• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 basic model for... 399 euros/dollars?

maltrain

I found this new in spanish here and german here.

It says Sony India updated its official site (you can see the title PS4 + 250GB disc) for a 399 euros price. They, of course, deleted the info minutes later.

This would be a "basic" model, with other alternatives.

If the conversion is 1 euro = 1 dollar... could be 399 the minimum price?

What do you think about it?

nib95

Banned
Too much imo. But I know in Euroland things are pricey. I'm not paying above £350 to £380 for the premium model.

iNvid02

a basic model with a smaller drive and lack of move/eye features sounds great

Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Rupees.jpg

Salaadin

When did Sony announce the Vita price? Was it this long before release?
Im hoping we get some price related announcement at E3.

UberTag

$399 is best-case scenario territory for both Sony and Microsoft. The fact that Microsoft won't be able to come in under that without the subsidized solution they're no longer pursuing means that Sony has the early advantage out of the gates everywhere except the UK and USA where it should be relatively even to the point of it being a statistical draw.

If a $499 model would get you 500GB, the PSEye and probably a Move controller I don't know which I would get honestly.

I might get the $399 version if we were able to easily upgrade hard drives. I'm interested in the Eye, but I already have two Move controllers (and there's no indication that those are going to change)

It says Sony India updated its official site (you can see the title PS4 + 250GB disc) for a 399 euros price. They, of course, deleted the info minutes later.

I don't often look at video game prices in euros but 399 euros is something like 500 dollars.

Sylver

Banned

This comes because sony india has revealed the price by error at 400$ this morning
http://www.sony.co.in/product/playstation+4+250+gb
So yeah 400$ looks a good price.

B.O.O.M

When did Sony announce the Vita price? Was it this long before release?
Im hoping we get some price related announcement at E3.

At E3...and it launched in Japan that holiday

So I think E3 is a safe bet. If it's not there then it will be at Gamescom

Takuya

Banned
If a $499 model would get you 500GB, the PSEye and probably a Move controller I don't know which I would get honetsly.

I might get the $399 version if we were able to easily upgrade hard drives.

The Camera is most likely bundled with every system.

Knoxcore

If they are smart they would have created a console that does not cost $900 to manufacture and sell it at an absolute minimum loss. $399 is the smart price. $299 subsidized is even smarter.

Euro and Sterling prices seem identical according to listings of the Vita on Amazon's European stores. Were this to be the case, £399 for the basic model would be absurd in my opinion; it is too expensive.

Top Bottom