• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GVN Winter Brawl 6 | Fighting game tournament | 2012 February 18-19

USD

Winter Brawl 6 Trailer

STREAM

There will be three streams for the event, provided by Team Sp00ky, 8WayRun, and Kombat Network.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun
http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

INFO

Winter Brawl 6 is a part of the Road to EVO 2012 season, offering seeding points for KOF XIII, MK, SCV, SSFIV AE and UMvC3. SSFIV AE and UMvC3 will have a $500 pot bonus. SoulCalibur V will have a $1000 prize bonus, and the winner of the tournament will also receive round trip fight and free badge tournament entry to Final Round XV, which will have a $5000 prize bonus for SoulCalibur V.

SPONSORS

Big E Gaming
Gaming Vision Network
Team Sp00ky
8WayRun.com
Mad Catz
Namco Bandai Games
Test Your Might
DMG

GAMES

Arcana Heart 3
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift EXTEND
Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core
The King of Fighters XIII
Melty Blood: Actress Again Current Code
Mortal Kombat
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Ver. 2012
SoulCalibur V
Tekken 6
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Side Games
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Killer Instinct
Mortal Kombat II
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Vampire Savior

PLAYERS

Justin Wong and fLoE will be attending. Will complete later, but in general, expect your major players NY, NJ, MD, etc. to be there.

AquaSilk
Banana Ken
Chris G
Chris Hu
Demon Hyo
Di3mini0n
DJ Huoshen
Dr. Chaos
Fecal Penance
FlashMetroid
Flocker
fLoE
Gridman
Insayne
Jeron
Josh Wong
Juicebox Abel
Justin Wong
LuckyD
Lud
MarlinPie
MastaCJ
Megaman Steve
Moons
Noel Brown
RayRay
RDK
Rebelo
Royal Flush
Ruin
RTD
Sabin
Santhrax
Sherryjenix
Steve H
Unkn0wn
Weaksauc3
Winrich
WolfKrone
IFC Yipes

SCHEDULE

All times are EST (GMT -5). The below is a general schedule, not a stream schedule, and as usual, is tentative as well as incomplete.

SATURDAY

Teams

10AM SSFIV AE Ver.2012 3v3-- 10am (Single elimination until top 8)
10:30AM UMvC3 3v3 (Single elimination until top 8), BB:CS EX 2v2, MBAACC
12PM SCV 3v3
5PM SFIII:3S 3v3

Singles

12PM Tekken 6
1PM BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND
2PM SoulCalibur V
2:30PM Arcana Heart 3
3PM KOF XIII, MK
4PM SSFIV AE Ver.2012

SUNDAY

11AM SSFIV AE Ver.2012, UMvC3
2PM Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Awesome thread as always USD!

Sadly, I won't be able to take part in the thread chat since I'll be too busy being at Winter Brawl playing Melty Blood haha ;D

Noaloha

What UMvC3 team is Flash using these days? Last I saw on OptionSelect's stream (and this was a few months ago) he was trolling people left and right with Jamming Bomb set-ups on a solid point-MODOK team. I wanted him to take that places.

Riou

They really seem to be pushing SC5 a lot, with the pot bonus and the free trip to Final Round. Hopefully there will be lots of hype KoF XIII matches.

USD

Also remember that WGC is also running this weekend, though starting and finishing early in the day. OzHadou Nationals X (OHNX) in Australia, which is also a Road to EVO 2012 tournament, is currently running. When I tuned in, they screwed on the first several matches though, because they weren't running Ver.2012, haha.

What UMvC3 team is Flash using these days? Last I saw on OptionSelect's stream (and this was a few months ago) he was trolling people left and right with Jamming Bomb set-ups on a solid point-MODOK team. I wanted him to take that places.
I'm not even sure any more, all I know is that Flash really doesn't care for UMvC3 at all. I expect he to at least do decent though, he is still good.

kirblar

Whoa, why is it single elimination now (well before top 8). I thought everybody preferred double elimination.

NVM its just for teams
Team formats really need to be single-elim nowadays, they just take too long otherwise.

Looking forward to some of that Morrigan action from Chris G.

Also really excited to see some SCV action since I haven't picked up the game yet. Looks like there should be a lot of good matches.

Wunder

Wee, get hype! Are the team tournaments going to be any good? Or is it kind of a side thing? Also has anyone been watching WGC or OHNX OzHadou?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UMvC3 single elim until top 8? Yikes. Do not like.

I'll be missing Winter Brawl but I expect good things.

Duxxy3

Winterbrawl has been cancelled in favor of a final fantasy vii speed run. Better luck next time stream monsters.

I'll be missing Winter Brawl but I expect good things.

Marvel teams are single elim. Marvel singles apparently don't even start until tomorrow.

Top Bottom