• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Anyway, something I should have done a long time ago.

Price? 299,99$-349,99$
Release date? November 18th
1st party launch titles? Pikmin 3, Mario Wii U
Bullshit xbox360 multiplier equivalent? 2x
E3 Surprise? Tons of Third-Party Support, Awesome Online Service, Surprise First-Party Announcement a-la Kid Icarus.

Anth0ny

Speaking about sticks… if regular analog sticks were an impossibility, what would be best:
A) The protruding nubs that we see currently on the DRC
B) Flatter nubs like on the 3DS or PSP
C) Teensy analog sticks like on the PSV
D) Flat capacitive pads (like on that Sony Playstation phone)

?

I would have said
A
, but I actually tried out
C
at the store recently, and they were a lot better than I expected. Didn't get to try them on an actual game, though, as the unit was unpowered.

The Wii U circle pads look better than the 3DS circle pad, but I'm hoping we see some true analog sticks on a revised controller at E3.

Circle pads suck.

I can't seem them going to analog sticks, anyone that has used the controller:

How much of an improvement are the U Pad's circle pads from the 3DS's???

(myself, don't mind the circle pads on the 3DS that much though they aren't perfect)

So does that mean the retard defense force needs a new captain?

Puts hand up.

also im sure someone will have fun with this:
reggie_is_watchinfinal.png

Oddduck

I think people should just assume the worst, and expect the circle pads instead of real analogue sticks on the controller.

Miyamoto seems content with circle pads, and normally when Miyamoto likes something, it usually sticks.

lednerg

The [analog trigger] clickiness would more for Gamecube alikeness than any compatibility with the competition, though, right?

Yeah, but it's also something that should be given a second chance. I mean, you've got the aim button and the fire button all in one, which is perfect. Maybe just change it so the feel of the analog is a little less 'mushy' than the GC.

I can't seem them going to analog sticks, anyone that has used the controller:

How much of an improvement are teh U Pad's circle pads from the 3DS's???

(myself, don't mind the circle pads on the 3DS that much though they aren't perfect)

The U's pads seem more upraised (unless I did a poor job of looking at them last time I checked), so they have at least one benefit that sticks typically have compared to flat nubs.

Seik

Banned

Price? 299,99$-349,99$
E3 Surprise? Tons of Third-Party Support, Awesome Online Service, Surprise First-Party Announcement a-la Kid Icarus.

nintendo-5th-element-cafe-console-1307371793t.gif

Nibel, after briefly taking in thread feedback:

THIS ONE is godly. This is what I want. It's the best way to use touch screen + giant screen in a manner that is as functional as it is beautiful.

…except for the lack of folders. ;)

Pff, fine, if nobody else is going to post anymore, I'll just do all the speculatin' myself!

This mockup is pretty sweet, but I think I'd like to populate the empty space below the n" logo with icons representing categories. A film reel for videos, a globe for networked apps, a checked box for local multiplayer games. I'd want it to be customized -- use your own icon images, and populate your categories simply by dragging from the box containing the game/app's image to the category icon. This seems really straightforward, but it'd reduce the clutter that happens when you have eventually downloaded many more apps than would fill up, say, two of those swipey pages.

Also, I imagine the large "game currently in disc" box should persist even when you slide through pages.

Even though it's a touch screen, the dpad and both analogs should allow for moving your focus, and then any face or shoulder button can activate whatever's selected.

Also, I was serious when I said I wanted an updated Mario 64 face on the DRC which mirrors the turning and tilting of your head and the expression on your face (via the camera analyzing you). Mirror Mario would be totally useless but it would rock!! :D

Also, I'm thinking that the stuff the Mii is wearing and other cool stuff on the TV part of the sysmenu should be only available by doing things in games. I think that XBL achievements sometimes do this, and I would like a similar feature, albeit one which does not use a point system at all (apparently, that part of the system means that incredibly shitty games that give you lots of points get high sales, and that's unfair to the market, imho).

Price? 299,99$-349,99$
we're all in agreement that the surprise and likely launch first party game is the retro game right? Since it has been in development longest and they said it's crunch time this year...

*sees lots of pages have been made*
you missed a perma ban...that was something.

we're all in agreement that the surprise and likely launch first party game is the retro game right? Since it has been in development longest and they said it's crunch time this year...

I doubt it's been in development longer than Pikmin 3. ;P

I'm thinking that Retro's game could be actually a Summer next year thing and that an actual surprise is waiting for the end of the N-Conf.

Do mods usually explicitly state in the thread when it's a perm like EL did this time around? Or was this just something done as a warning to people who were getting a bit excited?

F5ing a page full of gifs seems to be getting to my internet, but by all means do it. In absence of news, let there be gifs!

Oh, no… HylianTom, come back! You use gifs sparingly, and when you're present, people actually talk instead of just massively bombing the thread with noise!

I'm thinking that Retro's game could be actually a Summer next year thing and that an actual surprise is waiting for the end of the N-Conf.

Do mods usually explicitly state in the thread when it's a perm like EL did this time around? Or was this just something done as a warning to people who were getting a bit excited?[/QUOTE]

It's very rare for a mod to comment on a ban, let alone for Evil Lore to pop in and up it. It was certainly done as a warning against trying shit like that again.

no way they depend on pikmin 3 for their big launch game though. If it's not a mario title then it has to be the retro game I would think.

I should make a new gif.

I'm planning one also.

Thank you.

I skimmed the last couple and I'm assuming it was over a fake?

Those animations will never cease to be funny and creepy awesome.

fixed

Not even 100posts per page can make the speed of the thread look normal!

Missing over a day is not good for anyone trying to keep up, haha.

So, how about that Wii U, yeah?

What's the current over/under on click sticks?

I can see Nintendo adding them if enough developers badger them about it. Whilst having a touchscreen makes them unnecessary imo it would be odd for Nintendo to go back to a more traditional controller (compared to the remote and nunchuck) and not have analog triggers and clickable sticks.

I'm also a bit peeved that we're not getting Resident Evil 6 at launch, and a bit surprised too given Capcom's good relationship with Nintendo these days. The touchscreen is ideal for the franchise and will also be perfect if they're using the Genesis Scanner from Revelations again.

Mind you, we might have something better on the way from them with a bit of luck!

SmithnCo

no way they depend on pikmin 3 for their big launch game though. If it's not a mario title then it has to be the retro game I would think.

They probably want that Mii NSMB to come out around that timeframe as well, at least I would. That and the Retro game would make for a good starting selection.

Shurayuki

I can see Nintendo adding them if enough developers badger them about it. Whilst having a touchscreen makes them unnecessary imo it would be odd for Nintendo to go back to a more traditional controller (compared to the remote and nunchuck) and not have analog triggers and clickable sticks.

I'm also a bit peeved that we're not getting Resident Evil 6 at launch, and a bit surprised too given Capcom's good relationship with Nintendo these days. The touchscreen is ideal for the franchise and will also be perfect if they're using the Genesis Scanner from Revelations again.

Mind you, we might have something better on the way from them with a bit of luck!

Clickable circle pads aren't really possible right? I don't see them changing to analog for the sticks, the triggers would be fine.

Cacpom on Wii has been surprisingly iffy and on DS they weren't in top form either...though they surely seem lovey dovey lately and thankfully so. Personally I'm a bit shocked where console RE seems to be heading design-wise and have to say...if no RE6 on Wii-U could mean something like a console RE:R I'm game.

To quote the great advisor from Tropico 1, "So sad."

RTS needs to become a big thing on Wii-U, my vote for big E3 announcement is HotS for Wii-U ;P (yeah yeah pikmin >_>)

I'm not sold on the RE6 thing yet. The dev said "RE6 will not be available at this time on the Wii U", which could be weasel words for "At this time, we have not publicly stated plans to make Resident Evil 6 available on the Wii U". In short, they're under NDA like nearly every other dev, and so that version has not been announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom