• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

Pctx

Banned
VanMardigan said:
So the choice is between a high res screen (Nexus) or a good camera (s2)? I don't know why Google would de emphasize camera when it's always at the top of what consumers want and the rival has made it a point of pride for a while now.

The screen is going to be ridiculously awesome at least, but unless there are surprises, it'll be two straight disappointing conferences. Three in a row next week when Nokia unveils an n9 with Windows phone as their flagship for this year.
Which.... ironically, I'm still rooting that the Nokia delivers, but who knows.... I stilll don't trust those leaked speaks.

Toki767

My phone update isn't till July 2012 so I'm guessing it'll either be the this, the Galaxy S III, or the next Nexus phone. Whichever hits AT&T.

kehs

Banned
VanMardigan said:
So the choice is between a high res screen (Nexus) or a good camera (s2)? I don't know why Google would de emphasize camera when it's always at the top of what consumers want and the rival has made it a point of pride for a while now.

The screen is going to be ridiculously awesome at least, but unless there are surprises, it'll be two straight disappointing conferences. Three in a row next week when Nokia unveils an n9 with Windows phone as their flagship for this year.

You're forgetting the Moto announcement that starts in 30 mins...

gcubed

VanMardigan said:

its a galaxy s2 based phone, i dont see why it would have a different camera then whats on the galaxy s2

rabhw

Google performing the ultimate cockblock by stealing Moto's thunder. Not a single fuck was given about the RAZR event.

That razr looks like shite, I just saw a picture of the Samsung nexus galaxy primus Maximus and it does indeed look like what the iPhone 5 was supposed to look like according to top men. Its a bit fat at the bottom but I like it.

andycapps

VanMardigan said:

Isn't there a S II HD coming out with the same resolution as the Prime?

Copernicus said:
You're forgetting the Moto announcement that starts in 30 mins...

Quick, make an |OT|.

SimleuqiR

Technosteve said:
That razr looks like shite, I just saw a picture of the Samsung nexus galaxy primus Maximus and it does indeed look like what the iPhone 5 was supposed to look like according to top men. Its a bit fat at the bottom but I like it.

Just how I like my women.

Mariana-_Camila_Davalos--420x288.jpg

SimleuqiR

Omiee said:
lol i knew someone would post a reply like that

Well I at least made it somewhat relevant...she is holding a smartphone.
Oh, what I would give to see what that phone has seen.

Copernicus said:
I guess the RAZR is too cutting edge, even for this forum.
I'm more disappointed that you're doing a thread for the moto/verizon event, but not for the more important BlackBerry DevCon event. Seriously, dude. You dropped the ball on this one.

Sky Chief

prettyvacant77 said:
Apparently Eric Schmidt is there, possible early showing of ICS???

Like I said in the other thread maybe they will show off Xoom 2 with ICS now and Nexus Prime with ICS tonight?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Just woke up. Thanks for posting everyone! I'm reading the thread now, will add all your contributions in a bit.

Sorry the thread title wasn't good enough for you, brotkasten. :( Maybe next year.

kehs

Banned
Jtwo said:
Just woke up. Thanks for posting everyone! I'm reading the thread now, will add all your contributions in a bit.

Sorry the thread title wasn't good enough for you, brotkasten. :( Maybe next year.

There's not enough metro in the title.

nib95

Banned
Doopliss said:
If the screen is any bigger than 3.5" (optimal size) I will be massively disappointed. The size issue is a very real problem. Proof for the skeptics:

ddyfpy.jpg

What kind of dumbass actually uses his phone one handed like that? I don't even use my iPhone one handed like that. The main fingers go on the back of the device as support whilst the thumb is airborne and can click away.

large_hands.jpg

small_hands.jpg

Mariana-_Camila_Davalos--420x288.jpg

Anyway, do we have confirmed PAL specs yet?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually incredibly excited to move up to a bigger phone. You can reach. A phone doesn't just sit in your hand motionless, you're constantly sliding your hand around it. You can totally reach.

Like you cup your hand and the phone tilts sideways a little bit.

Former android user for a few years, current iOS user. If I ever use an android phone again it will only be a google (nexus) phone. Nothing pissed me off more then waiting months and months for updates while other sets were getting them, and nexus getting it day 1

Ken Masters said:
Former android user for a few years, current iOS user. If I ever use an android phone again it will only be a google (nexus) phone. Nothing pissed me off more then waiting months and months for updates while other sets were getting them, and nexus getting it day 1

Should have rooted. Hacker community does what manufacturersdon't.

Mudkips

Banned
nib95 said:
The main fingers go on the back of the device as support whilst the thumb is airborne and can click away.

He clearly doesn't know to use his main finger on the yellow side and his other finger on
the orange side, then turn it. Then spin the middle side topwise. Topwise.

Pctx

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
"We're not in a lab, we're not in a test market, and we're certainly not in a marketing department."

SHOTS FIRED
AT&T's response:
ralph-de-la-vega.jpg

"We have had 4G since 2010..."

JoeFu

Banned
Man, after look at the RAZR, the Nexus better not be Verizon exclusive. It would be kinda stupid to release 2 super high end phones the same time.

SimleuqiR

JoeFu said:
Man, after look at the RAZR, the Nexus better not be Verizon exclusive. It would be kinda stupid to release 2 super high end phones the same time.

It might be subsidized exclusive for some time. But hopefully the unlocked model can work on all USA carriers, including Sprint. I'm not sure if Sprint allows unlocked phones in their network.

BigFwoosh

JoeFu said:
Except that then Verizon would have two of the latest and greatest Android devices out there and could probably attract some new customers.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
SimleuqiR said:
It might be subsidized exclusive for some time. But hopefully the unlocked model can work on all USA carriers, including Sprint. I'm not sure if Sprint allows unlocked phones in their network.

nope

JoeFu

Banned
I guess? but it's still overkill. I dunno I'm not going to get the phone subsidized anyways so whatever. Reports are the the unlocked one works on T-Mobile 3g right?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just hope all of the gingerbread devices get the update. That is all.

PS: My best friend would probably faint if Google/Logitech finally updated his revue he bought at launch. LOL

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
JoeFu said:
I guess? but it's still overkill. I dunno I'm not going to get the phone subsidized anyways so whatever. Reports are the the unlocked one works on T-Mobile 3g right?

When the international version cleared the FCC, it had 3G bands for T-Mo and Att. So yes.

clav

SimleuqiR said:
Nope.

BigFwoosh

claviertekky said:
That would be a stupid decision if this phone is a Verizon exclusive.
I don't get this. Verizon has the largest and fastest network in the US, and it has never had a Nexus device. Plus, every other carrier has the GS2, which is a frigging awesome device as well.

Edit: Well, yeah it would suck for people on other carriers, but the fact that VZW has been lacking a Nexus while every other carrier has had one up to this point has blown for us. Now the tables are turned!

Top Bottom