• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Bieber stops traffic in LA to confront paparazzi

Status
Not open for further replies.
JGL got pretty close.

I'm still surprised papparazzi exist. Who do they sell their pictures to? Do people really still buy tabloids? Anyone can snap an iPhone photo of Justin Bieber walking down the street. Seems like their jobs would be fading away considering the sheer access we have now.

I think most of it is on sites like TMZ now. It baffles me how obsessed people are over celebrities.

Any chance that was auto?

It's Ferrari so a paddle shift Auto

Zaptruder

Banned
What the hell kind of confrontation was that.

Stops car, looks at paparazzi, throws out a couple lame comments, sits there and scratches his face, then gets buzzed off by annoyed people stuck in traffic, unimpressed by who he is.

Hilarious.

Blablurn

bieber growing up man, in two years he will start to hit one of them.

but seriously, it must be annoying to get stalked all the time.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
JGL got pretty close.

I'm still surprised papparazzi exist. Who do they sell their pictures to? Do people really still buy tabloids? Anyone can snap an iPhone photo of Justin Bieber walking down the street. Seems like their jobs would be fading away considering the sheer access we have now.

oh my god I could barely stand to watch that video.

What a bunch of pompous fucking douchebags.

Fry

bieber growing up man, in two years he will start to hit one of them.

justin-bieber-pap-fight.jpg

LakeEarth

Some guy got a really nice shot of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie leaving a store. So nice that he sold the rights to use it to > 10 publications, and ended up earning nearly a hundred grand for it. For one picture.

marrec

Banned
I hate his music and his attitude just as much as the next guy, but being flanked by people who want nothing more than to record and photograph your every move sucks. This is the hell he has to exist in for making shitty music.

Why are they always rude as fuck too?

Because if they cause the celebrity to attack them they have both a potential lawsuit and high profile pictures they can sell for tens of thousands. Well that and you have to be a certain kind of person to stalk others for a living.

Edit: Having said that, whether he likes it or not, these guys are in turn an important reason he remains so high profile.

Prez

Some guy got a really nice shot of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie leaving a store. So nice that he sold the rights to use it to > 10 publications, and ended up earning nearly a hundred grand for it. For one picture.

That almost makes me want to give it a try.

If I was being harassed by paparazzi, I'd get a camera with a custom flash that's bright enough to blind people for half a minute and take pics of them.

Wait, there are three cars stopped in the middle of the road and Bieber is the one "stopping traffic?" Paparazzi like that are scum. You want to stop someone and ask for a few pictures? Fine. You see someone across the street at a cafe and snap a couple? Whatever - your right I guess. But tailing people in cars, waiting outside their homes, that shit is out of control. I never blame people for flipping out and punching these guys in the face or breaking cameras. After years of that shit, and maybe one or two guys are the absolute worst and talk shit to you all the time as they snap away, fuck that. I would go berserk.

In 5 years he'll be begging anyone to take his picture.

I would put a significant sum of money on a bet against that. He has way too much money (and smart money) behind him to burn out that quickly. He's not just putting out kiddie love songs either. Might not be your thing but he's starting to turn the corner with listenable beats, and he'll probably continue to have the best production talent fighting to work with him.

LakeEarth

That almost makes me want to give it a try.

If I was being harassed by paparazzi, I'd get a camera with a custom flash that's bright enough to blind people for half a minute and take pics of them.

They weren't even doing anything, really. It just looked good enough to put on the front page of their magazines and stuff.

If I were a celeb, I'd hire a photographer and stage a ton of really nice paparazzi photos, and flood the market with them. That way, you get a piece of the pie while lowering the demand for your pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom