• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT| Here We Go Again

BLCKATK

Just running publics imo is not a good end game strategy....it needs something substantial. Plus bungie has not shown the ability to make changes that are needed very fast at all. Lost sectors def should be used more, and maybe adventures.

Well atleast there is actually a roadmap with content on it this time around. We know what September is bringing. Faction Rally will probably some kind of scoring event with reward for high scores or good times, something of the sort, and Iron Banner in October will the PvP event for that. If November brings something like Heroic Strikes back into the game with Strike loot tables (one can dream) and December is DLC, that's looking pretty fresh to me.

Well atleast there is actually a roadmap with content on it this time around. We know what September is bringing. Faction Rally will probably some kind of scoring event with reward for high scores or good times, something of the sort, and Iron Banner in October will the PvP event for that. If November brings something like Heroic Strikes back into the game with Strike loot tables (one can dream) and December is DLC, that's looking pretty fresh to me.

If you don't PVP it's a pretty embarassing end game plan imo. There is really not much to doi and the game makes it too easy now to get exotics/legendaries.

ramyeon

So then to clarify, if one wanted to power level, part of that involves 20 hours of slowly grinding out blues? I just keep getting the impression from posts here/reddit that people are grinding out 280+ in like, 15 hours including campaign, and I've sat here grinding blues from heroic events for like 8 hours and barely moved.
I don't know what you're doing wrong, it didn't take that long for me. But I also didn't wait until 259 to turn in tokens either.

Now 282 for whatever it's worth.

DerpHause

I don't know what you're doing wrong, it didn't take that long for me. But I also didn't wait until 259 to turn in tokens either.

Now 282 for whatever it's worth.

Same. I was cashing in tokens quite often, especially in the EDZ after doing all the adventures and other missions there and frequently picking up public events along the way as well.

Question though: I read that doing the daily challenges on all worlds in a day gave a powerful engram, is that correct?

BLCKATK

If you don't PVP it's a pretty embarassing end game plan imo. There is really not much to doi and the game makes it too easy now to get exotics/legendaries.

Embarrassing? Honestly I can't think of a game in genre that is delivering an endgame package that is actually larger than this right now. Especially because the majority of people that play the game are gonna wade in the 250-290 range for awhile doing the activities planned out while the hardcore place themselves in Trials of the Nine and Leviathan every week. As the months go on Leviathan will receive new difficulties which will add to the weekly tasks, and we for sure know that is coming. The new weekly activities will either break up or add to the grind you are already on. And if you get bored, you put the game down till December when the first DLC hits, and boom, you are back again devoting your gaming hours to the grind.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's too much content or anything, I'm more saying that stuff has been shown to be on the way for the next month or so and with a DLC in the December, I think people are going to be playing Destiny 2 all season.

Landford

Banned
Question about the raid from an absolute Destiny noob: What power level is recommended? Is there a nice story in it or its just running and shooting and boss at the end? How many people needed?

Mobius 1

What’s up with this fucking custom installer nonsense? Why can’t Bungie follow standards and have a normal download package that happen in the background like every other bloody title out there?

RetroMG

I just had the perfect Destiny moment.

I finished the campaign, a stirring story that took me to hell and back and explained what it means to be a Guardian in ways that the first game never even attempted. And in the end, they handed me a glowing exotic engram.

...which decrypted into a duplicate of the one exotic I already had.

Because Destiny is still Destiny.

Wallach

I finished the campaign, a stirring story that took me to hell and back and explained what it means to be a Guardian in ways that the first game never even attempted. And in the end, they handed me a glowing exotic engram.

become legend(ary shards), guardian

You can get gear from the chests. I got a cloak after the
War Beast encounter

Yeah, I know it's possible, but it's not very likely, either - I think our group got 3 legendary drops from the first two encounters. I know you could only get shards from encounter previously, but either my group was terribly unlucky or they've decided to make the raid rewards 25% drops - 75% reputation engrams

I suppose there's no win-win situation for exotic drops, but place me in the camp that wishes they would tweak it just a bit so that they'd drop less often. Other than that, I'm having a blast with this game.

Yeah I have gotten 4 pairs of sunbracers. I am a stormcaller.

Destiny 2 |OT 2| Because Destiny is Still Destiny

Side note: Made it to 300 light this morning. Jumped into the raid and killed all the
legionaires
or whatever and went inside snooping around because I had to work tonight. Needed sleep but not before a peek. Place looks fantastic.

Funnily enough my warlock chest piece looks like it came from the raid.
Its very egyptian looking and has black and gold shaders where the metallic neck and waist pieces are the gold.
. I fit right into the place!

Pic link if anyone is interested. Theres also a clip of the entry area and inside the first raid structure if anyone wants to see. I know there are full raid youtube vids but eh.

https://account.xbox.com/en-us/scre...ncy&scid=d1adc8aa-0a31-4407-90f2-7e9b54b0347c

DerpHause

I suppose there's no win-win situation for exotic drops, but place me in the came that wishes they would tweak it just a bit so that they'd drop less often. Other than that, I'm having a blast with this game.

Nooooooooooo.

I have another 6 or so that I want to try. Nerf rates after I get them.

as a Warlock main this time around, I'm ashamed to call Ikora my Vanguard mentor.

She laments how useless she's been
She's afraid to die
She is quick to stop Hawthorne from joining the fight just because she's not a Guardian
She has otherwise always seemed incredibly self assured to the point of being arrogant, and now when the chips are down, her true colors clearly show

It is known. Warlocks are cowards.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
as a Warlock main this time around, I'm ashamed to call Ikora my Vanguard mentor.

She laments how useless she's been
She's afraid to die
She is quick to stop Hawthorne from joining the fight just because she's not a Guardian
She has otherwise always seemed incredibly self assured to the point of being arrogant, and now when the chips are down, her true colors clearly show

It is known. Warlocks are cowards.

I Liked that I disliked her. Kind of unique for a game character

Destiny 2 |OT 2| I got 99 exotics and they're all the same one.

or...

Destiny 2 |OT2| I got 99 exotics and Skyburner's ain't one.

I dunno if there are rules to these suggestions lol.

Top Bottom