• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Igarashi Plays "Castlevania: Symphony of the Night" With Double Fine Devs

Easy_D

never left the stone age
"Cult classic"?!

Castlevania's never been that much of a seller actually, that's why the GBA/DS games were made on a shoestring budget and had to recycle sprites like crazy.

Igarashi is still one of the few people I've seen that can totally pull off a ponytail.

Are we twins? I pretty much made this exact post in the SwordOrWhip thread. Eerily enough we both posted at the same minute. The GAF hivemind is real!

One of few men who can totally rock a ponytail

BROTHER!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Castlevania's never been that much of a seller actually, that's why the GBA/DS games were made on a shoestring budget and had to recycle sprites like crazy.

I'm sure it can't have helped to constantly move from platform to platform. Hopefully this Kickstarter project of his can get a wide release.

1VvWSNz.gif

jimboton

Ugh, please dont tell me DF is behind this.

Well they kind of are.. If it weren't for their 'Double Fine Adventure' kickstarting the Kickstarter craze none of the major high profile gaming kickstarters would have ever happened. I dislike a lot the way they handled their own project but you have to give them that. It's all thanks to Tim.

ezekial45

Banned
It was a really smart move to do the viral marketing for this kickstarter. They've built up so much hype now, and it should translate well for them for the campaign.

It was a really smart move to do the viral marketing for this kickstarter. They've built up so much hype now, and it should translate well for them for the campaign.

Yeh. I know alot of people have been complaining about it\the length it has gone on but I've got the feeling it'll really help their first day numbers.

Hah... just did a search for Igarashi and saw this pic come up:
ayami-michiru.jpg

He looks almost unrecognizable without his beard and long hair!

TreIII

Yeh. I know alot of people have been complaining about it\the length it has gone on but I've got the feeling it'll really help their first day numbers.

And to be fair...it's only been a week.

I could understand the groaning if this was something that had been stretching for a longer period of time, like some other Japanese countdown sites we've had in the last few years.

I don't understand this format. The guy on the left (Ben) asks Iga in Japanese, Iga responds in Japanese (both subtitled), then Ben verbally translates question and answer, effectively repeating everything twice. What the hell?

And to be fair...it's only been a week.

I could understand the groaning if this was something that had been stretching for a longer period of time, like some other Japanese countdown sites we've had in the last few years.

Truth.

A week long campaign to get people talking was really smart considering this is going to require people to show up and pledge support. I can see getting upset about large publisher countdowns that lead to nothing but for a small team looking to raise interest in a crowd funded game it was a good idea.

The first day seems really important for kickstarter and when you look at something like Nightcry that struggled right to the end you can't blame them for wanting to get the word out early.

Snaku

Banned
So man who had very little to do with making a game plays said game with other people who had nothing to do with afformentioned game? Ok.

I don't understand this format. The guy on the left (Ben) asks Iga in Japanese, Iga responds in Japanese (both subtitled), then Ben verbally translates question and answer, effectively repeating everything twice. What the hell?

I doubt Anna knows Japanese, so it's probably for her sake so they can all have a decent discussion.

Man, I really miss Ben Judd. Dude gave it his all to bring Bionic Commando to the mainstream. The gaming population was just too stupid for it. I miss the Top Secret podcasts as well, fun times.

So man who had very little to do with making a game plays said game with other people who had nothing to do with afformentioned game? Ok.

I guess you missed the whole part about Igarashi working on the design and script, and also being a co-director on the latter half of the game....?

I doubt Anna knows Japanese, so it's probably for her sake so they can all have a decent discussion.

But there is no discussion at all, Anna is just dead weight after the intro (or a least all the bits I've seen of it skipping ahead). Having everything repeated twice makes this unwatchable. Hopefully someone will stitch together the subbed parts.

ignata

The video I didn't know I wanted. Can't wait to watch this. Nothing has toppled Symphony of the Night in my world, and I don't know if it ever will. Hopefully IGA's next project...

jett

D-Member
But there is no discussion at all, Anna is just dead weight after the intro (or a least all the bits I've seen of it skipping ahead). Having everything repeated twice makes this unwatchable. Hopefully someone will stitch together the subbed parts.

Agreed. No offense to Ben Judd but they should've edited out his Japanese and English translations. Way too much stoppage.

krizzx

Whoops, wrong thread.

Though, this is kind of hard to watch. Such long intervals between conversations do to the constantly having to translate.

Top Bottom