• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 next patch first details - 1.05 (PC), 1.04 (console)

bombshell

Credits to henhowc: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=165913313&postcount=373

Warning: Mild quest spoilers.

Posted by CDPR Community Lead Marcin Momot in the official forums.

Hi everyone,

As you know we don't stop working to keep bringing you new updates - I just wanted to give you a heads-up of what to expect in the upcoming patch. The list below is a part of the change log for the 1.04/1.05. There will be a lot more fixes on the way - here's the breakdown of the most requested changes:

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
General stability and performance improvements
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
Improved camera smoothness
Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.

The XP fix is coming as well. As mentioned, it's just a part of the changes. I will add it though to the original post though. We are looking into the frame rate issues on PS4 as well.

Just like I said, this is only a part of the changes from the upcoming update. We are working to squeeze in a lot more in the next patch.

Source: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-changes-coming-in-the-next-patch-(1-04-1-05)

Putting the most important update at the top. Glad to see it finally come.

Lol damn, and I just went through the trouble of editing the input.ini to add a 3 second delay to ignite and extinguish candles

Glad to hear they are committed to patching this game tho. Wonder if we'll get XP refunds for the bug

GavinUK86

Trying to loot a chest when a torch was above it was such a huge pain in the arse.

Glad they've sorted that out.

Wonder if we'll get XP refunds for the bug

No. They've said that that won't happen. The XP lost doesn't impact the game too much apparently.

Sajjaja

"Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements. "

Halle-fucking lujah.
Don't you like having candle lit conversations with NPCs? And then promptly blowing it out before they say anything? And then lighting it up again?

"We are looking into the frame rate issues on PS4 as well."

Does this mean the framerate issues will be squeezed in, or will we have to wait for the patch after the upcoming one?

Doesn't really say that it's in :(

Great. Hope CDPR will eventually be able to achieve steady 30fps on consoles. Such a great game, but the framerate breaks the immersion sometimes.

Sayers

Being able to ignite any candle was a cute trick for about 5 minutes. Now it's just a pain in the ass. Glad they are addressing it.

TMC

Still nothing about the 'Dirty Funds' quest. Not a huge deal I guess, but would be nice to get rid of it from my list of available quests.

Great. Hope CDPR will eventually be able to achieve steady 30fps on consoles. Such a great game, but the framerate breaks the immersion sometimes.

Yeah, it's totally throwing me off, but actually, I'm also equally bothered by pop-in of NPCs, and some texture loading that happens. Never noticed this when I first played, but it seems more apparent now. This equally needs to be addressed.

eshwaaz

I hope the "significantly enlarged GUI and HUD elements" are optional. They're just fine for me (PS4) and I don't want the HUD elements I have active taking up any more screen space.

Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
The XP fix is coming as well. As mentioned, it's just a part of the changes. I will add it though to the original post though. We are looking into the frame rate issues on PS4 as well.
Welp that fixes a bunch of my biggest peeves right there! Yay CDPR!

Pachimari

Is there a chance they'll "fix" the controls, so that you can cancel Geralt's running animation immediately when you want to stop running?

bombshell

What was the issue with the Pyres of Novigrad quest other than the XP? I didn't notice anything unusual?

That's the one where you follow Triss around, right? There is a bug with a hidden door that in some cases won't open, effectively making you unable to progress in the game.

BouncyFrag

Camera smoothness is the biggie for me and I hope the patch fixes this. Other than that, I'm happy with the game. I did have to walk around a bit to open a chest since I was turning on/off a candle beside it. It was mildly exaserbating since Geralt is finicky about interacting with objects, lol.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone explain to me what exactly Microsoft and Sony do during certifying a patch? Are they looking for bugs or something? And wouldn't the developer be doing that?

robb_w7

Banned
"Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest"

Took me ages to beat this, now i know why lol

JJKillaNOLE

Neo Member
Has anyone run into a glitch where after clearing out an abandoned site it doesn't trigger the liberating cut-scene? This has happened to me in the White Orchard starting area. Is there a fix or a way I can trigger it? Thanks

As long as the "fixes issues that prevents Geralt from talking/interacting with certain NPC's" shit applies to near end game stuff where certain big npcs wont talk to you, then that's all I needed CDPR.

Vashetti

Banned
Can someone explain to me what exactly Microsoft and Sony do during certifying a patch? Are they looking for bugs or something? And wouldn't the developer be doing that?

Basically they're making sure it doesn't break the game or brick people's consoles.

Mohonky

"Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements. "

Halle-fucking lujah.

Good, god thats fucking annoying. Geralt is in general really picky about where he stands and looks to perform A button actions in general though.

bender

What time is it?
No fixes for:

-Don't Play with the Gods Treasure Hunt
-PS4 random crash issue
-Camera getting stuck zoomed into Geralt after swimming/fighting flying creatures
-Roach's common tendency to stop/slow down randomly making him a chore to use
-Long load times loading saves/switching areas
-Unforgiving fall damage

:(

Mostly making sure they adhere to platform standards. They don't want game or system corrupting issues mostly or instances of improperly labeling things specific to the platform (e.g. using PlayStation buttons on the Xbox One version).

Blizzard

Banned
I'm hoping "slightly" increasing font size is enough on PC. A different font color and face might help, but I imagine there could also be a ton of GUI cases to consider.

No fixes for:

-Don't Play with the Gods Treasure Hunt
-PS4 random crash issue
-Camera getting stuck zoomed into Geralt after swimming/fighting flying creatures
-Roach's common tendency to stop/slow down randomly making him a chore to use
-Long load times loading saves/switching areas
-
:(

You mean Roach's stamina depleting?

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Why not just let us customize the UI size? I had the same problem playing witcher 2 on my TV where all the text was wayyyyy too small and I had to get a mod for it. Witcher 3 isn't as bad but it's still way too small.

Don't they realize lots of people on PC are playing on TVs? Seems crazy not to give us the option of making the text size the same as consoles.

Top Bottom