picture of CMR 2.0 than that. It must be the Vaseline filter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's a bit confusing that this remaster is supposed to be based on the mobile version of CMR 2.0. Why not just release the proper game on Steam? And looking at the screenshots, my nostalgia goggles paint a much better picture of CMR 2.0 than that. It must be the Vaseline filter.

I thought it was the original game at first, when I saw it in the Steam registry. If the older games simply don't play nicely on modern systems, then Codemasters should just handball them to CDPR in exchange for temporary GOG exclusivity, as Squeenix does.

Megasoum

Banned
I'd be curious to try it for sure. I loooooved the original CMR 1 and 2. I'm skeptic about the android port but others are saying great things here.... Hmmm

I don't see a problem with it being based on the mobile version. That was a really really well made game, and playing that with a controller will be fantastic!

justbiglee

Neo Member
Just for future reference, a better way to give away keys would be to wrap them in the e-mail tag so only members can get them, e.g.:

[email=RB3Z0-V93BK-62WGV
0PXG6-PEFDJ-I56WD
ERNWE-BR08N-T4MG7
E08AH-D2MXL-P7390
KXBI0-J92T5-CE553][/email]

Results in:

Which only shows up when the post is quoted (something unregistered lurkers can't do). Alternatively, there's ModBot, which is what folks in the Steam thread use to give away keys, although if you just want to give away a handful of keys to random GAFers as a once-off it's probably a little too involved a process -- but it does protect against keys being taken surreptitiously.

Did not know that, thanks for the tip :)

Here are a few more

I don't see a problem with it being based on the mobile version. That was a really really well made game, and playing that with a controller will be fantastic!

Isn't the problem that the PC version has a lot more content? I'd rather buy a version of 2.0 that runs flawless on modern systems for 7 or 10 bucks, than a butchered phone version for the same price.

e: The game is 2.99 on iTunes and and on sale on the Google Play store for 1.99. The original 2.0 PC version also has a proper cockpit view, unlike this port.

Top Bottom