• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM (Holiday 2017) and Wolfenstein II (2018) Announced for Nintendo Switch

Can we finally agree that Nintendo is Doomed?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dat idtech... so adaptable. I can't help but think about how much John Carmack would talk about the Wii and now he doesn't work for id anymore. I wonder what he thinks of the Switch

Completely unexpected. Gonna' grab both for sure.

Freakin' Bethesda is supporting Switch more than a longtime Nintendo partner like Capcom.

OldMuffin

Hm surprising that they ain't putting the new order and old blood on the switch as well? Anyway glad to see Bethesda supporting the switch more and more and I hope more follow suit, thus making the switch more enticing (than it already is) for me to pick up

Blues1990

Definitely going to get DOOM for the Switch, as the PC version that I have has been crashing my computer whenever I start it up.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Speaking of... How big is DOOM though? Like 50GB?

as already said, DOOM runs on machines far weaker than ps4 and xbox 1, and that likely goes for wolfenstien 2 as well, need i remind people that wolfenstein 1 was on PS3 and 360? all they need to do is lower settings, resolution and FPS enough for it to run. That's what it means for switch to share a modern GPU and CPU featureset with the other consoles

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Digital Foundry analysis of Doom Switch is now one of my most anticipated things. Imagine Doom '16 portable. Considering the system I thought the few seconds we saw looked great

Doom is like a 60 Gb sized game. How are they fitting that on a switch cartridge? And RIP to your storage if you want a digital version.

deleted

You know what? Nice!

I might double dip on Doom if they implement a nice motion control setting.
And Wolfenstein 2 seems to be the easiest version for me to get a version with English Voice Overs...

rockyt

This is so freaking awesome. I am so happy. I have Doom on my PC and it is my go to game for mindless fun. Will rebuy for on the go awesomeness. Will definitely get wolfenstein for switch. Own and play it on PC but will grab the switch version for portability. Dam this is just too awesome.

Rran

Did not see this coming... never got around to playing DOOM, heard it was great; picking it up in December ;D

Eolz

Now that's a megaton. If Doom is a good port, I'll get it.
Also, no excuses to not port AAA games now :p . When even Bethesda does it...

Asd202

It looks like it's the PC version on the lowest setting, still looks good of what we could see in the direct and what Switch can do

Yeah but this will be a good test to see what can we expect from other AAA ports in terms of performance if they will happen in the future.

This is gods damned insane news to me.

I mean hats off to Nintendo for getting these games on their system, just absolutely brilliant news afternoon long being unable to get contracts in place and or hardware easy enough to port to.

If they're both 60fps, I'm getting these on Switch!

jwillenn

****'s huge because I have been interested in Wolfenstein 2 for PS4. I really want to see how it looks and plays for Switch (gyro aiming and all).

Da-Kid

This pretty much puts a spotlight on developers that say Switch can't handle their games. I know we're in for a downgrade but if it looks good and is playable. Do it.

Fat4all

Banned
as long as they keep the framerate solid, I'm down for some Switch Doom

lots of fun little surprises hitting this year, good stuff

Polygonal_Sprite

Gold Member
Yeah can't wait to see how downgraded they will be.

That wasn't the argument now was it. It was that current gen games just couldn't run at all on the system. The argument will now simply change to "only certain games will run" and then to "pfft who wants to play a gimped version on Switch anyway" lol.

Top Bottom