• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free games on Xbox Live if you go Oman

Lima

Alright you want some free games? It is time to go to Oman then.

But wait before we start. What can you get for free you ask?

GoD
Dark
Sherlock Holmes: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes (PAL)

Arcade
Bloodforge
Capsized
Diabolical Pitch
Dragons Lair
Dungeon Fighters LIVE: Fall of Hendon Myre
Flashback
Ikaruga
Mars: War Logs
Sonic Adventure
Unbound Saga
WRC Powerslide

DLC
Alien Spidy DLC
Hitman: Absolution Contracts Pass
Injustice – Classic Ares
Injusice – Containment Suit Doomsday
Injustice – Cyborg Superman
Injustice – Flashpoint Batman
Metro Last Light Faction Pack
Painkiller Hell & Damnation: Clock Strikes At Meat Night
Painkiller Hell & Damnation: Full Metal Rocket
Painkiller Hell & Damnation: Medieval Horror
Saint’s Row IV Season Pass
Saint’s Row IV Executive Privilege Pack

Okay you in? You in!

On your PC
1. Go here to make a new profile on your PC
2. Important steps here: Click on I already have an email and put in some weird shit, just remember to write it down. Same thing goes for the security question.
Obviously choose Oman.
3. Now you get to xbox.com, choose Oman again and create the account.
4. Time to head to your Xbox

On your Xbox
1. With no profile signed in, choose download profile from the guide
2. Put in the email address and password for your account
3. You need to select an avatar. If it asks you for more security shit just hit B to cancel
4. You are ready to go

Now read carefully
1. Click on Recent on your dashboard
2. Select one of your recent games and press X to bring up game details
3. Now you should be able to press Y to bring up search.
4. Now just search for the games/items from the list above for what you want
5. Download them for free and enjoy

RotBot

Just tried. Oman has a completely empty marketplace now. Can't see any games.

Edit: Never mind. That's just the web site. I haven't tried on my Xbox yet.

Lima

Just tried. Oman has a completely empty marketplace now. Can't see any games.

It doesn't even have a marketplace to begin with. Did you follow my instructions? I'm still on it and downloading games. This works.

Can you then play these games on your main account? Also isn't this risking a XBL ban?

Yes you can. Even the SR4 Season pass works on your main account. No XBL ban.

Khezu

The Injustice DLC is "compatibility" skins, they are always free.

Flashpoint Batman, Luchador Bane, Containment Suit Doomsday, Classic Ares, Green Lantern John Stewart, and Cyborg Superman.

Now read carefully
1. Click on Recent on your dashboard
2. Select one of your recent games and press X to bring up game details
3. Now you should be able to press Y to bring up search.
4. Now just search for the games/items from the list above for what you want
5. Download them for free and enjoy

This is where it stops for me. Brings up error saying Xbox service is down, 8C15000C

oh-man-oh-god-o.gif

Gamejunky

Yes you can. Even the SR4 Season pass works on your main account. No XBL ban.

Forgive my skepticism but, how do you know for sure no XBL ban? Just paranoid because my main account has 200+ arcade games and it would be horrible to lose them all over a ban.

Lima

Forgive my skepticism but, how do you know for sure no XBL ban? Just paranoid because my main account has 200+ arcade games and it would be horrible to lose them all over a ban.

Because we had these MS fuckups all the damn time this year. Just yesterday we had it with Injustice for free in Costa Rica. Nobody has been banned for this.

Tizoc

I am baffled...how the fuck we have a freakin XBL store, but no PSN Store or even Plus?
Decent selection of games though.

Lima

I am baffled...how the fuck we have a freakin XBL store, but no PSN Store or even Plus?
Decent selection of games though.

There is no Xbox Live store, Oman doesn't even have Xbox Live officially. I don't know how this is possible really, I just read it on a German site and wanted to share it.

Tizoc

Testament of SH is a decent Point n' Click adventure game, though the PS3 ver. I played had frame rate issues but I don't know about 360 ver.
Do-able 100%/Platinum though.

...but holy shit at SR4 Season Pass lol.

There is no Xbox Live store, Oman doesn't even have Xbox Live officially. I don't know how this is possible really, I just read it on a German site and wanted to share it.

Ah I see, as is I assume it's prob. a glitch with XBL?

Lima

What about injustice?

It was included but sadly doesn't seem to work anymore. Wait seems there still is a way. Gonna try it and report back.

Okay it works.

Sign out of your Oman profile. Go to settings and set your locale to Austria. Now on the main tab there should be a huge FIFA 14 tile and a smaller tile with a Batman picture. Click on it. Now press the guide button and sign back in with your Oman profile. Now click on Injustice and download for free.

chupon

The only way I was able to get Injustice was to log in as a valid account, change console region to Austria. Go to live tile for WB sale. Log out, log in as oman account and bring up Injustice, then it shows up.

fantomena

Dammit, I reached my Microsoft account creation limit. Would be cool if someone made a dummy account. I only want Bloodforge, maybe flashback and Ikaruga too. But mostly Bloodforge.

Not really anything good there, but I went ahead and did this anyway! Grabbed everything I didn't already have (Like I'd ever want to play Dragon's Lair again).Worked a treat.

Thank you very much Lima :)

Lazaro

Mass Effect 2 - Blood Dragon Armour is downloadable unless its already free?

EDIT: Sniper GW 2 dlc seems downloadable

EGOMON

lol i am from Oman i never knew about this, also most of the 360 here are hacked and 90% of gamers plays PS3 but good to know gotta tell my friends

Top Bottom