• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT5 Rumors: French Magazine with Kazunori Yamauchi reveals...

0de558e1c7ac774c533e3bd757ef.jpg

- All cars and tracks from GT4 will be included in GT5
- More cars and tracks should be downloadable
- 4 driving views
- Damage for the race cars
- All Ferrari+ F1 cars
- New city tracks
- Online drivers 12-20
- Changing weather during races.

Just rumors for now since no one has seen the actually interview except for this guy:
http://www.planete-gt.com/forum/vie...ghlight=&sid=6406ea8a9ecfee72be8b88746058347f

And seeing as it even looks as the guy is advertising the magazine, giving out its price and everything, take this with a grain of salt...

But if true... F*CK YEAH!

UPDATE:
This interview has been confirmed by Sirolf in this post.
Some scans here

If this all this or even a 1/3 of it is true and the game comes out before 2009 then it will be the biggest feat of next gen game creation yet.

Pimpwerx

I am going to kill that asshole when all of this ends up being completely false. But for now, I've just about nutted myself dry. :D PEACE.

EDIT: 12-20 online play is probably my favorite rumor here. But the bullshit about all cars from GT4 sounds like a load. Maybe through microtransaction, but not Day1 out-of-the-box. PEACE.

"Je peux vous confirmer qu'il y aura un jeu qui sortira entre GT4 et GT5" K.Y
DUN DUN DUNN!!
So he confirms that there will be a game that comes out between GT4 and 5, wth? GTHD resurrected?

Shapingo

Damage for the race cars? only race cars? I hope they include the racing conversion option that GT 1 and 2 had. But Weather, Online, Ferrari, Hot damn!

S. L.

MickeyKnox said:
DUN DUN DUNN!!
So he confirms that there will be a game that comes out between GT4 and 5, wth? GTHD resurrected?
GT5 Prologue (i thought that was said/confirmed long ago?)

edit: nvm

edit 2: In spite of pie in the sky assumptions like that (GT4 had almost 800 cars, all those at GT5's level of graphical fidelity? Nope.) GT5 really does have all the ingredients to be something really awesome.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Metalmurphy said:
- Online drivers 12-20

What they forget to mention is that online play consists of people coming together and play a time trial run by themselves, then compare the times afterwards like F355 Ferrari. lol.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wario64 said:
What they forget to mention is that online play consists of people coming together and play a time trial run by themselves, then compare the times afterwards like F355 Ferrari. lol.

no its actually 20 cars in real time. however, the track is designed to be 20 cars wide. so everyone will use everyone else has a bumper. this will constitute the single player. this way, they do not even have to code AI.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Wario64 said:

:(

Anzu

Banned
If the leap (graphics) from GT4 to GT5 is as significant as GT2 to GT3's, then holy son of a crow....

I wonder though if it'll be -amazing- graphically, 12-20 players online, weather effects AND at 60 frames per second?

Wasn't there a topic on this French preview, or at least another preview from the same France media blitz, that stated complete dashboard and cockpit modeling for all cars? Yet no inclusion in these note points? ("4 driving views" isn't exactly indicative.) Curious if it's actually confirmed or not.

womfalcs3

Banned
GT5 will show off the greatness of blu-ray... obviously games will do so ahead of it though like MGS4 and FFXIII.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Red Blaster said:
pigfly.gif

What's so unbelievable about that? That was the very first thing they did to GT5, bring over all of the existing content before making new content. That aspect of the game is already done.

no its actually 20 cars in real time. however, the track is designed to be 20 cars wide. so everyone will use everyone else has a bumper. this will constitute the single player. this way, they do not even have to code AI.

Sarcasm aside, the game is supposed to have an invisibility toggle. In other words, you can have cars drive right through you or not.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This **** can't be real... right?

Yoboman

whatdog.gif?

So there will be 500+ damageable cars? Or does it mean only a specific type of car is damageable (race cars)?

That doesn't seem right either way

AlphaSnake

Yoboman said:

whatdog.gif?

So there will be 500+ damageable cars? Or does it mean only a specific type of car is damageable (race cars)?

The race cars, as in the cars with all of the decals on them prepped specifically for track use.

Arcticfox

Wario64 said:
6 player online worked just fine in the GT4 online beta. I have a harder time believing that there could be 20 GTHD quality cars on a track at the same time.

Of course a preview in PSM a few years back said pretty much all these features would be in GT4, so unless all this information came directly from Kaz in the interview I wont believe it until I see it.

Yoboman

womfalcs3 said:
GT5 will show off the greatness of blu-ray... obviously games will do so ahead of it though like MGS4 and FFXIII.
Oh jesus why are you here?

I've seen this guy on other forums. He isn't good news, biggest Sony shill on Earth, ever. EVER. He's like the thousand Sony viral marketers this forum is supposed to have compressed into one person.

Wollan

Normal cars will probably have destroyable bumpers and mirrors while the racing cars can be wrecked I guess.

And there's no way they will be bringing over every car seen in GT4, tracks possibly but not all the cars.

Yoboman said:
That doesn't seem right either way
Well once they have the tools to create a car piece by piece rather than just a single static model, it likely becomes a lot easier to make additional cars. They can likely re-use a tonne of the assets too, and just build the car around some re-used car parts.

I'd imagine it would be harder to make the jump from 200 cars to 500 in regards to modeling their cockpits (for first person view) a lot more than having them all dynamically and realistically damageable.

Yoboman

AlphaSnake said:
The race cars, as in the cars with all of the decals on them prepped specifically for track use.
That's crap if true. So that means damage won't be applied to most of the cars? If I can only smash up a particular type of car, then what's the point?

I'd prefer they only include the cars they can wreck up, at least that sets a regular standard.

Yoboman said:
That's crap if true. So that means damage won't be applied to most of the cars? If I can only smash up a particular type of car, then what's the point?

I'd prefer they only include the cars they can wreck up, at least that sets a regular standard.

I believe its better then nothing isn't it? ...

Also here is your answer:
Damage, which Yamauchi jokingly referred to as "the homework [Polyphony Digital] always forgets to turn in], will be in GT HD at some point, though Yamauchi was careful to point out that different cars may suffer differing levels of damage. To appease manufacturers, the game might feature extensive damage on race-trimmed vehicles, while only minimal or cosmetic damage on the everyday factory street models, but this is all still up in the air at this point.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo5/story.html?sid=6158178

Maybe this interview isn't far off after all

Wollan said:
Normal cars will probably have destroyable bumpers and mirrors while the racing cars can be wrecked I guess.

And there's no way they will be bringing over every car seen in GT4, tracks possibly but not all the cars.

they have plenty of space.. why not?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wollan said:
I'm assuming they would want to recreate them? A GT5 car takes upwards to six months each to create individually.
They can work on 400 cars at the same time ;)

AlphaSnake

Wollan said:
I'm assuming they would want to recreate them? A GT5 car takes upwards to six months each to create individually.

Three months between 5 people from what I've been told personally.

AlphaSnake said:
What's so unbelievable about that? That was the very first thing they did to GT5, bring over all of the existing content before making new content. That aspect of the game is already done.

So has this been confirmed earlier then? Because that's insane if true, almost 800 cars with cockpit views? I salute thee, PD.

Wollan said:

i realized that.. but poly is a pretty big studio.. and I imagine they have no other game in the pipeline...

ThirdEye

Awesome, relentless against Forza :lol

KyanMehwulfe said:
Wasn't there a topic on this French preview, or at least another preview from the same France media blitz, that stated complete dashboard and cockpit modeling for all cars? Yet no inclusion in these note points? ("4 driving views" isn't exactly indicative.) Curious if it's actually confirmed or not.
That's different one, just French TV.

Yoboman

Metalmurphy said:
I believe its better then nothing isn't it? ...

Also here is your answer:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/driving/granturismo5/story.html?sid=6158178

Maybe this interview isn't far off after all
Well that sounds okay. I'd still like there to be race ending damage if you completely mess up, even if it doesn't register visually. And cars need to be able to flip in this one regardless of race car or street models. Even if it doesn't happen much, there needs to be the appropriate physics. Sick of seeing the GT cars so firmly planted to the ground :-\

xaosslug

Wario64 said:

:lol... haha... heh... :|... :(... :'(

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Don't forget: Inside cockpit view confirmed.

(We better have realistic camera shake for that)

YYZ

AlphaSnake said:
Three months between 5 people from what I've been told personally.
What's the size of the team working on GT5?

Car damage, sounds awesome. That and the dashboard view.

LJ11

Yoboman said:
And cars need to be able to flip in this one regardless of race car or street models. Even if it doesn't happen much, there needs to be the appropriate physics.

:lol

You will never see this in any GT game. Manufactures don't want their cars flipping around in a video game.

Anzu

Banned
LJ11 said:
:lol

You will never see this in any GT game. Manufactures don't want their cars flipping around in a video game.

I read somewhere on this forum that they wanted GT4 cars to flip, but the PS2 didn't have enough "juice" to make it happen.

Top Bottom