• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Banned GAF members that go batshit insane on other forums/youtube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehhh I think it might have been a little extreme to ban him permanently.

He obviously had that 'fanboy' mentality in him though, unfortunately.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That one person that wanted Epic Tales of Penis unbanned for NHL-GAF went batshit insane when he was perma'd on Twitter.

Made me really wonder how many whiny manbabies there are in the sports threads.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
It would be great for neogaf mods to reach out to other forum mods from other sites and get them banned from other forums :)

kick them when there down ect!

Steelrain

He wasn't lying about the popularity thing but it seems like he was all about that Nintendo.

He should have kept it in the OT.

Moofers

What's the story with the "Evil B as in boy, ore" forum? Like how did it get started, etc? I had an account there after a friend referred me, but I only lasted like a month before vowing never to go back. Its full of the most bitter fucking assholes you could ever talk to on a message board. My friend later apologized and said he had only been going there for a week or two before me and that he was going to forget that place existed.

I always assumed that they had some beef with GAF due to the very name of the forum, but I never knew the story.

bengraven

I dont think batshit insane means the same thing to me as it does to you fanboi

Batshit would be the second one. The first was just "uncomfortably nuts".

What's the story with the "Evil B as in boy, ore" forum? Like how did it get started, etc? I had an account there after a friend referred me, but I only lasted like a month before vowing never to go back. Its full of the most bitter fucking assholes you could ever talk to on a message board. My friend later apologized and said he had only been going there for a week or two before me and that he was going to forget that place existed.

I always assumed that they had some beef with GAF due to the very name of the forum, but I never knew the story.

Kind of like you said.

The more mature bitter assholes end up on the Bore, including myself occasionally. It was started by a disgruntled former member who may or may not have been in the right and has much looser rules than GAF. It's not a bad place: some of the more respectable banned members or even members that just chose to leave there occasionally have some great discussion there. I lurk quite a bit just because they have some great threads, plus their running commentary thread on things going on over here.

The other spinoff that starts with an "O" is the cesspool of the banned and angry.

big_z

does that cloned neogaf message board where perma banned members, and creepy people go still exist?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Prior to registering on NeoGAF, people would tell me how bad of a forum it is. Looks like they were just banned or never accepted.

Dead Man

Well, he tooks his bloody time to do a video of his banning... that is serious business.

Yeah, but he made one about how GAF changed his life too. Haven't watched that yet, I'm off to bed. I expect more examples when I wake up. Get to work, people!

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
How do people on that board live with themselves?

bengraven

I love how system wars on GAF usually boil down to Nintendo vs. Sony when things get called out. Not just on the board, but in reflection: I see quite a few banned members who are like "I'm not sucking Sony's dick Nintendo rules!".

Maybe Xbox gamers just don't get into the fights enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom