• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V Launching Spring 2013 On Xbox 360/PS3 [Officially Confirmed By Rockstar]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musiol

Mod Note 1: Yes, you may discuss platforms in this thread (but civility rules still apply, so you can't be like "Bah 360/PS3 are platforms for dumbshits!!!!"). I've included Strauss Zelnick's (CEO of Take-Two, a company which wholly owns Rockstar) comments (and some Gearbox about Take-Two comments) on the Wii U at the bottom since I'm sure the apparent lack of a Wii U version will be half the commentary in this thread. As for PC gamers, well, I think you know your usual level of service from Rockstar. Also, the actual Game Informer details thread (and other non-platform related threads) will not be an appropriate location to discuss hypothetical additional platforms, as that thread will be reserved for discussing the game itself. If there are additional notes about the platform details in the Game Informer magazine, they will be split into a separate thread.

---

Edge Online said:
Grand Theft Auto release confirmed for spring 2013
Nathan Brown at 04:07pm October 30 2012

Grand Theft Auto V will be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 in spring 2013, Rockstar Games has announced, confirming rumours sparked by photos of retail displays leaked over the weekend.

Founder Sam Houser said: “Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we’ve learned about open-world game design. We can’t wait to share it with fans.”

Pre-orders begin on November 5; as we pointed out yesterday, a May release seems likely, though publisher Take-Two might prefer it to launch in March so that its doubtless gargantuan sales revenue can be included in its year-end accounts.
Source: http://www.edge-online.com/news/grand-theft-auto-release-confirmed-for-spring-2013/

---

Was it posted?

vLndC.jpg

Sx7mX.jpg

source: PS3Site.pl
GTA-Five.pl

---

Mod Notes Section:

Here are the Strauss Zelnick (CEO of Take-Two, a company which wholly owns Rockstar) and Gearbox-about-Take-Two comments on the Wii U I promised to include below.

Gamasutra said:
While Nintendo fell short of its goal of whipping gamers into a frenzy for the Wii U at this year's E3, third-party publishers, who see the system as a key driver of future growth, were reticent to downplay its potential. Instead, they cited the system's long-term potential, rather than its initial impact.

Take-Two Interactive Software chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick, however, was not among the cheerleaders.

While Take-Two will make sports and family titles for the Wii U, its bigger core franchises have been notably absent from the list of partners. And that seems unlikely to change anytime soon.

"We haven't announced anything," says Zelnick on the possibility of moving the company's mature titles onto the Wii U. "I'm skeptical."

Source: http://gamasutra.com/view/news/1724...ccording_to_TakeTwos_Zelnick.php#.UIx0SYZAe5g

Dealspwn said:
Dealspwn: Finally, over the last few months, you've been an outspoken exponent of the Wii U. Will Borderlands 2 release on Nintendo's new console, and what's your Wii U strategy going forward?

Brian Martel: We really like the Wii U, I think it's a really cool platform. I like what they're doing - obviously with the touchscreen - and it will be interesting to see what Microsoft do with their approach to that idea. It's one of those problems of the Wii: the only people who have ever made a lot of money on the Wii is Nintendo.

So we're really excited to bring Aliens: Colonial Marines to it. And we're going to do a wait and see approach, our publisher 2K is going to see whether they're going to go with that. But if Borderlands 2 was on the Wii U, the thing I would be most excited about is inventory management: it would be amazing on that, it would just be fantastic. And I think the artwork would look really good, with the way they can deal with the resolutions and textures, I think it's a really good console.
Source: http://www.dealspwn.com/borderlands-2-brian-martel-interview-107457

V_Ben

Banned
Release date at the VGAs I expect. To be fair though, Rockstar could send out a news wire any day and get as much coverage.

Pooya

PC gonna be fall something again. WiiU something..

Is that 100% legit? didn't they release those artworks recently or are they all new?

Release date at the VGAs I expect. To be fair though, Rockstar could send out a news wire any day and get as much coverage.
Rockstar is smart, they don't do events because they will sell 20 mil copies of GTAV if they do events or not.
So just put that marketing money into dev time.

Also VGA's is usually for new games, but if Rockstar comes knocking you know they would want it.

Squire

Banned

They could, but yeah. New trailer/release date at the VGAs. This was a given once Keighley tweeted about seeing the GI crew in NY. I don't know how you could expect anything else at this point.

aww yeah! spring release would be perfect. hope they won't have to delay.. but if they must, so be it. no half-assed ps3 port please.

i seriously cannot wait. will most likely be my favorite game this gen behind Demon's Souls. Rockstar is gonna make this gen go out with a bang! (i hope)

Bsigg12

maybe it just means you can start pre-ordering spring 2013 for a spring 2014 release

You can pre-order any game at any time as soon as it's been officially announced. Most places put placeholder things there after the initial announcement regardless of release is. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of people already have it pre-ordered.

But, May sounds like a fantastic time for that game to be released. Right before we get the big news of new consoles a month later.

Is this surprising? Maybe they will get it 6 months later when nobody will care anymore like NFS Most Wanted.

I just thought that they'd break their backs doing what they could to get that on the Wii U. Not just because of how big it is as a series, but because of the perception shift that it could bring to the platform. There's never been a GTA game on a Nintendo console.

Fjordson

Any reason why R* folks hate people that play their games on PC?
I felt like they were past this once Max Payne 3 came out. The PC version was only two weeks behind, used Steam instead of GFWL, and looked amazing. Hopefully a PC logo on that ad is just an error.

By that logic GTAIV had 6 lead characters and Red Dead Redemption had 10.
Yeah, you could be right. R* artworks have always shown other side characters. And sometimes even non-existent characters (like the lollipop girl on the GTA IV cover).

Though I don't know, I feel like there have been some heavy hints towards multiple characters this time around. The black guy in that artwork could easily be the black guy in the wife beater from the first trailer.

Edit: Eh, scratch that. Difference in tattoos as pointed out by Gravijah.

Squire

Banned
Any reason why R* folks hate people that play their games on PC?

I mean, do they though? Max Payne 3 says hi. But then you guys still don't have RDR which was waaaay more high-profile and would be improved significantly running over current PC tech. *shrugs*

I just thought that they'd break their backs doing what they could to get that on the Wii U. Not just because of how big it is as a series, but because of the perception shift that it could bring to the platform. There's never been a GTA game on a Nintendo console.

I don't think they care, and I also don't think Rockstar cares. Rockstar likes huge userbases.

iNvid02

We still get the shaft when it comes to release dates.

true, pubs think it helps combat piracy (i seriously doubt it does) so we do get fucked in a way

im getting fucked right now actually waiting another 3 weeks for ac3

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Will there be a 6 month delay for the PC version? Or will it be like RDR? Seriously disappointing if true.

Excited for the info blowout though.

UrbanRats

They advertised their GTAV news on the steam group, they HAVE to release it on PC.
Not to mention the huge amount of GTA4 content they plug that is from PC players (videos and such).

Anyway the multiple playable characters thing (probably 2, the black dude and the white old dude) is almost confirmed, in the 12 screenshot released in the summer, it was pretty clear.

Squire

Banned
Will there be a 6 month delay for the PC version? Or will it be like RDR? Seriously disappointing if true.

Excited for the info blowout though.

It'll happen I think, but 6-9 months after the console release. They're gonna sell their 20m units on console first, definitely.

EDIT:
we have platforms, release window, new artwork. new thread?

Catch-all Hype Thread? Do it. The game is without question big enough for it.

dreamfall

Whoa! Spring 2013 really?! I mean, I'd ideally like May, but I was thinking more October in line with some of their older releases before GTA IV.

But holy goodness- that is soon! The artwork is utterly fantastic, and I hope some sort of trailer premieres shortly after the GI Exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom