• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So guys...I preordered my Vita 3G way back when on Amazon...and the game comes out on the 22nd....yet my estimated delivery date is the 27th?

What's up with that? I'm a prime user, so I would get two day free shipping, and regardless, its free release date shipping anyways, so is this the same for anybody else?

Feb 22 here

RDD, WiFi ordered on June 6th

I save 99 cents for preordering on first day since they had it for $249.00 :p

codhand

Don't know if folks are also wondering about this, but I double dipped on The Warriors and it definitely works. Again, with most Rockstar titles, camera control is done by holding one button and swiveling an analog stick. Still, so happy it works on the Vita!

I recall the camera being the weird reversed camera controls, is there an option for both clock and counter clockwise, loved the warriors, not very good on PSP though, due to controls.

Salaadin

So guys...I preordered my Vita 3G way back when on Amazon...and the game comes out on the 22nd....yet my estimated delivery date is the 27th?

What's up with that? I'm a prime user, so I would get two day free shipping, and regardless, its free release date shipping anyways, so is this the same for anybody else?

I reserved my 3g vita last week and its estimated for the 22nd. Did you select release date delivery when they made it available? They don't switch you automatically.

guise, I need Vita friends :(... Spamming my ps3 friends when they don't see me online got old yesterday...

wearmeme-forever-alone-black.jpg

dreamfall

I recall the camera being the weird reversed camera controls, is there an option for both clock and counter clockwise, loved the warriors, not very good on PSP though, due to controls.

Camera is definitely just alright. I mapped the right analog stick to the left, so I hold L+Right stick to move camera about when standing still. More importantly, it helps in graffiti/throwing gameplay. I think it is a stellar port (I had the UMD, played it to completion without problems).

Someone cleared this up a few pages ago, apparently Ys 1 and 2 got posted to the store twice (the original offer is no longer available, but it's different than the version that you can currently buy). One GAFfer accidentally bought it twice since owning the original upload doesn't lock you out from buying it again (since it's different) and he noticed that only the original version can be transferred over.

I bought my copy a few days ago so I have the new version that can't be transferred over, but hopefully it gets fixed soon...

This post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35212587&postcount=14227
Thanks, I'll update the OP with the explanation.

@LiquidMetal14 and others: Why not use the official thread for Everybody's/Hot Shots Golf instead?

UberTag

How about that? Someone with a decent camera finally took pics of their Vita.
Those look GLORIOUS!

Incidentally, I'm also now stuck with the same credit card issue as jcutner.
Worked fine purchasing games last Thursday & this past Tuesday. Then "just stopped".

Still funds on the account. Still usable on other sites. Bank not blocking purchases from PlayStation Store. Even bought BlazBlue briefly after the issue first manifested.
Now there's nothing but error codes on the Vita and my PS3. Was able to pick up a Canadian PSN card digitally online as a short-term solution but this is certainly less than ideal.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, I would love to see a 3DS XL. That screen is soooo tiny and not well suited for 3D as a result. A nice 5" screen ala Vita would be awesome even with the low DPI it would bring.

Darko

Don't know if folks are also wondering about this, but I double dipped on The Warriors and it definitely works. Again, with most Rockstar titles, camera control is done by holding one button and swiveling an analog stick. Still, so happy it works on the Vita!

EyMyF.png

can you map that to the second stick though?

centracore

After reading all the impressions in this thread I came very close to switching from the regular PS Vita on the 22nd to the FEB. Luckily for me all stores in my city are sold out of the FEB so I guess 5 more days to go!

Ran rp

By the way guys, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to speak about this website here? I apologize if I shouldn't.

Anyways, I found this website called lockerz, which I'm sure most of you know about it already. Not going to explain everything but I managed to get a 3G launch bundle for $240 last week, free shipping, no tax. I was scared that it would be a scam site but from what I've read, it's legit.

Has anybody's stuff from Lockerz shipped?

All I ordered was one game, but am curious.

My Uncharted shipped on the 15th and is out for delivery today. I guess that means I should expect my Vita to arrive around Friday next week.

Reclaimer

LOVE the digital game manuals.

However, its hilarious that certain publishers still keep them shitty black and white, even though they are for the Vita scren, not being printed.

Oh, Sega. Virtua Tennis Vita is a hell of a good game, but lol at your black and white manual.
Nput7.jpg

Ps. Dear Vita Web Browser, fuck you for not having copy paste yet.

Cheska

GAH!!! This first edition case is driving me insane. No matter what I do I can't get that smell to go away :( I sprayed it with perfume and let it air out,but it's still there :( I just don't want my Vita to continue catching that stench. Has anyone found a method that worked? I'm almost considering picking up one of those travel pouches.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So question - for those of us who managed to grab MJ The Experience when it was "free", have you tried transferring it to and from your Vita with success? I'm wondering if the "optional" update will delete it from my HD when I transfer it off my Vita. I want space for some other stuff at the moment...

So Target is doing a buy 2 get 1 free thing? Next week I take it?

Starts Sunday.

Reclaimer

GAH!!! This first edition case is driving me insane. No matter what I do I can't get that smell to go away :( I sprayed it with perfume and let it air out,but it's still there :( I just don't want my Vita to continue catching that stench. Has anyone found a method that worked? I'm almost considering picking up one of those travel pouches.

Air and liitle sun works wonders for stinky stuff.

yencid

paid off the vita, Got wipeout 2048 and a 4gig mem.

holy shit are the vita boxes small. Even the size comparisons didnt prepare me for that.

War of the Lions 10
Tactics Ogre 20
The 3rd Birthday 20
Ys Oath in Felghana 15
Ys 7 15
Ys Chronicles 15
Legend of Heroes TitS 15
LUNAR (awesome remake in my opinion) 15

I would love to see Star Ocean 1/2 remakes/ports on PSN as I loved 1 on PSP. I also wanted to get Ridge Racer but then I realized it's coming to Vita in May/June. I can hold off for the hopefully fixed and content complete version with online.

I would really love to see someone take some shorts or video of Lunar on a Vita.

I woke up this morning for some Wipeout and decided to use Near, got 48 hits near me! haha.

I'm in Los Gatos, CA.

South Bay Area represent! I wonder if Near will be able to hit you from where I live.

Well that sucks. What's the point of the B2G1 deal. If they don't most of the games.

Target has always had a smaller selection of games compared to TRU and Best Buy. They tend to carry at least the major titles. So far from my random trips to Target, I've seen Uncharted, Modnation, Hot Shots Golf, Wipeout, FIFA, Marvel vs Capcom, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, a tag for Ninja Gaiden and I believe a tag for Dynasty Warriors. Targets so far are hit and miss. Some have some games out, some only have a spot for one or two games, some haven't put any games out. That doesn't mean that's how it will be by launch at those Targets, but it's just early. I expect we'll see a few more games than what I listed but at least those are confirmed to be stocked by Target.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It does not exist right now, like half the ideas Sony has. But it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. As I said, Sony mentioned in the past retailers will carry download codes for retail titles.

I can imagine it now

Customer #1 "Hi, I'd like to trade this code it towards a new code"
Salesman "We have a special deal, trade in 3 codes and only pay $30USD for any new release code"

Customer #2 "Hi, I bought this second hand code off you guys yesterday and it doesn't work"
Salesman "Sorry, no refunds".

:p

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
god i want one of these so bad now.

question: if i wanted to, could i just buy one of these wi-fi models, buy + download final fantasy 7 + 9 and start playing them from there? cause i really want to do that. ASAP.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
god i want one of these so bad now.

question: if i wanted to, could i just buy one of these wi-fi models, buy + download final fantasy 7 + 9 and start playing them from there? cause i really want to do that. ASAP.
Not yet. PSX game support is coming but not enabled at the moment.

- J - D -

I recommend you leave it outside for a few hours and let it air out. Then, if you have any silica gel packets (the small packets that you can find sometimes in shoeboxes and food packaging to absorb moisture), throw a couple of them in the FEB case for a little while to let it absorb the odor.

That's what I did, and now the smell is gone.

Prozel

16065.jpg

If know it's a bit early to ask. But the PDP Trigger Grip is currently unavailable i Europe, so I'm currently considering this grip.

Has anyone tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom