• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JonTron Releases a Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_erk

"Calling someone out individually for something stupid/vile they said is the same thing as generalizing an entire group of people based on their ethnicity! Both sides, guys! BOTH SIDES!"

Fuck out of here with your intellectually lazy bullshit.
e0239734bbaec7e921d58b4ddec1220f.jpg

Sir TapTap

As terrible as that is, I'd hope even that neonazi would realize this is a shitty apology lol

Honestly political discourse seems to be largely beyond the point where people (at least "alr right" people) will admit an argument or statement was made poorly. They just scream that it was fine because they agree with it and if you didn't like it, it's because you're an offended snowflake liberal cuck etc.

It's why there's no dialog to be had with these people. They're not arguing on genuine terms, they're, ironically "virtue signalling" to show other racist punks they're on their side, and anyone who disagrees is just automatically Evil Liberals.

It's why Milo and the like were popular. Couldn't argue their way out of a paper fucking bag, but he sure hated muslims so he was alright by them.

Funny how it took the subscriber shitstorm to get this, and even then, he can't even damage control properly. Won't be surprised if this is one of the few instances where he continues to lose subs even after his pathetic damage control attempt.

Gator86

Y'all ever notice how when a poster is wrong and gets called out they sometimes just dip?

Always. There's like 4 basic comments that get thrown out and when those inevitably fail, because obviously, they'll just dip or demand the thread be closed.

You know if when you are under pressure, you're reaction is to become some kind of xenophobic racist.. that probably says all it needs to say about you.

"I'm not racist, I was just feeling stressed" isn't a good excuse.

I know whenever I've had a long day at work I sometimes accidentally marginalize oppressed groups all the time.

What are the Youtube comments like?

Not as bad as i expected - some people just shit posting, some taking his side, others taking him to task. Its an unlisted video however so we'll see how much it gets passed around.

Can you monetize unlisted videos? I'd hate to think of him getting revenue off this.

Alucrid

Banned
now that jontron has had time to collect his thoughts i think he's prepared to go back and talk with that destiny guy for another 2 hours

These guys need to hire some PR manager. If an actual journalist they're so against said the things JonTron said doubled down on it, you would bank that they would not only be against, but also get the journalist fired.

KarmaCow

Well the important thing is he put out a video where the tone seemed apologetic even if he is really just doubling down.

Anung

Un Rama
I know whenever I've had a long day at work I sometimes accidentally marginalize oppressed groups all the time.

I stubbed my toe last week and shouted about the zionist thot muslamic immigrant terrorists but it was just a random thought in the heat of the moment. I totally don't actually believe these things I've alluded to many times over.

Jofamo

Can someone explain to me what people like JonTron believe White Culture even is?

Like, past all the obviously racist stuff. What do we have that's at such risk?

Sir TapTap

Basically:

"I'm not racist, but I have to defend white people and their beautiful culture called America!"

This motherfucker. lol

The painful irony is this sort of scum has been by far the most harmful thing to America since the Iraq war, arguably worse (I don't agree with it, but it was for a reason. This is just idiocy).

They don't care about America though, not real America. Just magical white-only 'utopia' America. Really wish people did a better job at tearing into them for being anti-American because they are. but like I said in my last comment, there's not really much point in arguing with them, they're not doing it genuinely.

Not as bad as i expected - some people just shit posting, some taking his side, others taking him to task. Its an unlisted video however so we'll see how much it gets passed around.

Can you monetize unlisted videos? I'd hate to think of him getting revenue off this.

You can, yeah, dunno if this one in particular is.

inky

How much do you have to hate yourself to be the son of an immigrant and pretend you are part of some sort of pure genetic line in a country built by other immigrants, who happened to have massacred the actual native genetic line?

mlclmtckr

Banned
JonTron likely truly believes he's not a racist.

Honestly jontron is more openly racist than almost anyone I've seen lately. Even 'white nationalists' act like all they want is a racially segregated state. Jon is just straight up saying that black people are biologically predisposed to being criminals.

That's not at all what I said but OK. Hate breeds hate, even if it's in different forms.

While I do think he was a little unapologetic, I don't feel he should be crucified or anything. Nor do I think he should be simply forgiven.

But let's not build people up to start sending death threats.

I don't want to cause any troubles here, so I'll remove myself from the thread.

You're banned but I'm sure you are just some alt so maybe you'll read this anyway:

What you've said here is the same weak ass argument people like you are forced to use when defending moronic bigots like JonTron. Bring up strawmen to try and legitimize your pathetic position because without, it becomes readily apparent thatyou have no leg to stand on. Nobody is sending him death threats. Nobody is asking for Jon to be crucified. Nobody is asking for him to be arrested. Nobody is asking for him to be hurt. People are using the same public, social platform (the internet) that he used to spew his hateful nonsense to criticize him for said hateful nonsense. Yet, to you, that puts everyone on equal footing. You (and whoever your various other alt accounts are) are full of shit.

Really good contribution to the topic by skelitor121:
Regardless of what Jon says, I'm a bit disappointed that he thinks his statement means anything now that he's had his time to go back over his points and change them and research them. It's a bit bullshit to think that your opinions only work out well when they're unquestioned, untested and unparalleled. Jon is only capable of sounding like a smart man when he's sitting in his room, alone, an echo chamber of transparency, but when he's put up against someone who asks him to explain or challenges his opinion he devolves to ridiculous statements and racism, and we're supposed to think he's gotten the raw deal outta that?

These guys need to hire some PR manager.

No, they need to not be racist.

Hiring a PR manager just means they know they're full of shit and they'd like to pay someone to make their shit smell better, and maybe sculpt it into a decorative end table or small statue or something that isn't awful to look at.

PR manager basically lets him consistently shit himself with the safety and knowledge that someone is going to wipe his ass for him.

Honestly, who needs a PR manager when a good 1/3-1/2 of his fanbase is going to volunteer their talents at amateur spin in every forum/messageboard/reddit & facebook thread? That's free labor.

Could somebody please stop him? Have any of his friends gone out and said, "Yeah, we talked about he said, I told him what was wrong, but he doesn't see it". How could he be doubling down, now?

So, from the sounds of it, it seems like Jon ends up falling back on abstract arguments of how he failed to properly explain himself, while failing to really address or qualify the implications of specific statements from the stream.

Now I'm gonna hesitate in following youtubers until there's some clear indication of their values.

Gator86

"I'm not racist, I just was flustered"

abc_kkk_dm_121026_mn.jpg

JonTron likely truly believes he's not a racist.

The governor of Maine said the state was at war with black people then threatened to actually murder a state legislator because the legislator called him racist. There's a 0% chance JonTron thinks he's racist in any way. It's why arguing about who is racist and who isn't doesn't work. Most people are incapable of processing the idea that they're a "racist."

Magwik

Banned
I really want to go back in time and find out when history changed for so many people that Hitler and the Nazi's only targeted the Jews, and white supremacy wasn't at all a driving factor for them. Because every time someone gets caught being a fucking racist, their defense is pretty much "I'm not a Nazi, I've got nothing against Jews cause they're white!" without saying so explicitly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom