• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Call of Duty: WWII to launch on November 3rd

bombshell

Looks like a Playstation marketing logo in the top left corner. Sigh. So again a 30 day longer wait to get access to content I paid for.

Fuck you Sony, fuck you Activision, fuck every company who does this, fuck the people who make these deals. You aren't bringing better "value" to your costumers, you're actively fucking over costumers.

Did you complain with similar intensity about the CoD deal last gen too?

Dude... D day returns.

Maybe this is weird, but I love historical war games... It puts me in a somber mood and I'm filled with grief, respect, and gratitude.

It's a good place to be honestly. Makes you think.

Whats so special this holiday? Seems like 2013 all over again

Destiny. Battlefield(battlefront), Assassins, COD

Yeah, just about everything I'm really interested in is a maybe, right now, for Fall.

Red Dead 2, South Park, Spiderman/God of War, Bethesdas rumored ip. and possibly if good Far Cry 5.

Surpised no one has mentioned this, but what about if they packed in a fully remastered CoD 2?

I'm in either way, but I think it would be a nice nod to their heritage and a chance to showcase how good the new tech is (even if the remastered Cod 2 multiplayer might actually end up better).

BBboy20

I'm upset they didn't revert back to the classic metal COD logo for this one.

Call-Of-Duty-Logo-4.jpg
Yeah, would have up-balance the WW2 subtitle, at least.

The funny thing is that Advance Warfare appeared to actually asked what "Call of Duty" meant in it's narrative so if they can apply that drive and make it the heart of this game...hhmm.

Jblanks

Surpised no one has mentioned this, but what about if they packed in a fully remastered CoD 2?

I'm in either way, but I think it would be a nice nod to their heritage and a chance to showcase how good the new tech is (even if the remastered Cod 2 multiplayer might actually end up better).

Doesn't really make sense imo. Not many people who still play CoD even played CoD2, and want to play it again. Also the vast majority would be playing the new CoD which is set in the same era as CoD2, so it doesn't make a lot of sense. It's not like Cod4 and IW - where one introduced the series and was the favourite for a lot of people but was boots on the ground and modern era vs. a new CoD which was in a futuristic era and had wall running and boosting.

As someone who hated AW, I'll wait for MP footage, impressions, and maybe a beta before I make my choice. I've only enjoyed Blops2/3 in the last 5-6 years.

Caayn

Why exactly is it an anti-consumer practice?

What about exclusive games? It is the same principle. Are they being anti-consumer releasing games exclusively for their platforms? If not, what is the argument here?
The fact that consumer X and Y both pay the same amount yet consumer Y get contents first.

Exclusive games are different from this, they too can be shitty for different reasons but you don't pay for them if you can't play them. Exclusive games where they would exist in their current form without funding from one of the big three are shitty as well.
Did you complain with similar intensity about the CoD deal last gen too?
If you mean that I'd dislike it when Microsoft or Nintendo does this, yes.

I've bought CoD on both PS4 and XB1 this gen, each time on the platform where the platform owner didn't have the marketing deal.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I've bought CoD on both PS4 and XB1 this gen, each time on the platform where the platform owner didn't have the marketing deal.

Why? As a statement? Or did you switch platforms at a really inopportune time?

Pachimari

That WWII subtitle looks so bad ugh.

But I'm definitely in day one. I've been waiting for a World War II Call of Duty ever since Call of Duty 2, which is still my favourite in the series.

COD 1 was one of my favorite PC shooters of all time. and then COD 2 was so good too. I'm ready for this.

the developers are long gone now but hopefully these guys can recapture something here.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
So Sony have RDR, Destiny, Battlefront2 and this? Damn.

Devs want to go where the bigger market is, makes sense

This year is looking to be one of the best years in gaming in terms of japenese games and big budget western games.

So much to look forward too, and i havnt even played everything from Q1 yet. Very excited for this game

haveheart

Banned
Do we know anything regarding the engine yet?

And isn't a CoD coming out in November, well, very old news?

How can you get hyped for that? I wonder how this game could be better than CoD 2...

Doesn't really make sense imo. Not many people who still play CoD even played CoD2, and want to play it again. Also the vast majority would be playing the new CoD which is set in the same era as CoD2, so it doesn't make a lot of sense. It's not like Cod4 and IW - where one introduced the series and was the favourite for a lot of people but was boots on the ground and modern era vs. a new CoD which was in a futuristic era and had wall running and boosting.

Source? CoD2 was only 2005 - we're old(er) but we're not dead! From what I read/hear CoD2 is revered as much as CoD4 from a classic gameplay perspective. I played and loved both (2 and 4) and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Cod2 is such a classic that Battalion 1944 (a kickstarter game - 300% funded in a month) is trying to capture the CoD2 gameplay feel almost down the metal, even recreating the time it takes to scope certain weapons (source: bombcast).

I think associating the two, old and new, is a great way to draw in former CoD players who grew tired of the modern setting but still have a fondness for their CoD2 days, and also interest a new generation of kids in one of the most important and horrific wars humanity has ever fought. It also might sell a few extra copies :).

Kalentan

Do we know anything regarding the engine yet?

And isn't a CoD coming out in November, well, very old news?

How can you get hyped for that? I wonder how this game could be better than CoD 2...

It will use the same engine as AW. Probably with some enhancements but same engine none-the-less.

MWR used the same engine.

Auctopus

I'm upset they didn't revert back to the classic metal COD logo for this one.

Call-Of-Duty-Logo-4.jpg

Modern COD has been around for so long now, it's not a matter of "going back" but introducing their core audience to WW2 Combat. Which means it makes more sense to stick with their refined/modern logo.

Sledgehammer.

It's a pattern.

2014 - Sledgehammer, 2015 - Treyarch, 2016 - Infinity Ward, 2017 - Sledgehammer, 2018 - Treyarch, 2019 - Infinity Ward and so on and so forth.

Last COD I played was BLOPS 3. AW was an ok single player game but I hated the multiplayer on that one. Will be curious to see a return to WWII setting. I can take a pass at anything IW anymore.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Welp, here it is guys, Nazi Jet Packs. Shhhhh don't tell CoD devs.:
http://wonderfulengineering.com/this-secret-nazi-jetpack-from-world-war-ii-enabled-soldiers-to-fly/

nazi-jetpack.jpg

nazi-jetpack2-610x377.jpg

By the end of World War II, the Nazis were in a lot of trouble. Most of their weapons factories and airfields had been destroyed by combined Allied bombing, and morale was very low. It seemed imminent to the Nazi leadership that at this rate, the Third Reich's reign over much of Europe will end in no time. So, to balance the military books, the Germans turned to develop cutting edge and somewhat insane technologies to become technologically superior to their rivals. We all know about the Nazi research into Nuclear weapons and rocket technology. Although they couldn't reach anywhere with the former, in the latter case they were quite successful and made several short-range rockets though it saw no action in war. Many of these desperate attempts to excel in military technology helped us later on in space exploration too. This jetpack, on the other hand, didn't help us much.

I've been playing CoD campaigns since Modern Warfare 1, really enjoy them all with the exception of Ghosts.

I've never been more hyped for a CoD game in a long time.

I'd love to see them do something different with the gameplay, and not just essentially give us World at War 2.0. That's probably too much to ask for though.

Steiner

Banned
Does anyone else think that the PlayStation sticker at the to right look strange / shopped, or am I just overly cynical and skeptical?

Top Bottom