• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony E3 Conference confirmed for usual time (Monday 6pm PT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fucking excited

tRInc63.gif

Tagavaka

Neo Member
I haven't even played Horizon: Zero Dawn yet but I am looking forward to any story DLC they're going to show.

(I bought the Collector's Edition but i'm backlogged with games at the moment, but I might have to bump it ahead because I can't wait to play it)

Also looking forward to anything from The Last Of Us II. That PSX teaser was the most hype i've ever been for anything in years.

I'm super excited for any surprises they might have in store too

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
For a company that does so well in Europe, they really don't care about us seeing their biggest showcase.

Kyoufu

So... What do they open with? (Knowing that Wild, Death Stranding and TLOU2 are likely still 1 to 2 years away)

Destiny 2
Gran Turismo Sports (doubtful for US market)
God Of War (already did last year)
Bloodborne 2 (if it exists)
The Lost Legacy (already opened at PSX)
Dreams (again, probably not for US market)
Detroit (see above)
Spider-Man

Or...

Something unexpected, and new? (Sucker Punch new ip, something else completely out of left field...)

In any case, I really hope the Orchestra is back.

They'll open with Destiny 2 and then they'll move into SIEWWS games like God of War etc.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
What a letdown in Hype that game seemed to be.
Check out the spoiler thread for that game. nearly everyone was blown away by it and it was the 2nd runner up in GAF GOTY.

Reviewers couldnt get past some awkward camera angles and trico not cooperating 100% of the time. Otherwise it's a magnificent game with some of the best setpieces and emotional moments this gen even uncharted 4 and Horizon cant match.

big fake

I like how Halo 5 (84%), Forza 6 (87%) and Gears (82% for Ultimate, 84% for 4) all have a better Metacritic score than The Last Guardian (82%).

What a letdown in Hype that game seemed to be.
10/10 would bait again.

Truly, what's the MO here?

Cramoss

I want some talking over a PRESS CONFERENCE unlike last year. If I wanted to see just trailers I'd create a youtube playlist and hit play.

But that's just me

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I want some talking over a PRESS CONFERENCE unlike last year. If I wanted to see just trailers I'd create a youtube playlist and hit play.

But that's just me

Safe to say you are in the minority there. I really don't want to listen to middle-aged executives or awkward developers talking excessively onstage between trailers/demos. Let the footage speak for itself.

You must love Ubisoft's conferences.

MouldyK

10/10 would bait again.

Truly, what's the MO here?

I was curious to see their reception since besides Forza, I hardly care for the others. Just thought NeoGAF would like some data is all.

I just like how funny some Hype gifs are AFTER the games come out. Like hopefully no-one posts any mentioning Scalebound haha.

daveo42

Banned
A little more than a month away. Already have days requested off work to feast at the E3 buffet. This is going to be a good year.

Cramoss

Safe to say you are in the minority there. I really don't want to listen to middle-aged executives or awkward developers talking excessively. Let the footage speak for itself.

I haven't said excessively. Tell us a bit about the game you're presenting for the world.

Melchiah

If they chance the time people living in other time zones get screwed, I get it, you want to be pampered to but I feel a "EU = ! = World" is in order.

Well, Europe is where the PlayStation brand is the most popular, and which pretty much carried the PS3 when it stumbled. So, it would be welcomed if it was actually noted, like MS does with America, where they're the most popular. Yet Sony still doesn't have equal services and content available in the PSN stores, games are often released later in Europe, European customers tend to pay more for digital games as well, and they aren't being gifted with 10$ PSN credit like Americans have been several times. If anything, Sony pamper the American customers.

Vinc

At this point I'm even excited to find out the format of the conference. I hope the orchestra is back, but I'm down for whatever.

Sony really turned this into an art form this gen. I wonder if viewership is going up. Keeping the quality up on these is a good idea as I'm sure it's a very efficient marketing strategy.

Markitron

Well, Europe is where the PlayStation brand is the most popular, and which pretty much carried the PS3 when it stumbled. So, it would be welcomed if it was actually noted, like MS does with America, where they're the most popular. Yet Sony still doesn't have equal services and content available in the PSN stores, games are often released later in Europe, European customers tend to pay more for digital games as well, and they aren't being gifted with 10$ PSN credit like Americans have been several times. If anything, Sony pamper the American customers.

Tbf, our PSN sales are way better in Europe. Agree with everything else though.

Melchiah

Tbf, our PSN sales are way better in Europe. Agree with everything else though.

Possibly, I haven't really looked the NA sales. What really irks me is when games made in Europe, like Horizon Zero Dawn and WipEout Omega Collection, are released later in their home turf.

kpaadet

Blame SIEE for that, E3 is being held by SIEA and chose the time they see fit. I'm sure changing the time for their E3 press conference to please Europeans will make up for all those mentioned issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom