• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TEKKEN 7 releases June 2nd (PC/XB1/PS4, Season Pass, Eliza, more details)

AAK

@farsir:

Tekken 4: Kazuya is brought back to life by G-Corporation, a rival company to Heihachi's Mishima Corporation. Tournament is held, Heihachi officially wins retaining control of Mishima Zaibatsu and Jin unofficially beats the crap out of both Heihachi and Kazuya after the tournament before sparing their lives thinking it's what his mother would have wanted.

Tekken 5: Heihachi's father Jinpachi is freed from captivity after GCorp attempts to assassinate Heiahcahi by blowing up the building Heihachi was in. Jinpachi starts the new tournament. Jin beats everyone and becomes the new head of Mishima Zaibatsu.

Tekken 6: Jin wants to kill the devil gene inside him and decides to fulfill some prophecy that if the world goes into complete war and chaos a divine beast Azazel will come and wreck havok and hopefully kills the devil gene history. Jin fights and destroys Azazel and disappears. (Post credits Raven discovers his body in the desert somewhere) Meanwhile Kazuya becomes the head of GCorp. Lars was the main character with everything from his perspective and is Heihachi's illegitimate child.

Tekken 7: Heihachi and Kazuya continue their rivalry...

wrongway

Anyone getting this on PC? I hope it's not a ghost town

Not sure. I'm mainly a PC guy so I'd like to get it there, but I'm also worried about the playerbase being small (and maybe tilted towards hardcore/established players). I'm going in as a newbie with limited time, so fast and accurate matchmaking is a pretty big deal to me.

I'll probably end up just getting it on PS4 at launch since I know I'll be too impatient to play the wait and see game. Then maybe I'll double-dip later if there are some fun mods and a reasonable playerbase.

Doomshine

So has it been confirmed if the story mode is like the one in Mortal Kombat and Dead or Alive 5? Because if there's one fighting game out there that would benefit from such a story mode, it's motherfucking Tekken.

Going by one of the loading screens in the latest build, it seems like there's a main story and you unlock sub-stories or character episodes as you play through it.

Tekken 7 - PS4/XB1/PC King VS Heihachi (Character Gameplay)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4mFbVG6iFw

There's a bug in the video lol, look at Heihachi's health bar.

https://youtu.be/b4mFbVG6iFw?t=46

@farsir:

Tekken 4: Kazuya is brought back to life by G-Corporation, a rival company to Heihachi's Mishima Corporation. Tournament is held, Heihachi officially wins retaining control of Mishima Zaibatsu and Jin unofficially beats the crap out of both Heihachi and Kazuya after the tournament before sparing their lives thinking it's what his mother would have wanted.

Tekken 5: Heihachi's father Jinpachi is freed from captivity after GCorp attempts to assassinate Heiahcahi by blowing up the building Heihachi was in. Jinpachi starts the new tournament. Jin beats everyone and becomes the new head of Mishima Zaibatsu.

Tekken 6: Jin wants to kill the devil gene inside him and decides to fulfill some prophecy that if the world goes into complete war and chaos a divine beast Azazel will come and wreck havok and hopefully kills the devil gene history. Jin fights and destroys Azazel and disappears. (Post credits Raven discovers his body in the desert somewhere) Meanwhile Kazuya becomes the head of GCorp. Lars was the main character with everything from his perspective and is Heihachi's illegitimate child.

Tekken 7: Heihachi and Kazuya continue their rivalry...
i have a thread for the story and lore of tekken, sadly it didn't pick up that much steam. might bump it again come june

Baleoce

Anyone getting this on PC? I hope it's not a ghost town

Yeah I'm definitely all in on pc. If only to support the platform. I love bamcos support for it lately, and I want them to see future Tekken and even future soul calibur games as viable on the platform. I hope it does well.

If you get the deluxe edition without preordering, will you be getting the preorder DLC character eventually?
Eliza is only available by preordering for the first 30 days. After that she'll be available as paid DLC but not as part of the deluxe edition.

Doomshine

Yup, I saw it. Hope they'll fix it. The fact that King's combo destroyed the floor and they went to the bottom of the Ruins stage seems to have caused a glitch with Heihachi's health bar. It could be a bottom level glitch.

Oh I'm not worried, it's an old build and it was recorded months ago.

i wonder how they'll handle the story this time around. i figure it'll be a mix of tekken 4's story mode and just some regular cutscenes like scenario campaign.

Dereck

FfpvVUg.gif

fr4gbeS.gif

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Strange costume for Yoshi. Is this supposed to be his true alien form? Or just another wacky custom costume.

Nah, that's his Tekken 7 default slightly recolored. And he's not an alien, he just wears really fancy suits that his scientist pal designs for him.

Nah, that's his Tekken 7 default slightly recolored. And he's not an alien, he just wears really fancy suits that his scientist pal designs for him.

Yoshimitsu's bio in the early games was always "mechanized space ninja". Maybe they've retconned that now, but to me he'll always be a space ninja.

Not too surprised. Pre-rendered videos from the endings will eat up a lot of space.
if that's a thing i'd rather all the cutscenes be in game.

tekken 4's endings while prerendered, were still in game graphics and i feel like they were longer and better than tekken 5's.

I honestly think going by the ESRB description all of the series endings are in the game which is what Gallery is for.

Story mode is another factor.

so it'll be like tekken 6 where character endings are separate from the canon story

I am not so sure about, going by the stream it seems they are intent on wrapping up some characters plotlines. I think they might be canon in the chapters given to them.

No one asked about arcade mode and if that has endings.

Is the Season Pass included in the collectors edition?
At least gameware.at says so.
But there is no mention of it on the picture of the collectors edition.

Edit: Oh, it is included. Overlooked it on the picture.

I am not so sure about, going by the stream it seems they are intent on wrapping up some characters plotlines. I think they might be canon in the chapters given to them.\

No one asked about arcade mode and if that has endings.

ok cool. it would be nice if this time around the individual character endings were canon more often than not.

Yoshimitsu's bio in the early games was always "mechanized space ninja". Maybe they've retconned that now, but to me he'll always be a space ninja.
I've said before but that initially referred to "the void" as his elemental. It's why he warps and splits and such and such. Though it does seem that the team has taken it more literal as the series became goofier over the years (i.e. Paul).

Edit: For instance, imagine it read "Mechanized Fire Ninja". They would give him fire based attacks and maybe over the years make him more demonic and hellish and imply "he's from Hell like Scropionz!"

Santar

Looks like Survival mode is gone and more stuff according to KingJae

https://youtu.be/JbwyXyTrrq0

Will pick it up on PC on a sale later but I'm mainly gonna play the PS4 version, I'll play PC version time to time randomly for abit of fun and modding and all but majority of my time will be playing on PS4 version

Noooo!
You could always count on Tekken having loads of single player content, that was one of the main draws for the series for me and now they're removing survival and possibly ghost mode?! I loved those modes! :(

BigEmil

Noooo!
You could always count on Tekken having loads of single player content, that was one of the main draws for the series for me and now they're removing survival and possibly ghost mode?! I loved those modes! :(
Happening to all fighters lately like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter etc less modes included each time. Maybe because reviews never counts those modes so they don't feel the need to bother with adding them or something dunno

Santar

Happening to all fighters lately like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter etc less modes included each time. Maybe because reviews never counts those modes so they don't feel the need to bother with adding them or something dunno
Actually MK X had survival for the first time in a MK game and Injustice had like 10 or more different single player modes, so Netherrealm is one of the few fighting game devs that are actually adding more single player modes.
Sadly it seems most other devs are concentrating on adding cinematic story modes you only play trough once and online.

Yeah, mentioning MK is odd as they've been rocking it with SP content, even weekly tower challenges. Don't post fake news lol.

7Th

Didn't they say that there will be a story mode in the style of MK and a normal fighting game arcade mode (like in the actual arcades); they might give the arcade mode the wacky endings.

No...

Buy physical game + buy season pass digitally. They're separate purchases, but you don't even save money with the deluxe edition.
i could just buy the pass separate? didn't know that.

honestly i don't really understand what the fuck a season pass is, i thought it only had to do with sports games.

if it's just dlc, why is it being called something else?

Top Bottom