• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Damn, hope that's not the case since Suez is getting bad impressions too and with the terrible beta map that would mean the game I only launching with 5 good maps :/

Bf4's vanilla maps were surprisingly great I thought.

Every stream I have watched, the player is always raving about how great the forest map is. They poster in this thread that called it awful is the first person I have seen to have a negative opionion about it.

I think it looks amazing. I love the classic 3 lane layout.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Rush maps in 3 and 4 were both awful because they were designed with cq first and rush as an after thought. Only bf game I've played with good rush maps was BC2 and that's because the maps were designed with rush in mind.
I thought BF3 had passable Rush maps but the mode is borderline unplayable in 4.

Anyone know when reviews are out?
I'm pretty much nailed on to get this Friday but I'd like to see some critical opinion esp on SP before pulling the trigger.

OléGunner;220337281 said:
I'm pretty much nailed on to get this Friday but I'd like to see some critical opinion esp on SP before pulling the trigger.
I heard today or tomorrow. However there has been a review already by Gadgets 360. The score was 9/10.

Every stream I have watched, the player is always raving about how great the forest map is. They poster in this thread that called it awful is the first person I have seen to have a negative opionion about it.

I think it looks amazing. I love the classic 3 lane layout.

Argonne Forest is amazing.

Plus half my team mates seem to not be aware of the gas mask's existence.

How do I press T?

There is literally a gas mask icon with a T next to it. Some people need to be spoon fed everything I guess.

Twinsen343

This turns my stomach. Just flat out the most offensive game I've ever seen.

I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of British and European history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Europe, held the minutes silence without fail every rememberence day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim.

This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

How fucking dare anyone make a game like this about the First World War.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.

Wow no words... No words at all.

SZips

I am beyond happy that I pushed this release to the back of my mind for a while. Having the release sneak up on me is awesome. Can't wait to play it tomorrow.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
OléGunner;220337281 said:

Depends. Actual reviews under embargo will lift today, but I gather, a lot of outlets (including us) are waiting to play on real world servers before basing an actual score. Unless sites post the scored review now and are basing the MP on the review event.

Can anyone whose played it comment on the length of the single player? It looks super short to me which is kinda disappointing.

Typical military FPS campaign length. I can share more once embargo lifts. :)

Bishop89

great OT

cant wait to conquest the shit out of this game,

dont have any expectations with the campaign considering there has never really been a good bf campaign (yes Bad company included). But at least it visually looks amazing.

The maps look cool as

Tenck

I've probably crawled a mile so far, and I don't see that stopping. So many scout players it's both funny and annoying. I've got to play super careful because if I give my location away for a few seconds, I hear bullets flying past me.

i have a $20 EA gift card that's already on my account but during checkout the option to apply it doesn't appear.. anyone ever pay for an order using both the gift card and a credit on origin?

Jb

Well I'm a sucker, I got the early enlister edition instead of just waiting three more days to pay $20 less -_-

I tried searching for what exactly the "items inspired by the Red Baron and Lawrence of Arabia" are but couldn't find them on the official website. Did they not release pictures or footage of that stuff?

Machina

Banned

I can name family members that died in this conflict, wept at the pictures and accounts of the dead and maimed that experienced this hell, was taught all the horrors of it from primary school, through my whole life, it's only ever been a symbol of the folly of war, the worst, most black and shameful era of British and European history. I've been to the actual battlefields and mass graves across Europe, held the minutes silence without fail every rememberence day my entire life, for as long as I could understand the meaning of it.

There was no glory in this war. No thrilling action or daring do, no heroes and villains, this was mass murder, a scar on the history of our species, and every single person involved in it was a victim.

This trailer, the entire concept of this game, makes me feel physically sick, and just so fucking angry.

I don't know what's worse, the sick fucking emotionless, greedy cunts that would seriously exploit this horror of an industrialised massacre, or the ignorant, soulless bastards that will give them money and enjoy it.

Anyone involved in this, or seriously think of buying this, should be ashamed of themselves.

I honestly thought this was a copy pasta, but then the context seemed way too left field.

Dude, those soldiers have been dead for over a century. The dust of their bones doesn't give a shit about Battlefield. Chill.

jediyoshi

I honestly thought this was a copy pasta, but then the context seemed way too left field.

Dude, those soldiers have been dead for over a century. The dust of their bones doesn't give a shit about Battlefield. Chill.

Your first instinct was correct.

Barakov

Gold Member

Well joked, my friend.

Top Bottom