• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 - 4k & HDR Courtesy of Blim (Gamersyde)!!! Must See!

Also the new dash view is awesome, hope it shows up in the next Horizon as well

I would LOVE for them to just simply patch it in. If I recall correctly they had that view at E3 2016 for their rigs on the show floor but it never was kept in the game.

Cmon Turn10/PG, patch that in!

gus-gus

Banned
There a lot of 4k hdr videos on the Xbox dashboard from the conference. They all look great especially the Indies they have. On the Xbox dashboard there should be a selection on the side that says e3 recap or something then you'll have 4 options to select from. Tons of videos there. Works only on one s.

Izuna

Banned
brbusingimaginationbecauseno.hdr

I feel like putting this on an sd card so I can view it on an S8 somewhere.

ghibli99

X800D HDR10 here. Colors look a little washed out to me compared to SDR content from last week, but in terms of how much this makes it look like natural sunlight on that Dubai track and the final stretch with the R35? Man, I can't wait to play this for real. :)

Wow!

When the thunder and lightning hit in the second video........

giphy.gif

HDR has been one of the highlights of this gen

Momentary

Banned
Time to move my computer downstairs to play on this on my TV. That looked pretty damn good. Never seen a racing look like that.

Gamersyde has 2 videos. In the video without the rain, there are still some jaggies on the wires in the beginning of the track, but besides that the games looks really good overall.

Hawk269

Wow!

When the thunder and lightning hit in the second video........

giphy.gif

HDR has been one of the highlights of this gen

Yeah, Gears of War 4 and Forza Horizon 3 really are impactful in HDR. I think for this game the combination of native 4k and HDR is what is making it even more impressive. The IQ and HDR impact really make it shine.

Hawk269

Time to move my computer downstairs to play on this on my TV. That looked pretty damn good. Never seen a racing look like that.

Will you PC output in 4k and HDR to the TV though? Would it not be easier to put the 2 files on a USB stick and plug that into the USB port on your TV?

Hexer06

God! DAM! That looks amazing. I loved the ending sunset in the 2nd video. 4K HDR really is such a drastic improvement. Can't wait for the X to come out! (At least get those pre-orders up! lol)

Colbert

Banned
I just downloaded and watched it on my LG OLED B6. Looks gorgeous. But I had to play it directly from my TV. Nice service by gamersyde!

My Xbox One S did not like the video format. Standard Media Player and VLC did not work. In addition VLC urged my Xbox One S to turn off.

I just downloaded and watched it on my LG OLED B6. Looks gorgeous. But I had to play it directly from my TV. Nice service by gamersyde!

My Xbox One S did not like the video format. Standard Media Player and VLC did not work. In addition VLC urged my Xbox One S to turn off.

I saved it on a usb and it played fine on my one s through the movie & tv app.

Edit: LOL I just tried both of those apps and got the same results.

Colbert

Banned
I saved it on a usb and it played fine on my one s through the movie & tv app.

That is the one app that I did not thought of to try out. Will try it later. Thanks for the info.

Edit: Movie & TV app works fine like you said. Reason for not using it was: it wasn't installed on my Xbox One S.

That is the one app that I did not thought of to try out. Will try it later. Thanks for the info.

Its funny how each one of these apps has there own littile quirks

media player: streams non hd content from my computer best
VLC: best for hooked up external storage streaming
movies & tv: will do 4k HDR

Alexious

Welp. There is a great offer for an LG B7 and I was just about to take the plunge, though I have never spent nearly as much on a display.
Now, though...Gotta see this stuff.

Colbert

Banned
Its funny how each one of these apps has there own littile quirks

media player: streams non hd content from my computer best
VLC: best for hooked up external storage streaming
movies & tv: will do 4k HDR

Yes, thats interesting indeed. Btw I have now tested it with the TV Movie app and it works like you said.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
For those having trouble running from USB on the Movie and TV app on XB1, uninstall the app and reinstall. That worked for me!

What are some good USB drive to use for viewing on Samsung KS* series TVs? I have a crummy 500mb one that works but my 4gb one does not (and yes I have tried formatting it to FAT32).

malyce

Unless i downloaded the wrong file, my TV did not notify me that an HDR video is playing (KS8000). Looks crisp, but that's about it.

Momentary

Banned
Will you PC output in 4k and HDR to the TV though? Would it not be easier to put the 2 files on a USB stick and plug that into the USB port on your TV?

It would, but I meant that for the release of the game I'll put my computer downstairs to play it on HDR.

Heretic

Finally got around to seeing it. Got DAMN does it look amazing!!!

4k + HDR on my 60inch KS8000. Holy Moly.

I wish I could view it side by side with a non-HDR set to truly appreciate it.

It would, but I meant that for the release of the game I'll put my computer downstairs to play it on HDR.

I'm waiting for them to confirm that they're supporting HDR on the PC this time.. They didn't for Horizon 3, but they did on the Xbox One one version.. same for Gears 4..

samred

I was at Microsoft's E3 event and played FM7 on HDR-rated screens. This video does not contain the right color data, at least when played back on my LG B6's built-in media player (even though it does flash an "HDR" label when starting the video). The green car in particular looks putrid, while brighter points of the sky are nowhere near the right white balance. You have been warned.

I was at Microsoft's E3 event and played FM7 on HDR-rated screens. This video does not contain the right color data, at least when played back on my LG B6's built-in media player (even though it does flash an "HDR" label when starting the video). The green car in particular looks putrid, while brighter points of the sky are nowhere near the right white balance. You have been warned.

If only they told us the truth

Oh wait

These videos should be considered highly experimental, and should not be considered like an exact representation of the colors and lighting of the final game.

Top Bottom