• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Holiday BOMBA: Playstation AllStars Charts 38th Week 1 UK

Seemed reasonably significant seeing as Sony seemed to be gearing up for this to be a flagship title this holiday:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-26-uk-chart-cod-black-ops-2-holds-off-hitman-absolution
Hitman: Absolution has been held from the top spot in this week's UK all-formats chart. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 continued its reign on top despite an 87 per cent drop in sales from last week.

Absolution can console itself with earning the best opening week sales of any game in the series to date. It beat the previous best (2006's Hitman: Blood Money) by a factor of three.

A cavalcade of other new releases last week was headlined by the excellent Lego Lord of the Rings, which debuted in sixth place - behind chart stalwarts FIFA 13, Assassin's Creed 3 and Halo 4.

Other new releases fared less well. Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two flopped into the chart in 34th place, ahead of Activision's Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse in 35th.

Lower still was Sony's Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale, placed in 38th.

It was out sold by games such as Mario Kart 7; BLOPS Declassified; Angry Birds and 007 Legends amongst many.

It failed to chart for individual formats.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Not surprising to be honest, will get my copy today and hope it's fun on Vita.

Shame really, i loved the beta but there has been no real marketing push for it anywhere plus with the timing of its release its not too surprising. I'm holding off it until christmas now with the Wii U hitting this week.

Xater

Saw that coming just looking at Amazon pre-order rankings. It's a fun game that has no traction at all in the mainstream. I really question Sony's holiday line-up and even more how they marketed it.

Aaron

I didn't expect it to do fantastically, but that's worse than I'd expected. A good bit worse.
It's a Smash clone with a bizarre scoring system and characters no one gives a shit about... except for Radec, of course. He was awesome as all the enemies of Killzone ever.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Always knew it would bomb. In the real world nobody gives a shit about these characters. The game being rubbish didn't help.

Not surprising considering UK is Xbox land. Also, why are we making separate threads for specific releases? Trolling?

Not everyone reads those specific threads.
Yet this seems worth discussion amongst those not drawn to sales threads.

Specific system/game sales threads are nothing new.
Certainly not trolling.

Krabboss

It was out sold by games such as... BLOPS Declassified; Angry Birds and 007 Legends amongst many.

qybzb.jpg

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I didn't buy it as I had zero interest in it so I could see why others did the same. It seemed like a commercial failure from the day it was announced. Still, I may give it a chance.

Honestly, I am not surprised that it didn't sell to well. Seemed like a fun game also. Times are changing unfortunately in the industry.

Massa

It's a Smash clone with a bizarre scoring system and characters no one gives a shit about... except for Radec, of course. He was awesome as all the enemies of Killzone ever.

Radec is there to represent the Helghast, which are iconic whether you like them or not.

El-Suave

I've already posted that I don't know how this game and the likes of Twisted Metal and Starhawk were greenlighted. I could have added LBP karting to the list, but I guess that one salvaged Mod Nation racers.

In its current state Sony can't have games that only one of its markets may be interested in (if at all).

These were all accidents waiting to happen. Sad how Sony doesn't seem to know its core audience. How about another multiplayer focussed FPS for next year?

Kurod

Banned
Playstation mascot fighter sells badly in region known for poor Playstation sales. Everyone, get your lotion and tissues ready.

Sure, and the hype has been cooler than the Irish Sea, but it's also a console exclusive, arguably their big title of the Fall.
Good bit of TV advertising too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Probably not because of the character selection.

I mean, they got all the classics like Crash Bandicoot, Cloud, Spyro, Alucard, right? Right.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Playstation mascot fighter sells badly in region known for poor Playstation sales. Everyone, get your lotion and tissues ready.

I thought the Playstation sold very well here. Better than the Nintendo 64 at least.

OMG Aero

They really should have attached their bigger names to it if they wanted to game to sell well.

Radec and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale would have sold way better.

Not surprising considering UK is Xbox land. Also, why are we making separate threads for specific releases? Trolling?

Well it's a significant game that Sony seem to be pushing.

Notice that no thread was made for Fable: The Journey for example, even though that game bombed both critically and commercially because no-one cares about it. Was there even an OT for that game or did everyone pretend it didn't exist?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sony pinning its holiday hopes on this, LBP Karting (dropped like a rock and is now nowhere to be seen on the all formats chart) and Wonderbook (enjoyed a slight bump up to #20 and may continue to sell at a steady if slow clip) has always struck me as a strange move.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They really should have attached their bigger names to it if they wanted to game to sell well.

Radec and Playstation All Stars Battle Royale would have sold way better.

Don't worry, The Gravity Rush DLC is the thing that will push it over the edge. And the dude from Starhawk too! Playstation classics.

It might be a slow seller due to good word of mouth. But it's a new IP and an out of nowhere gameplay style.

I also expect it to be free on PS+ sometime next year lol.

Bruno MB

This game had bomba written all over it, although it is true that it has managed to do even way worse than I expected.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I want to see US NPD for comparisons sake, but honestly I never believed in this title. Many playstation characters are not iconic to the younger kids out there (except for Kratos). I just don't see a lot of people caring about a brawler with characters they don't know, in the veins of SSB but with a weirder scoring system

piteru

Banned
So a non-nintendo doom thread for today?that's a first!
On topic ,here in Greece the ads are non existence.where I work(biggest media markt) we have tons of ads for wonderbook(along with a couple of incoming events) and ads for FIFA/nfsmw/cod/ac for vita.only the hardcore Sony fans here in greece will buy the game.all they ask me is where is pes 13.tragic :/

Top Bottom