• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Thinking about something more smokey as that's her style. I may end up with an American one called Brimstone. See how much smoke she can handle.

troy-sons-oak-reserve-moonshine-whiskey-north-carolina-usa-10563448.jpg

Your wife will divorce you just to marry you again.

Audioboxer

Irn Bru is best chilled either when hungover, or when washing it down with any meal from the Chip shop.

Diet Irn Bru is garbage. It is a mistake.

Otherwise I'm a Scot who doesn't really drink fizzy drinks. Shocking, I know.

King_Moc

Banned
So Visa and Vodafone are already floating plans to leave and move jobs and as I understand it as soon as Article 50 is invoked every major bank will need to tell shareholders what their relocation plan is if the UK does not agree an acceptable trade deal in 2 years.

Article 50 is a bomb waiting to go off and the UK can't mitigate it because the EU have ruled out pre-negotiating.

Why would the EU even give us a decent deal if they know they can get all these jobs moving to the EU if they only offer us a shit one?

Kordelle

It's incredible that not even one week after this disaster, Juncker says that they don't care if parliaments of EU states are against CETA and that the EU commission alone will decide on it.

That's not how you earn trust, they did not learn anything.

Spaghetti

Why would the EU even give us a decent deal if they know they can get all these jobs moving to the EU if they only offer us a shit one?
Because BELIEVE IN BRITAIN, MOVE ON REMAINERS, ROLL UP OUR SLEEVES, and other platitudes that aren't real answers and completely ignorant to the economic, social, and political realities that Brexit has caused.

I don't think the EU is going to fuck us at negotiation. WE fucked ourselves already by giving up the sweetest of deals among core EU member states.

Kyari

All you require is to know your shit, and you would be thinking of it.

If Scottish Independence is a thing, can I emigrate?

Man, under their previous referendum's proposed criteria (have a parent or grandparent you can prove was born in Scotland) I am solid and fully intend to do so.

Corto

For what is worth I think it will be a decent fair deal. It will hurt both sides, but they'll try to make the best out of this mess. UK will get the shorter end of the stick though. Most of the promises made by Leave campaign won't come to fruition, or if indeed they are, then it will be a horrible unfair deal.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
It's incredible that not even one week after this disaster, Juncker says that they don't care if parliaments of EU states are against CETA and that the EU commission alone will decide on it.

That's not how you earn trust, they did not learn anything.
Is supporting CETA a controversial issue?

Biggzy

For what is worth I think it will be a decent fair deal. It will hurt both sides, but they'll try to make the best out of this mess. UK will get the shorter end of the stick though. Most of the promises made by Leave campaign won't come to fruition, or if indeed they are, then it will be a horrible unfair deal.

Access to the single market requires a country to accept the 'four pillars.' It is not a harsh deal or a fair deal, but the only deal, otherwise you start to not have a single market. It is not the EU's problem that the leave camp ran on a ticket to control migration and take back control of law making, that is the leave camp's issue.

So no one has an idea for a reasonable time frame for who the next PM is and when article 50 is triggered?

Kicking the can down the road.

Hasney

Access to the single market requires a country to accept the 'four pillars.' It is not a harsh deal or a fair deal, but the only deal, otherwise you start to not have a single market. It is not the EU's problem that the leave camp ran on a ticket to control migration and take back control of law making, that is the leave camp's issue.

It's not a bad deal
It's not a good deal
It's THE deal

tumblr_nk975yLkc41srbyoyo1_500.gif

Faddy

Banned

The EU has the power but they can't overplay their hand because if they fuck the UK (and specifically London) there will be a recession across Europe which will give rise to right wing parties and possibly the destruction of the EU.

That scenario does seem outlandish but remember we are in a post-fact world.

Hazzuh

British politics in 2016 :(

Just rather a Swedish TV interview with their EU minister about Brexit. Basic question: what would Brexit look like?

And the only evidence they have of what the UK wants is Boris's Telegraph article. So they discuss, on national TV, how nonsensical it is.

So yeah, it's very funny that Boris was tired and made a hash of it.

But this is what another EU member state - one of the states most sympathetic to us - is starting to think of us.

This is how we become a laughing stock.

https://twitter.com/ProfChalmers/status/747937818463318017
https://twitter.com/ProfChalmers/status/747938032595144704
https://twitter.com/ProfChalmers/status/747938348560433152
https://twitter.com/ProfChalmers/status/747938683131666432
https://twitter.com/ProfChalmers/status/747938779688738816

SuperSah

Banned
My ideal UK deal would be the following:

1) Access to single market
2) Ability to make our own laws and not be bound by EU at all
3) Contribute in all major debates and decisions
4) KICK THEM IMMIGRANTS OUT
5) Free movement? Forget that

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Sure, sounds super realistic.

Izuna

Banned

You can't have 1) with the rest.

Biggzy

Is that you Farage?

You forgot that Wales, Cornwall keep receiving EU funds. I don't think the EU has a right to stop funding, it would be undemocratic!

Corto

You can have 1 (deal A), or 2, 4 and 5 (deal B God Help You). UK waived 3 out of the window with the referendum. Choose wisely.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member

6) Wake up

Spaghetti

There are parts of the electorate who think this could actually happen.

God help us.

Here's a deal. Somebody build a time machine out of coconuts. Go back to the point where camaeron was mulling over putting an EU rem into an election manifesto promise.

Kick him in the balls and say no.

I think the above is imminently more achieveable then any deal leave voters want.

Can only see this getting a hell of of alot worse before it gets any better.
I would also like to have a vote for "if you voted and then changed your mind the next day, you get a kick in the fucking head for being a stupid bastard"
im also embarrassed to be known as English at this point, time to cash in my Irish heritage.

Bring back the monarchy, the great unwashed cant be trusted with this kind of shit, thats all I can see for this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom