• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

"A TRUE HUNTER NEVER RESTS!"

giphy.gif

How many gifs did this dude make? (Strike this sentence, I just realized it says 7EST)
After a day of yoyo wins/ losses it feels good to go 14/2 with lethality Illaoi.

Even more when it's a team where the only CC is Thresh and Teemo Shrooms ... and there's no tanks. Dat no-CC heaven feels so good -o-

I assume you've been feeling pretty good lately given how few teams with true tanks I've seen in solo queue lately.

dawgparty

Who are some good supports right now? I haven't played in a while(stopped right around when they added different dragons). Usually played Nami, Sona, Janna, and Velkoz(when I was feeling like being a cheeseball). I figure the first 3 are probably the same as they were before but any other suggestions welcome.

Nocturne is fucking freelo right now

don't sleep on that shit.

Lethality buffs made him even better
His burst has been fucking insane for a while. If he ults you you're dead before his fear even fucking procs
Who are some good supports right now? I haven't played in a while(stopped right around when they added different dragons). Usually played Nami, Sona, Janna, and Velkoz(when I was feeling like being a cheeseball). I figure the first 3 are probably the same as they were before but any other suggestions welcome.
Zyra, MF, Malzahar, Karma, Lulu

Ew, MF support is a real thing? What do you even build?

You build sight stone and then armor pen. She's picked because she's good into Malz & Zyra in lane and hten provides decent utility & damage.

Incidentally, MF is also pretty good as an ADC right now too because of Lethality.

Jarsonot

Practice tool is great, I've been practicing jungle clears and last hitting. I am not that good at last hitting. =)

I can't get all 6! And this is without an enemy champ to worry about.

So you don't need to convince me that Nocturne does pretty well with Lethality because I've played against it in the past month, but what about his kit actual benefits from Lethality? Normally I tend to associate the old flat armor pen and the new lethality with being good for people who have high base damage AD abilities that serve as their primary form of damage. Examples: MF (Double up, bullet time), Varus (piercing arrow), Jhin (everything except for his autos). Nocturne, though, would only really benefit on his Q and R, right? And I don't tend to view those as his main source of damage. Am I wrong?

So you don't need to convince me that Nocturne does pretty well with Lethality because I've played against it in the past month, but what about his kit actual benefits from Lethality? Normally I tend to associate the old flat armor pen and the new lethality with being good for people who have high base damage AD abilities that serve as their primary form of damage. Examples: MF (Double up, bullet time), Varus (piercing arrow), Jhin (everything except for his autos). Nocturne, though, would only really benefit on his Q and R, right? And I don't tend to view those as his main source of damage. Am I wrong?
His passive and his trailed autos benefit greatly as well.

Aatrox changes on the PBE next week, interesting

Also Riot thinking about nerfing EoK on this patch still or by hotfix. Longer CD, lower AD.

Hey, Costy- how often do people flame each other when you're on their team seeing that you have "Riot" in your name?

Less no doubt.

They should add a mechanic that changes a random name in game to a rioters name whenever you enter whatever kind of game.

So that everyone shuts the fuck up and actually play the game instead of crying.

Nekofrog

Banned
Top lane is so not fun when aatrox is strong (though that only happened one time in the games history)

Not looking forward to his buffs regardless of what they are

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Sorry to whoever was on my team on the inhouses tonight, played like shit in all of them. Delayed reactions galore.

The throw in the first game was legit a consequence from playing on this shit ass laptop, tho. But it really feels very miserable playing on these conditions and as much as I like the inhouses I'm might opt to sit them out until I'm back home in a few weeks and have a proper setup.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Oh, on the champ select screen for the second game I let the timer run out cuz nobody was answering which position I had to cover. Instead of automatically dodging it randomly picked me Lux wih the Star Guardian skin (which I don't own). Is this a common bug?

zkylon

zkylewd
next game i get a "you're ori, trade lanes with me cos you counter swain"

i'm like "no, swain counters me"

he's like "well i can't play here so what do u want to do"

i check his cs, he's like 30 at 15 minutes or something

ok i'll trade lanes with you

swain predictably ignores all my cc and dmg, dives and kills me

sigh

zkylon

zkylewd
game 3 i had akali dying at minute 2:30 and hecarim getting executed by gromp

ok next promos is the one, this one was just warmup

I assume you've been feeling pretty good lately given how few teams with true tanks I've seen in solo queue lately.

You might think so but not really.

How I PREFER to build Illaoi is DMG->DMG ... am I snowballing? Got a good lead? Then MORE DMG. No? Then tank ... I guess. (Starting to lace tank in after my first DMG item now. Also going with flat AD over scaling for better early game CSing and harass)

That's cool ... unless you're going up against some shit like Jayce or Quinn who's gonna build lethality and pop ANYONE without armor. Vs them I feel like I have to go with a Tank who can stack armor early and get away with it so that they don't snowball off me.

But vs a soft DMG dealer who isn't known for going lethality I'm free to go with something like that.

TheFlow

Banned
starting to realize to get out of low elo as a support main you gotta cheese and play carry supports. talking zyra, brand, annie, malz.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok i finally managed to win one

89lp, close to second try for plat

i'm setting my goal this season to be plat 2. i want to get diamond but that requires a time commitment i'm gonna regret later, and it's probably out of my league atm. plat 2 also sounds optimistic but it's something i'd be proud of, so imma aim for that. that means play more op champions and be smarter and learn more from my mistakes and finally learn how to splitpush lol

also gragas top sounds fun, tho i haven't played him in like 3 years lol

Top Bottom