• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Syrus

Banned
Crap! I have 5tb external that is about 74% full already.. Didn't even think about the extra space 4k textures will take up on my external. What model 8tb is everyone going with?

Would be nice if Microsoft implemented those space saving techniques for their games I seem to recall reading about not that long ago haha

What games are you downloading 4k packs for?? I didnt think any were released yet

Pein

Banned
Preordered mine at gamestop, wanted to go through amazon but thats been blocked out and I was walking by and a hundred in my pocket so why not.

Bickle2

Yeah, but I want a big info dump in a single, nicely produced video. Something that gets you informed and super hyped, like a good Nintendo Direct. I don't want to track every MS PR channel for little scraps of information here and there. I subscribe to the Xbox Youtube channel; that should be enough. They haven't posted any significant new information on Xbox One X since E3.

They won’t start the big dumps until a week or two before launch. Let’s face it, given how certain parties parse and twist every word you say, fo you blame them for waiting until they start mainstream press? I suggest you hit Mike Ybarra on twitter if you have specific questions. He does answer them when he’s able to, and he definitely is in the know on the specifics. Just understand the answers to many of your questions are constantly in flux up until very close to launch. They’ve said everything they need to do so people can make an informed preorder. And if you’re not sure, or they haven’t told enough for your satisfaction, , then wait. If you have Scorpio on preorder, you’ll have a week or more to return it, or you can cancel it.

Mista

Banned
I pre-ordered the Scorpio edition from Amazon US. The only thing im worried about is the power plug, cause I don’t live in the US and our power plugs looks different.

Orca

On the pre-order release day I had pre-ordered through Walmart with some misgivings about delivery, but managed to get one from Microsoft later in the day. I've been going back and forth on keeping both and replacing both of the consoles in the house - original plan was replace the launch unit and move the Xbox One S to that spot - and had decided I'd cancel the Walmart pre-order. Only I can't.

There's nowhere to cancel your order and the website lists nothing for cancellation options. All you can do is wait to get it, then take it back to a Walmart nearby or have it mailed back.

Seriously?

On the pre-order release day I had pre-ordered through Walmart with some misgivings about delivery, but managed to get one from Microsoft later in the day. I've been going back and forth on keeping both and replacing both of the consoles in the house - original plan was replace the launch unit and move the Xbox One S to that spot - and had decided I'd cancel the Walmart pre-order. Only I can't.

There's nowhere to cancel your order and the website lists nothing for cancellation options. All you can do is wait to get it, then take it back to a Walmart nearby or have it mailed back.

Seriously?

Calling them is your best bet. The cancel button is only available for the first 30 minutes after you place the order.

The new Dashboard Update just became available for all. I'm downloading as we speak so I can start downloading these 4K patches...

Now all I need is Amazon US to confirm release date shipping.

I'm looking to get an external drive in prep for the X, now that the new XBO OS update is out.

Is there any reason to get this external drive that requires a power brick:

http://a.co/gkuRYXF

over this one that doesn't?

http://a.co/4vUZzLV

Only a $5 difference, and I like the smaller form factor of the second one and the fact that I don't have to find a power outlet for it :p

I'm looking to get an external drive in prep for the X, now that the new XBO OS update is out.

Only a $5 difference, and I like the smaller form factor of the second one and the fact that I don't have to find a power outlet for it :p

Desktop drive vs. Laptop drive. You won't see much difference in performance. As for power usage, the USB powered drive is on when the XB1 is on, the wall powered drive is always on. Unless you unplug it of course.

Are any 4K patches actually available? I assumed Forza Horizon 3 was getting one, but I haven’t seen anything download yet unless it already did it behind the scenes.

Podge293

Are any 4K patches actually available? I assumed Forza Horizon 3 was getting one, but I haven’t seen anything download yet unless it already did it behind the scenes.

Was just about to ask the same. Was looking for the Gears 4 one but couldn't find a thing.

Did click the download 4k box tho so might be in the background

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
As of right now gears 4 is the only game that's in the enhanced for Xbox one X tab so I feel like they have pushed an update of sorts. But file size has stayed the same.

If stores are doing midnight openings and have extra project scorpio stock, I am dumping my terrible amazon preorder and rolling over to best buy.

When i picked up my 2 "PreOrdered" Switches at Midnight at Best Buy there were 2 lines, 1 for preorders and another for just walkins. They had a good amount extra as both lines were just about as long as one another.

Also, i was just at my local Walmart today and seen no marketing material on the One X, i was a bit surprised, i was expecting to see something! No mention of it whatsoever.

Is MS even marketing the One X? This launch definitely seems different from you average system launch. It feels as if MS is gonna allow most of it's marketing to be handled by the hardcore gamers getting the word out for them, as MS did claim the One X is not geared towards your average consumer.

Just hope their marketing isn't as lazy as Sony was with the Pro. There are still people i talk to who have no Idea what the Pro is! All they know is "PS4".

I pre-ordered the Scorpio edition from Amazon US. The only thing im worried about is the power plug, cause I don’t live in the US and our power plugs looks different.

I seen this on another site, you may need a transformer brother, although not sure how consoles work with this kind of stuff, consoles may have their own built in. I'd check with MS customer support before plugging the thing in if i were you.

"There are four differences between using US appliances in the UK : the voltage ( US = 120V, UK = 240V ), the number of watts the product draws (different for each product), the frequency ( US = 60 Hz, UK = 50 Hz ), and the plug on the power cord. In order to convert, you must use a transformer, which is a unit that you plug into the wall and then plug your American appliances into."

Dabanton

Walked past my local MS Store and saw that they'll be doing an Xbox One X launch event. Annoying that I can't switch my Scorpio edition to in store pickup.

MCD

No no no

You no longer need a transformer with Xbox One S and X. Internal Power Supply is universal. The only thing you will need is to change American two prong cable to your country's plug for the socket.

easy.

No no no

You no longer need a transformer with Xbox One S and X. Internal Power Supply is universal. The only thing you will need is to chage American two prong cable to your country's plug for the socket.

easy.

Awesome! Yea i figured, my brother just purchased a super famicon and a Saturn from Japan not long ago and his house hasn't blown up yet! lol Just being careful here, would hate to see $500 down the drain.

Thx for that!

FN-2187

Ended up cancelling my pre-order. Just can't justify paying $689.98cdn for a system.

Com’on man, don’t include the tax! That’s going to make me have second thoughts. Don’t you have a current Xbox you can trade or sell to make it more reasonable?

Hazard

Neo Member

The Xbox One X is multi-voltage, just like the Xbox One S
So you just need a AC cable from your region or a adapter, that's it

Spasm

As of right now gears 4 is the only game that's in the enhanced for Xbox one X tab so I feel like they have pushed an update of sorts. But file size has stayed the same.
I have zero games listed in the Enhanced tab, even though I sat there and watched FM7 download the 4k assets, and it's just shy of 100gigs installed. I wonder if it's cause it's an older Xbox and not an S. Weird.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have to admit that it seems like MS has completely hit the brakes on promoting this.

My hope was that MS would go all out trying to promote this. Mainly I was hoping it would push older titles to get updates.

However, it did lead to Witcher 3 getting a patch on both this and the PS4 Pro.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Seems like they are still readily available to pre-order on Amazon UK. My plan is to pick one up in-store a couple of days before Christmas so this bodes well for me.

I'm feeling the hype! I won't have the money to get one on launch day, but I'm anxiously awaiting my christmas bonus from work to see if its in the cards for this holiday. If not, I should be able to get mine early next year.

I just bought the one linked first yesterday after needlessly banging my head against the wall over which hard drive to go with. In short, any of these will do. Do not overthink these

Maybe we won't be seeing much new things anymore before launch. Would have been nice to see the dashboard to see how much faster it is, it should be. But then again we have that dashboard now too.

I see quite a few people lamenting what they consider to be a lack of marketing for the One X right now. From what I've seen, MS is gearing up for a really big push sometime quite soon. Major Nelson didn't do a free code friday last week because he was busy with prep.

I'm just wondering if that hype will start this week, or next?

Orca

Ended up cancelling my pre-order. Just can't justify paying $689.98cdn for a system.

Friends in Ontario ordered theirs and had it shipped to me in Alberta. I can get it shipped there for way less than the $60 difference.

Calling them is your best bet. The cancel button is only available for the first 30 minutes after you place the order.

I'm leaning back towards keeping both. Got Network Transfer working well last week, so I might just sync all the HDD and upgrade all the boxes at once.

TLZ

Banned
I seen this on another site, you may need a transformer brother, although not sure how consoles work with this kind of stuff, consoles may have their own built in. I'd check with MS customer support before plugging the thing in if i were you.

"There are four differences between using US appliances in the UK : the voltage ( US = 120V, UK = 240V ), the number of watts the product draws (different for each product), the frequency ( US = 60 Hz, UK = 50 Hz ), and the plug on the power cord. In order to convert, you must use a transformer, which is a unit that you plug into the wall and then plug your American appliances into."
No need for transformers with consoles anymore. That's a thing of the past.

dieter

Neo Member
Deciding between this or upgrading my gtx970 for a 1070.

What are the day 1s for the xb1x?

I'd say look at what is your preferred platform. If you prefer playing games on PC, then go for that. I like doing my gaming on console, so I'll be playing all the major releases on there. Forza 7 and Witcher 3 DLC will probably take most of my time though, then some Call of Duty, Battlefront 2 etc. If you have a PC, then there aren't really any day 1 launch exclusives for the new xbox, it just comes down to if you prefer PC or Console for gaming.

Top Bottom