• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The King of Fighters XIV |OT| ¡VIVA REY DE DINOSAURIOS!

BadWolf

None of those are really an improvement for Mai. Man, I love Mian's design more and more every time I see her.

Mian's design is so good and her high flying gameplay has a lot of potential.

Is this all in the artbook?

Most, if not all, should be in there.

Game unlocked on PSN woot! How do you unlock colours? Please don't say Survival, not again.

Of course not.

You don't unlock them at all. There are 4 colors per character and they are available from the getgo.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The only things you can unlock are the two bosses, one stage, and artwork. Just beat the story mode once to get the bosses and the stage available.

Briarios

I just picked it up and played through the tutorial and story mode once with the girls team. I have to say, I'm really digging it -- from the animation to the music, I feel like this is the best KOF I've played in awhile. I'm a casual player, though -- so, take that as you will. It also just feels so much more complete than SFV. I bought both, and as of now, this easily replaces it for me. Which is really weird, because I've always been more of a Street Fighter fan ...

I just really want Shermie and Blue Mary in XV so I can make a Grapplin' Gals team with the former two and Angel.

I wanted Blue Mary in the game, too ...

She does appear in the Girls Team ending ... so, she's not forgotten

N4Us

Forgive the bad quality image at the moment but

EDXkjrE.png

There are no extra colors to unlock AFAIK.

Aw, man :( Oh well. At least I don't have to play fucking survival.

So I'm thinking of going with Terry and Kim exclusively because I think they are cool. Is this an alright idea? Where should they be and who would be a good third?

sephi22

Ordered the Premium Edition from Amazon on Friday and it's out for delivery locally already (Los Angeles). Can't sleep in anticipation.

I have a question though, both Hellpockets in his article in the OP and LI Joe in his stream mentioned that Climaxes can be done raw or when cancelled from an EX super (level 2), but I'm able to cancel level 1s into climax in the demo for Kyo and Iori. Is this something that's been changed for the final build?

Nobody? Don't have my copy yet

JayEH

So if the host leaves the whole lobby goes down. Sucks. Haven't been able to find a ranked game yet either.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
PATCH DOWNLOADED! I STARTED THE GAME.... 12 MINUTES LEFT FOR THE INSTALL!!! MY BURNING! I WANT IT ON THE OUTSIDE NOW!!! (???) It's funny it has an install timer in game. Is this common? I'm never in much of a rush to play PS4 games, I normally just jump back to XB1 while I assume it's installing... but this... this is SPECIAL.

Man, what an OT. Main banner with Kyo going from pixel art to 3D is 10/10.

Haha, thanks for noticing it :) Sure it's no KoF XIII or such stuff, but I had fun making it in a hybrid of my style mixed with a bit of Ogura's colors / style of 2K2UM thrown in there.

This leads me to say I LOVE THE ARTBOOK the burn to fight edition comes with. The Linework is REALLY AWESOME in the book. Seeing Gang-Il show off emotions I've yet to see in game is sweet. Love how they said the women staff didn't get the appeal of his older male design, haha.

Forgive the bad quality image at the moment but

EDXkjrE.png

Heard this happened earlier, always glad to see this carried on FOR NO REASON, lol.
The artbook says we have Ogura to blame for Leona's chest "Robustness", and they noticed the stunning animation was very popular on the Internet... EL Oh EL

I just watched the Psycho Soldiers ending and I must say they really fucked up one thing.
How the fuck isn't there a Jhun cameo in a freaking Athena concert?

Tapejara

I'm having some trouble with the tutorial if anyone can help me out: I'm stuck on the super cancel lesson and just can't wrap my head around it. I'm sure it's easy, but I'm not exactly sure what to do. In another thread I was told I can hold down the attack button, but I'm just not sure of the timing.

I tried watching some YouTube videos of the tutorials, but a lot of the players fly right through it so I can't tell what I'm doing differently.

Anbec7

What is that NAT thing ?
I was trying to play but I got tha warning.
So far online has been a hit and miss.
Sometimes I get some really good matches and connections but then it goes to hell in other ones. So it's fairly like in other fighting games.

BadWolf

I'm having some trouble with the tutorial if anyone can help me out: I'm stuck on the super cancel lesson and just can't wrap my head around it. I'm sure it's easy, but I'm not exactly sure what to do. In another thread I was told I can hold down the attack button, but I'm just not sure of the timing.

I tried watching some videos of the tutorials, but a lot of it moves too fast so I can't tell what I'm doing differently.

In the tutorial Kyo super-cancels his dragon punch into his punch super (QCF QCF+P).

The motions for the dragon punch and the super overlap so you can combine them. Instead of doing the DP and then QCF QCF+P for the super, just do this:

1. Do the DP
2. When the DP hits do QCF+P (and hold P)

The first QCF is in the DP so for the super you just do one more QCF to get it.

Holding punch puts the motion in memory and makes the super come out even if you do the motion too early.

Tapejara

In the tutorial Kyo super-cancels his dragon punch into his punch super (QCF QCF+P).

The motions for the dragon punch and the super overlap so you can combine them. Instead of doing the DP and then QCF QCF+P for the super, just do this:

1. Do the DP
2. When the DP hits do QCF+P (and hold P)

The first QCF is in the DP so for the super you just do one more QCF to get it.

Holding punch puts the motion in memory and makes the super come out even if you do the motion too early.

Okay, that makes sense. I can't seem to do it in one motion though. I do the DP but once the animation starts I can't do the QCF+P until the other fighter(E: Irori, I'm an idiot) hits the ground.

BadWolf

Okay, that makes sense. I can't seem to do it in one motion though. I do the DP but once the animation starts I can't do the QCF+P until the other fighter(K Dash?) hits the ground.

No, no, you are canceling the DP. This means you have to input the QCF+P the instant the DP is hitting the opponent. This cancels the animation of the DP into the super.

In the pause menu there should be an option which plays out the super-canel tutorial for you, watch it to see when the super activates after the DP. You will notice it is the moment Kyo's DP hits the opponent. This is when you should be super-canceling.

So do the DP then immediately do the QCF+P and hold the P for the super.

Amedo310

Excuse me for my ignorance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone who is trying to find edit team ending art, I tried the obvious ones through the story mode like KOF heroes (Kyo, K', Shun) and Team Korea (Kim, Chang, Choi) and got nothing from either playthrough. I am going try team Nest next.

Holy fuck the lag is so bad. Full bars means nothing. Shit is like I'm swimming underwater.

Weird thing is, during one of the worst matches, it suddenly sped up and went back to normal! Crazy.

Tapejara

No, no, you are canceling the DP. This means you have to input the QCF+P the instant the DP is hitting the opponent. This cancels the animation of the DP into the super.

In the pause menu there should be an option which plays out the super-canel tutorial for you, watch it to see when the super activates after the DP. You will notice it is the moment Kyo's DP hits the opponent. This is when you should be super-canceling.

So do the DP then immediately do the QCF+P and hold the P for the super.

Hmm, I'm watching videos and I can see that, yeah. I guess I'm just not inputting it the QCF + P fast enough. Will give it some practice then.

Top Bottom