• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Getting the same vibe of that happening as well....

I dunno what's going on, but I was able to scoop up some more ARK below $3 so I can't complain.

This is so weird with these weird little flash crashes over the last 2 weeks. I haven't been in this game long enough to know if this occurs all of the time, but it can be crazy.

I also picked up some ARK below $3, I was hoping we would of stayed there for a bit so I could get some more since I don't feel like I bought enough.

Do you guys have any thoughts on PIVX and if it is worth holding on to long term? There are so many privacy coins out there, but this one tends to come up on peoples lists for ones to watch out for.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
This is so weird with these weird little flash crashes over the last 2 weeks. I haven't been in this game long enough to know if this occurs all of the time, but it can be crazy.

I also picked up some ARK below $3, I was hoping we would of stayed there for a bit so I could get some more since I don't feel like I bought enough.

Do you guys have any thoughts on PIVX and if it is worth holding on to long term? There are so many privacy coins out there, but this one tends to come up on peoples lists for ones to watch out for.

I don't know about PIVX, but I think that NAV at under a dollar is a great buy. That's half off its ATH and I think it'll get there again before long.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, I only hope that market goes down on Saturday, because I will spend whole Friday in hospital. My knee arthroscopy is scheduled for Friday and I need to be in hospital at 6:30 am. When I will go home, God knows....

Brandson

I'm glad the CEO of the bank I'm banking with thinks I'm a murderer, drug dealer, and other things.

What is so bizarre about Dimon's quotes is that his bank is a leader in blockchain development among financial institutions. Bitcoin and blockchain are not the same thing, but his comments show a lack of understanding of the relationship Bitcoin has to Ethereum and JPMorgan's Quorum, and also a lack of respect for his own teams which are by all accounts first-rate. I'm sure there are a lot of confused, and possibly pissed off, developers at JPMorgan today. Attracting more blockchain talent to JPM with Dimon at the helm just got a lot harder.

The blockchain lead at JPM was just named to Fortune's top 40 under 40, together with Vitalik Buterin of Ethereum. Maybe he is upset that she is getting too famous and this is his way of showing it.

Even if he's trying to tank Bitcoin's value to boost Ethereum, those comments still don't make sense, since Ether's price is directly correlated to Bitcoin's. I think ultimately the only conclusion we can draw from his comments is he has embarrassed himself and shown that he doesn't understand the future of his own business very well.

Cipherr

I'm never purchasing anything via ACH again. This shit is taking forever. Meanwhile the market is bouncing up and down...

Takes a week for me, how long for yours? I mean, its free thats the thing. And its the only way to put larger amounts of fiat into the system. Bank wires take about as long, yet will cost you $10 to $20.

I don't really feel like the problem is the time. It's the volatility of the market. It's not easy to find a 7 day period in Crypto where something (or many things) aren't soaring to the moon leaving you missing gains or crashing to the ground leaving you missing buy opportunities. Bitcoin was $3352.70 on the 8th of August, 7 days later $4428.15 on Aug 15th.

Imagine watching that climb as you wait your 7 days for ACH xfer
qxpuKL5.png

vehn

Gdax bank wire is same business day. Just costs tiny bit, and if u make a mistake with putting in info. .. could be bad

Cipherr

Gdax bank wire is same business day. Just costs tiny bit, and if u make a mistake with putting in info. .. could be bad

Wow you are right, it does take 1 bday according to the site. I don't know why I internalized a week. Probably because I knew there's no way I wanted to travel to my bank to do the wires. I think you have to make a physical visit to my bank in order to arrange to send a wire. No way Im doing that once a week to ferry money into the market.

Have not posted in this thread before but found this and thought you folks might be interested. Am sure you already know but here you go anyway.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2017/09/12/cryptocurrency-china-initial-coin-offerings/%3fsource=dam

China’s move last week to ban initial coin offerings (ICO) has caused chaos among start-ups looking to raise money through the novel fund-raising scheme, prompting halts, about-turns and re-thinks.

China is cracking down on fundraising through launches of token-based digital currencies, targeting ICOs in a market that has ballooned this year in what has been a bonanza for digital currency entrepreneurs.

vehn

Wow you are right, it does take 1 bday according to the site. I don't know why I internalized a week. Probably because I knew there's no way I wanted to travel to my bank to do the wires. I think you have to make a physical visit to my bank in order to arrange to send a wire. No way Im doing that once a week to ferry money into the market.

My bank, USAA, u can do it by internet for wires less than 10k... or through phone for wires more than 10k. Not too bad.

Donos

Hope nobody here has any DNT anymore. That token is nearing 1000 sats and seems pretty dead in the water for now. Let's see if it can recover out of that hole.

If you still want some, it's rather cheap now compared to ATH :)

ARK just clawed itself back over 3 €.

Bauer24

I was also thinking of buying some Nav coin but they don't seem to bring anything different or new to the table. Monero already does the same thing and is a more established brand.

Anyone here bought any wtc?

The Rizza

Hope nobody here has any DNT anymore. That token is nearing 1000 sats and seems pretty dead in the water for now. Let's see if it can recover out of that hole.

If you still want some, it's rather cheap now compared to ATH :)

ARK just clawed itself back over 3 €.

I sadly have some DNT, was just trying to ride the swing up and didn't cash out at the right time. So low right now, I'm just holding it until it goes back up

gaming_noob

XBY (Xtrabytes) will be added to 2 new exchanges "soon". It's like 1.9 cents right now.
I got nearly 59,000 for about $1400 last week lol. No Bittrex yet.

Cipherr

My bank, USAA, u can do it by internet for wires less than 10k... or through phone for wires more than 10k. Not too bad.

FML. I had BOA try and burn me horribly a decade or so ago during the midst of the financial crisis and we moved all our business to a smaller local chain of banks. Two total. Im missing the convenience of large chains right now. Our bank requires all wires to take a physical visit.
mjcry1.png

XBY (Xtrabytes) will be added to 2 new exchanges "soon". It's like 1.9 cents right now.
I got nearly 59,000 for about $1400 last week lol. No Bittrex yet.

They have a vote on their slack for 2 exchanges to add next. The leaders being BTER and Nova. Neither are particularly high volume exchanges. I wouldnt expect much of a price bump off of the addition of those two. I could be wrong though; but I decided against putting money in it. XBY is however down over the last few weeks and is probably due for a bump of some kind.

Laieon

What's the easiest way to jump into Ark? I just started with Crypto in general last week, so my knowledge is pretty much limited to Coinbase, Bitfinix, and GDAX.

tzare

What's the easiest way to jump into Ark? I just started with Crypto in general last week, so my knowledge is pretty much limited to Coinbase, Bitfinix, and GDAX.

i sent my BTC from Coinbase to Bittrex and bought it from there, then transferred to ark wallet . Not bought many, but nice to si them going up and compensating the decline for LTC and ETH.
If i had known i had bought BTC on GDAX instead of Coinbase, seems than had been a better deal with lower fees.

gaming_noob

ACES and eventually Binance will probably add this coin in their exchange. Binance will be adding 5 new coins each month (?) so next 2 months tops we can expect it to be added

Donos

True, though having seen some of it I don't think it will disappoint. :)

Hope so. Have 700 ARK myself.

Not a friend of Binance atm. Can't withdraw anything since i don't get the email I'm supposed to confirm. No response from support yet... Have 200€ of ETH there which i wanted to change into ARK at Bittrex when it still was at 2.70€...

pieface

Hope so. Have 700 ARK myself.

Not a friend of Binance atm. Can't withdraw anything since i don't get the email I'm supposed to confirm. No response from support yet... Have 200€ of ETH there which i wanted to change into ARK at Bittrex when it still was at 2.70€...

Nice stack :)

Here's to hoping we can go to $10 / $20 in the next few months. That would be pretty crazy :)

Top Bottom