• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELEAGUE Street Fighter V Invitational hosted by TBS

Sayad

Apparently Du only teabags because SFV doesn't have the Guile shades taunt.
Taunts are kinda wack in SFV in general. Don't know if you can cancel them early like you can do in 4. Du didn't even know how to do a regular taunt in SFV till a few weeks ago

But he was teabagging with Mika even before picking up Guile in SFV!!!
9ovvu0I.gif

Wild Card

NuckleDu only does it because it does bother people, he says exactly why in that interview video they did. He's doing it for no ones benefit but his own.

lupinko

Oh yeah I was aware of that and I stifled a chuckle since Du got pwned with his own little trademark, but it doesn't change the fact it's overall stupid.

It's a sad attempt to taunt your foe and makes the teabagger look weak instead of looking strong.

Daigo taunting guys with Ken back in 3rd Strike when he was whooping their ass was pretty cool. A dude tapping down multiple times instead of using his designated taunt while outright trying to taunt his foe just looks scared and juvie.

Taunts in 3S give special bonsuses, I forget what Ken gets but Q for example gets higher Defence, Dudley's is a projectile, etc...

If you're hot shit and wanna taunt your foe, you have a taunt input/animation. It's such a chickenshit way to seem "cool" or "hype"

What makes the taunt button so cool vs teabagging? They're both taunting your opponent. Is it really down to a lack of a developer created custom animation? That's literally the only difference.

Edzi

What makes the taunt button so cool vs teabagging? They're both taunting your opponent. Is it really down to a lack of a developer created custom animation? That's literally the only difference.

You're locked into the taunt for like a second so it's a bit more of a commitment/risk.

Syntsui

Best Street Fighter player in the world is from Norway.

HOLY SHIT.

No one could ever, ever, ever predict something like this.

Invis

I have no idea what eLeague is and have no idea about fighting games but wanted to stop in and say its awesome this is on TBS. Found it while scrolling through to find the Braves/Giants game.

I have no idea what eLeague is and have no idea about fighting games but wanted to stop in and say its awesome this is on TBS. Found it while scrolling through to find the Braves/Giants game.

Did you like the gameplay? Would you watch something similar again? Capcom seems to be investing in eSports big time with SFV. I wonder if they're growing the audience with stuff like this.

Kashiwaba

Did you like the gameplay? Would you watch something similar again? Capcom seems to be investing in eSports big time with SFV. I wonder if they're growing the audience with stuff like this.
Not just capcom even Bamco is doing their own tour thingy with 200k prize pool, I'm a big fighting games fan and i would love to see them all grow and reach bigger audience and players.

Top Bottom