• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA/Rockefellers indoctrinating youths to alien cults (demo pricing errors on Xbox)

manual4

Banned
nvm my earlier post i can see EA charge for demo and have an upgrade option for the full game at a cheaper price

I might be wrong, mostly due to my absense of next-gen threads and what not, but I believe it was a joke based on your love for the Microsoft ecosystem and all it entails.
Lacked execution and ease of flow, but a joke nevertheless.

I'm just pissed cause I bought the demo for $20 last week. Now everybody else is getting the deal of a lifetime. :p

But it's a soccer game. Every match is dynamic with many possibilities. You can play it over and over again for hours and no one match would ever be the same. Bringing that into consideration, $5 is actually rather cheap.

I'm just pissed cause I bought the demo for $20 last week. Now everybody else is getting the deal of a lifetime. :p
ITS CUZ UF ZE GRAFICS SO GOOOOD 10/10 $5 WELL SPENT AM AI RITE?
lol :)

I really hope this was a price mistake or something, though.
If gamers pay for this shit, I'll stick to PC and last-gen stuff. -_-

Recall

But it's a soccer game. Every match is dynamic with many possibilities. You can play it over and over again for hours and no one match would ever be the same. Bringing that into consideration, $5 is actually rather cheap.

Yet somehow the dozens upon dozens of football demos over all the years have managed to stay free...until now.

$5 is $5 too much.

TrueGrime

Scrooge would never say a thing like this.

Imposter.

GHG

Gold Member
probably is, they will most likely change the name from demo to "standard model" to avoid stigma

"Paid trail" would work better.

How long before there will be IAPs to unlock leagues and teams, etc? I hope we wont start seeing that shit till next gen, which is more than enough time for,me to find a new hobby.

you know what your rite
i mean you can play all you want and its always diffrent
what mattrs is the exprience and the feeel of playing as you're favorte team
5 dollrs is nothing for the amount of countent that comes in the demo

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Wow EA. You have to pay for the UFC demo too.
I downloaded this less than a week ago for free and then deleted it about 48 hours after, when I get home I'll test to see if I can download again for free or I now have to pay.

EDIT: I'm on XB1
Yep. The writing has been on the wall for a while. And where better to roll it out than with their pals and anti-consumer drm advocates Microsoft?

Unpresidented partnership indeed.
ifyousayso.gif

The penny drops. To think that we actually believed EA were just following the market when they dropped online passes and wouldn't do something equally or as worse to replace them.

jediyoshi

This is no different than Valve charging people for v0.0001 of games on their dumb service.

Do you just like putting words together because they resemble what a thought might look like

The penny drops. To think that we actually believed EA were just following the market when they dropped online passes and wouldn't do something equally or as worse to replace them.

But you didn't really because you're actually under the impression this is deliberate

MrBali

Neo Member
It's a price test, Xbox users are more inclined to pay for DLC and whatnot so it appeared there.

I'm 68% sure.

But you didn't really because you're actually under the impression this is deliberate

With it being EA, I can believe this is deliberate. I'd wager this is a test run to see how the community reacts. If there's a huge uproar, they'll claim it was a mistake. If it passes the day without many outlets railing against them, I wouldn't be surprised to see it become the norm by years end.

Basically, after Dungeon Keeper, I automatically believe the absolute worst in whatever EA does until there's significant evidence to the contrary.

Gonna hold off judgment for this for a while until it has been commented by EA.

But, the same pricing error for two different EA games, with the same price? That is odd.

These aren't the kind of changes that happens when a server burps.

This is the kind of stuff a publisher needs to setup in something like an xlast file and send it over to Microsoft. And then MS has to approve it and set it.

Why would untouched demos that don't get server maintenance or ANYTHING get touched randomly on a Thursday night?

This has to have been planned.

The only case where this would ever be OK would be like Dead Rising Case Zero, a "Demo" with a miniature scale of the game, tied into the story but content that doesn't appear in the main game and still manages to show off most of the features. For a section of the retail game, fuck off!

So if I buy this demo, I will get the full version of FIFA for $4,99? Nice!

What are you even talking about? When you pay for early access you get regular udates on the FULL game and also the final game when (or if in some cases...) it finally comes out.

Please don't try to defend this using examples you clearly dont understand.

While I don't in any way agree with what he said... We can no longer say with any certainty that early access games in any way GUARANTEE a 'final' game. We're simply guaranteed a 'game'.

Some drunk intern is fucking with the prices or something.

UFC was free for me. Fifa 14 is now $4.99, but it was free before.

NBA Live is now "Unavailable".

Yeah someone must be causing shit... I've downloaded and played all of these for free...

coldone

Doesnt MS charge EA for hosting the demo. The traffic might have increased exponentially.. some has to pay for hosting the demo.

Ascenion

But if you buy the demo, EA will give you $1.99 off the purchase of the digital full release.

Sad part is that there are people oblivious enough to believe that somehow saves them money. Guess EA doesn't want Comcast to win worse company in America without a fight next year.

£3.99 in the UK,

jrhs2JZ.png

Occam

If this was any other company, my first thought would be pricing error. But this is EA (remember this one? http://youtu.be/ZR6-u8OIJTE - and you thought it would get better after he left). The fact that the price was changed from free to $4.99 for two demos at the same time makes this look even more like a deliberate consumer experiment.

I'll be honest.

The most ridiculous thing about this whole situation is that I would not put this past either EA or Microsoft at this stage.

I hope it's a pricing error, but I don't doubt for a second that either one of these companies would test the waters on something like paid demo's.

Top Bottom