• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa V3 Confirmed for 2016, Trailer Pics, Danganronpa 3 Anime (SPOILERS)

FluxWaveZ

ADDITIONAL INFO (2015-12-08)
Information from the furage:

DR V3
  • DR V3 has the same series flow as the previous main games. There is the day-to-day structure, an investigation part, and the class trials.
  • As revealed previously, there are new class trial elements such as "Scrum Discussion" and "Panic Discussion," where a certain divide in the debate occurs.
  • "Scrum Discussion" is like a team competition, where a group of people are divided into two sides to face each other. [Sounds to me kind of like the concept of a rebuttal showdown, except it's not 1v1]
  • The team wants to introduce an alternate way to debate which focuses on using bullets to "lie." They want to create an alternate route which has the player create forgeries through fake bullets. [Sounds like making bluffs ala Ace Attorney in order to progress an argument]
  • "Panic Discussion" will be talked about in the future.
  • The "V" in V3 is there to differentiate it from the previous games, and also symbolizes "Victory."
  • While the game flow remains the same, the game production is being considerably improved.
  • There has been improvement to the day-to-day part of the game and how the hero interacts with the other characters.
  • The high school is surrounded by a cage, out in a garden. There's also a hotel in the garden.
  • There are 16 characters who are part of the game this time, with the 3 in the key visual included. The developers are not saying whether the main character is one of those 3 characters.
DR3
  • DR3 is a whole new project as a sequel.
  • They were originally going to make an anime adaptation of DR2.
  • If DR3 was going to be a game, they wanted to include class trials, but the thought of putting the Hope's Peak sudents through another round of mutual killing was a bit too strained/painful. So they decided to finish things as an anime.
  • DR3 takes place immediately after DR2. [Sounds like there's actually no time skip]
  • They believe DR3 tells a story that can only be told through anime.
  • There are elements of suspense like in the games, but it's not as much about the deductions and reasoning.
Miscellaneous
  • It is difficult to complete both projects simultaneously, but they are doing so without compromise because opportunities like this do not come up often.
  • Producer Yoshinori Terasawa states that the development is 120% complete. Actually, that's a lie.
Most of that should be accurate, but apologies if there are any translation errors. Sounds like the assumption that DR3 actually takes place after a time skip from DR2 was wrong; it seems to take place immediately after the events of DR2, which makes it fully apparent that Makoto has been detained by Future Foundation because of the stunt he pulled in DR2.

That also makes it sound like there really won't be many ties from DR3 to V3.

DR V3 TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfMqURJ3ZfE
DR3 ANIME TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9AQjGxQGdw
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://www.danganronpa.com/2016/

Along with this week's Famitsu feature, the Danganronpa V3 conference just happened and announced a few things.

New Danganronpa V3: A New Semester for Everyone's Killing Life
mainvisual1.jpg

The Vita and PS4 sequel to Danganronpa 2 has been confirmed for a 2016 release date.

A new trailer was shown at the conference, but all we have are pictures from it right now. Via Inside Games: http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2015/12/02/93597.html

Also, DRV3 will focus on 'lies' and the trailer ends by asking if you can make use of them. Aims to take place in a "super-cool" school this time.

Famitsu goes a bit further on the "lies" thing in their article and says the trials this time will rely on lying to take down your opponent's arguments. One of the screens has someone accusing someone else of bluffing, so I guess we've got our new strategy to go along with contradicting and supporting evidence...!

Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak

A new anime was announced as well, which will be coming out in 2016.

Anime is confirmed to take place after SDR2 (duh) and be the "conclusion" to the Hope's Peak storyline. Features Naegi, Asahina, Kirigiri, Hagakure, PV showed off scenes meant to bring Jabberwock Island to mind. Kodaka thinks it'll satisfy fans of the series, and says it uses tricks that can only be done in anime.

It seems a promotional video was shown for it, too, but we only have shots and concept art.

Other sources: Famitsu (DR V3); Famitsu (DR3 Anime); Games Talk (DR V3)

It's not ideal, but I'm fine with them closing out the Hope's Peak saga with an anime. Getting a new saga of despair going could be exciting.

Drago

This is a thing
CVNCsZPU4AA39Eb.jpg

Google translato:
"Danganrompa fog off 4" for release (Release Date TBD). In addition, from 2016 winter, Soda Waichi is hero "Super Danganronpa2 Waichi Soda in the desperate causality", series start determined by the comic clear!

https://twitter.com/famitsu

GSR

Slight edit I made to my post on the DRV3 setting: it's more of a pun saying it'll be a "super/psycho-cool" school this time. (They write サイコクール, where サイコ is nearly 最高/super, but is also just "psycho".)

Also, from one of the Famitsu screens: the school this time is Saishuu Academy (才囚 = kanji from "talent" and "prisoner".)

I'm glad the new game is something else and I'm glad they're concluding the Hope's Peak saga. Because holy fuck if they did continue it then they'd have to force class trials again and bring
Junko
in because reasons.

mp1990

Banned
Guess we can expect some links between the anime and V3, right ? New characters and setting are cool and all, but would be a shame to see everything they've been building on the past 3 games to just vanish into thin air.

GSR

This is a thing
CVNCsZPU4AA39Eb.jpg

Google translato:
"Danganrompa fog off 4" for release (Release Date TBD). In addition, from 2016 winter, Soda Waichi is hero "Super Danganronpa2 Waichi Soda in the desperate causality", series start determined by the comic clear!

https://twitter.com/famitsu

They announced a fourth Danganronpa Kirigiri novel, as well as a comic starring Kazuichi, "Super Dangan Ronpa 2 - Kazuichi Soda's Despair-Inducing Cause-and-Effect" (or something like that, that's a super rough translation.)

Using the anime to end off the storyline of Hope's Peak works. It gives closure, and allows to start a new storyline of despair with V3. Seemed like it'd be weird if they did the highschool thing again without resolving stuff. This works! I'm incredibly hyped for ROBOT AHOGES.

salromano

New Danganronpa V3 was confirmed for 2016 on Monday. =P

But all the new infos!! I'm refreshing Spike Chunsoft's YouTube like a madman. (Dangan is one of my favorite series!)

FluxWaveZ

New Danganronpa V3 was confirmed for 2016 on Monday. =P

Oh yeah, I somehow missed that in the Famitsu preview article.

Don't know how I feel about the V3 robot protagonist. Weird direction to go with.

I'm guessing what Makoto did in Danganronpa 2 might have actually had repercussions with Future Foundation, resulting in his detainment? Maybe not, though, considering the time skip.

Was there ever a Danganronpa 2 anime? Or are they just gonna skip it?

The adaption of 1 isn't very good. And with this they don't need to follow a script and plot already pre-established. Plus not having to follow the current Danganronpa formula in a game means they can at least finish off the storyline without introducing bullshit.

Rich!

I always assumed it was Teruteru.

Nah, its implied he
was cannibalistic

This is what the characters of DR2 did:

Mikan: took Junko's ovaries
Kuyruzu - replaced his eye with hers
Nagito - the hand
Akane - starved herself
Soda - mass murderer (shown in DR2 with an automatic weapon)
Sonia - gave her parents to be experimented on
Teruteru - cooked up people
Mioda - mass suicide influenced by her music

I don't know about Nidai, Gundham or Mahiru though. We didn't get clues for them.

Kinda worried about the Hope's Peak closure thing, I loved the whole Ultimates deal.
That said, Roboegi is pretty fucking sweet.
Please come to West in 2016

Tizoc

Nah, its implied he
was cannibalistic

Nagito - the hand
Akane - starved herself

I don't know about Nidai, Gundham or Mahiru though. We didn't get clues for them.
That is fucked up woah.

I'm not thrilled by Cyborg Raiden's looks, just hope he makes for an interesting lead (because let's face it, the ahoge is the unmistakable mark of the protagonist in this series). I know Ultra Despair Girls is pretty divisive around here, but I personally enjoyed Komaru as a protagonist a lot over Makoto and Hajime. Curious to see what this guy is like.

PK Gaming

Nah, its implied he
was cannibalistic

Nagito - the hand
Akane - starved herself

Absolutely none of that was ever corroborated...

Top Bottom