• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best artistic games for DS-3DS ?

nasos_333

Hotel Dusk & Last Window

PT7Lq.jpg

Beautiful art, great music, memorable cast of characters and a very good script.

Probably my favorite games on the DS.

Is it an adventure game ?

first-look-ni-no-kuni-20080926074138272_640w.jpg

Also planning to buy imported Ni no Kuni, will it play on US 3DS ? The amazing 2D art and the book are just too much to pass by

I guess i will be able to play it with guides and internet translations

Here is a trailer with english subs, the game looks stunning artistically

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?161587-Has-anyone-here-played-Ni-No-Kuni-for-the-DS

Is it an adventure game ?

Also planning to buy imported Ni no Kuni, will it play on US 3DS ? The amazing 2D art and the book are just too much to pass by

They're mystery games. In the first one, you arrive at a hotel, and walk around talking to people / finding clues to solve a mystery. Gripping story and wonderful characters.

They're mystery games. In the first one, you arrive at a hotel, and walk around talking to people / finding clues to solve a mystery. Gripping story and wonderful characters.

The DS could very well be the best gaming system of all time. I started replaying a bunch of old DS games this weekend and have fallen back in love with it. :)

nasos_333

Found one quote that says Ni no Kuni plays on 3DS, for anyone else interested

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-/61619021

I will search for more evidence, i dont want to spend 80$ and not be able to play the game :)

EDIT: and another source saying it is region free

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NTR-P-B2KJ

Very nice, i love adventures and mystery games

Zornica

Banned
Hotel Dusk had a nice look to it, but it's sequel last window was greatly improved.

Regarding good looking ds games, I think Golden Sun was probably the best looking 3d ds game. Compared to other 3d ds games like the ff remakes, this one had a very clean look.

Slermy

Another vote for Shantae. So pretty.

I concur, I just hope the 3DS can get a quarter of the insane library the DS had.

I think it's off to a pretty good start (my 3DS library has grown faster than my DS library did), but the DS has just so many amazing titles, it'll be a hard one to top.

Another mention is Emily the Strange for DS -

61QiQK7erJL.jpg

I fully expect this title to be rare in the future. I've ever only seen two retailers carry it.

nasos_333

Another vote for Shantae. So pretty.

I think it's off to a pretty good start (my 3DS library has grown faster than my DS library did), but the DS has just so many amazing titles, it'll be a hard one to top.

I fully expect this title to be rare in the future. I've ever only seen two retailers carry it.

Shantae gets a sequel for 3DS too, that is definatly one of my top anticipated for the system

Top Bottom