• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT15| Beta-tested, GAF approved

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
There's a reason I come to GAF as opposed to other sites. It's so we don't have to deal with a lot of trolls and flamers. But come on, I get it, a lot of you think I'm a shitty poster, I made an ass of myself with the xbox comments, I get a bit too passionate, but this shit gets tiring and uncalled for. Don't like my posts, tell me why. Don't start putting BS, like don't take me seriously, wishing I get banned, etc.

I agree, which is why I don't stand for it. You have a problem with me, PM me. This guy has singled me out personally, and unlike other guys who insult the content of my posts, he insults the content of my character for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Ramirez

Oh fuck, your avatar's got a 4 in it, too.

U5wrJBB.png

Omni

GUYS their isnt enough bandwidth

NO SPACE FOR MORE GUYS

It bothers me that the ODST helmet isn't available in game, and for some reason they managed to screw up the MK VI. The models were made for Reach, so why not just 'port' them over? It couldn't have been that hard to do, right?

darthbob

It bothers me that the ODST helmet isn't available in game, and for some reason they managed to screw up the MK VI. The models were made for Reach, so why not just 'port' them over? It couldn't have been that hard to do, right?

Clearly we all know the whole story.

FyreWulff

Let's see

It bothers me that the ODST helmet was just ported over from Reach. Too lazy to redo it for Halo 4's graphics bar?

Also unless it exists in the multiplayer maps, it's not usuable for multi anyway. Just an artifact of building the game off of Reach.

Omni

Let's see

Also unless it exists in the multiplayer maps, it's not usuable for multi anyway. Just an artifact of building the game off of Reach.

Yeah, that's certainly true - people are always going to complain. Still surprises me that 343i chose to leave some of the well known armour variants out though.

Yeah, that's certainly true - people are always going to complain. Still surprises me that 343i chose to leave some of the well known armour variants out though.

I don't think they chose to. Whichever other developer working on the game at the time must have missed it.

FyreWulff

I don't think they chose to. Whichever other developer working on the game at the time must have missed it.

I don't think you can 'just miss' an armor variant.. it's all planned out of what ones they want. Depending on contracts, using certain assets in the game may also incur royalty payments (which is certainly possible) or legal issues (Marathon helmet, Marathon emblem).

The Reach armor effects are still in the game including the Legendary and Bungie flames. It's just a result of building the game off of the previous one and not nulling them out. They aren't accounted for in the memory layouts or testing, for all we know having Legendary Flames activated crashes Halo 4 after 10 minutes of play.

(Although it'd be cool if you bought Legendary Reach, you could have the flames going forward into the next games.. but that's besides the point)

So AS in halo 4 uh, I guess they'll just add the stupid as fuck gametypes like they did in 3 and Reach instead of the god-tier mini games the community made.

FyreWulff

So AS in halo 4 uh, I guess they'll just add the stupid as fuck gametypes like they did in 3 and Reach instead of the god-tier mini games the community made.

If they require honor rules or a specific player to perform a specific action for it to work, it can't be in AS. And a lot of the good minigames do require those.

MM Action Sack variants have to be completely self-enforcing.

If they require honor rules or a specific player to perform a specific action for it to work, it can't be in AS. And a lot of the good minigames do require those.

MM Action Sack variants have to be completely self-enforcing.

If only you could assign traits to teams and loadouts.

Fuchsdh

What are you talking about? Mk VI in Halo 4 is much closer than the VI in Reach (tr multiplayer one not campaign, obviously.)

Omni

What are you talking about? Mk VI in Halo 4 is much closer than the VI in Reach (tr multiplayer one not campaign, obviously.)
I dunno, something about it seems warped. Side-on it looks alright, but the front view is... weird.
Halo 4
ryEBX.jpg

Halo Reach
HaloReachArmory-MarkVI.png

Halo 3
Jefe_Maestro_H3.jpg

Maybe it's just the visor. But Reach's looks closer than 4's, IMO. And lol. I don't think I've ever noticed how bad the space diaper looks until now. So glad 343i got rid of it haha

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
This weekend I'm going to ask everyone to RESUBMIT their questions for the Kevin Franklin interview. It's happening early next week. This weekend I'll have a full hard list of topics you guys can ask him about. I figured because it has been so long, I might as well ask again for the questions. There will be multiple reminders this weekend.

DON'T SUBMIT QUESTIONS NOW.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ask him wbat is his favorite Halo multiplayer, if he says Halo 4 leave the interview without notice and just write him "nope, wrong answer"

Top Bottom