• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

KodaRuss

What the hell ever happened to the damn funko pop style figures that they teased. My desk is really asking for an Ash or a IQ one.

OUoaPezb.jpg

EDIT: Well, I can answer my own question. Summer 2017, My birthday is in June Gaf...perfect timing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5rwp3h/chibi_figures_coming_summer_2017/

fr0st

Banned
Three days after implementing 'fuck this guy' matchmaking R6 would go from 20 minute queue times to infinity.

I like it when randoms come through for me though. This might be my favorite ace that I've gotten: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Pegasus Actual/video/28326603

A bit of a surprise ace, I didn't realize I got the random wall-bang while fighting Montagne until I watched it back a couple of times. In the heat of the moment I was just confused because I thought I headshotted him but then he was still alive.

Anyway, the randoms... Valkyrie with the boss camera that I wanted. Literally all I was trying to do from the start of that clip (and probably a full minute prior) was to jump out that window for the flank. But somehow I got wrapped up in a situation where I had to kill the entire rest of the team to be allowed to do it! Boss random Echo takes care of my Montagne problem for me, and he was even getting Yokai in position to help with the second to last guy!

hey how did you get the fps and ping numbers at the bottom?

Syncytia

So I've pretty much only played T hunt with a bit of multiplayer here and there and I almost like it but I just get destroyed in multiplayer and I don't know how to get better. Sometimes I enjoy the game but other times not so much. The camping aspect of this game annoys me a lot - last night I was killed through a little hole in the wall that a guy was sitting behind.

I'll watch those strategy videos posted above... but I do know this is supposed to be a team game, maybe I just need some teammates :(

Also, any of the year one operators worth unlocking? I've got enough to unlock one right now and can't decide if they're worth it. I've got maybe 10 operators unlocked so far. If a few of them are worth it I'll probably just buy the year one bundle as I don't have the time to grind it out unlocking too many of them.

KodaRuss

You don't even play this game anymore. No way, bruh.

I've been in the trenches. I am more deserving of being showered with gifts.

I have been sucked into some single player games recently... Nioh, Horizon and I havent even started Nier: Automata yet. Ill usually spend 1 night a week playing Siege but Ill be playing more once I beat Horizon this weekend.

You can actually already preorder them as well. http://store.ubi.com/us/ubi-workshop/brands/six-siege/

Montagne
Smoke
Ash
IQ
Tachanka

Hmmm, honestly none of them are my favorite characters, I would love a Blitz but I think I am going to get IQ, Tachanka and Smoke or Montagne.

587de34fca1a644f5e8b4567-collectible-2_six_siege_Tachanka_figurine.jpg

andycapps

Yeah it's somewhere in the options. And the ping numbers are weird. On PC I get like 30ms better across the board.
From what I've been told, the ones on the scoreboard are only a ballpark estimate as they're only refreshed every 10 seconds or so. The other one tells you right away what your ping is.

-Deimos

I have been sucked into some single player games recently... Nioh, Horizon and I havent even started Nier: Automata yet. Ill usually spend 1 night a week playing Siege but Ill be playing more once I beat Horizon this weekend.

You can actually already preorder them as well. http://store.ubi.com/us/ubi-workshop/brands/six-siege/

Montagne
Smoke
Ash
IQ
Tachanka

Hmmm, honestly none of them are my favorite characters, I would love a Blitz but I think I am going to get IQ, Tachanka and Smoke or Montagne.

587de34fca1a644f5e8b4567-collectible-2_six_siege_Tachanka_figurine.jpg
I need a Frost figurine asap.

Disgraced

The Glaz buff Is frustrating because he's so strong now that every pro league team is picking him for every match. I'd rather see everyone pick Montagne than do the same thing with Glaz every round: smoke everything, Glaz take out a couple before he gets taken out, rinse and repeat.

Think they're going to take Glaz's smoke grenades away so that he'll have to work with other operators. Or maybe they reduce the 3 smokes to 2. I don't think they'll take the thermal away though, but who knows. Maybe you try to make other operators stronger to counter him. Give Pulse back his range and instant switch again maybe.
That wouldn't be bad. On the sub somebody suggested a forced green laser sight and another suggested adding scope blinking, which I like. *Another suggestion is Mute affecting the scope, which could be cool too. Still, the economic fix is taking smokes away and/or adjusting the gun's stats somehow. The ultimate fix would be a combination of all these concepts, but that's another overhaul entirely—one they probably can't invest into.

What boggles my mind is the idea that a Glaz and Monty meta are somehow worse than the original Blackbeard. Even Glaz in his current state is more team-oriented than any rendition of Blackbeard. I say this as someone who thinks the last nerf Blackbeard received was a little harsh. And Monty, for all his power, is one of the most team-oriented operators in the game by default—by nature.

If ever the game is reverted to a state where both Blackbeard and Blitz are pervasive, I will fucking flip a lid.
Ha, nice play. When that shotty works, it works. I actually like to use it on my beloved Mute on maps with tight corridors where I want to make lots of holes.

KodaRuss

Whatever. I'm more impressed by itsyaboii_alan.

I got a good laugh out of his name. I had to get back into the groove of things last night after taking some time off but I went 3-1 ranked.

Tried to join a casual game first but got kicked because the team decided to "kick the random" This player base sometimes....

I got a good laugh out of his name. I had to get back into the groove of things last night after taking some time off but I went 3-1 ranked.

Tried to join a casual game first but got kicked because the team decided to "kick the random" This player base sometimes....

Yeah, it's the worst I've seen of any game.

I'll hopefully get some playing time tonight myself.

Disgraced

Yeah, it's the worst I've seen of any game.

I'll hopefully get some playing time tonight myself.
People say that for every game. Although I don't say that to diminish the toxicity that exists among the R6 player base. I'm on spring break, but my usual squadmates are busy, so I've been using Xbox's "Looking for Group" function lately, and fuckin' A have I encountered some total assholes. Fortunately, I'm not a "squeaker" or woman and my skill is only second to worst, but by god as soon the salty slurring and AH THERE'S NO FUCKING WAY WHAT A HACKERs come out I ride out the match and capital b-a-i-l—BAIL.

Long story short, Xbox Live is still terrible and people are still evil.

Speaking of, I did create an Xbox club for GAFers a little while back and we are active, so if you would like in, let me know!

mf.luder

Operator idea: indestructible drone during preparation phase. Can still be jammed. Maybe even more prone to being jammed. Only gets 1 drone per round.

What about a hibana-style drone? Drone that makes a new little hole for other drones. This would ideally work for twitch which can't jump.

Both are recon-based attackers.

The first was inspired by a Reddit post that said a defender could coat cameras with a bulletproof ceramic shell ensuring they don't get destroyed.

Just read a comment on the subreddit that for April Fools, Ubi should swap Attackers & Defenders positions around.

Good, fun idea. Too good and fun for Ubi.

Disgraced

• An op with an explosive drone on offense. If it was obnoxiously big, slow, activatable only after prep, and only downs you if you're wearing Rook's plates, it wouldn't be overpowered at all. The op is three-armor and has the option to use a shield. The character is an alternative to Fuze as Buck is to Sledge, Hibana to Thermite, or Mute to Bandit (etc.), basically.
  • Universal defensive gadget - glass shards. It's placed and removed like razor wire and occupies a similar space, but is naturally flatter and harder to notice. Instead of slowing you down it crunches loudly as you step on it, functioning like a makeshift alarm.
  • I'd also like to see another booby trapper on defense, perhaps a spring-loaded swivel-operated sentry gun. I'm not sure if it would be better to activate on proximity or manually. Maybe both. I think it would be fair if you could disable and/or destroy it with EMPs, shock drones, and 'nades. The op with an explosive drone could be a counter as well. People have suggested something similar for a while and the idea is kind of obvious, I feel.
Of the three I definitely expect alarms are coming in some form. A sentry gun is also obvious but dangerous too, yet it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm still expecting an Operator that deploys some sort of sound gadget, something that mutes all sound, or something that deploys distraction sounds i.e gunfire and footsteps to detract attention from your location so you can either get away or flank.

andycapps

I'm still expecting an Operator that deploys some sort of sound gadget, something that mutes all sound, or something that deploys distraction sounds i.e gunfire and footsteps to detract attention from your location so you can either get away or flank.

I like that latter idea a lot.

KodaRuss

I would still really like to see a change to Tachanka to have a remote controller on his gun to fire into the direction it is facing for a few rounds with a press of the button. The change still didnt do much for him imo.

Make him the beast that everyone wants him to be.

As for new operators, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a new shield operator maybe with a way to quickly punch out barricades and walls that are reinforced.

I've been suggesting this kind of Operator for quite a few months now but recently, I've thought it doesn't really fit the game.

Whilst on paper, it's a cool sounding Operator - I feel like it's an operator gadget that breaks the rule of the game. Whilst some Operators have skills that "break" the game momentarily such as Caveira or Jackal, allowing people to be fooled by the skills they've spent several months building on a gadget is pretty cheap and frustrating.

Not to mention countless players (from what I've experienced online) play without headphones or with music, an operator that utilizes sound as their primary offense/defense could be redundant more often than not.

I think if anything happened like this, the sound would have to be a sound that is similar enough to fool players if they weren't listening properly but distinctly different enough to not be identical.

I've been suggesting this kind of Operator for quite a few months now but recently, I've thought it doesn't really fit the game.

Whilst on paper, it's a cool sounding Operator - I feel like it's an operator gadget that breaks the rule of the game. Whilst some Operators have skills that "break" the game momentarily such as Caveira or Jackal, allowing people to be fooled by the skills they've spent several months building on a gadget is pretty cheap and frustrating.

Not to mention countless players (from what I've experienced online) play without headphones or with music, an operator that utilizes sound as their primary offense/defense could be redundant more often than not.

I think if anything happened like this, the sound would have to be a sound that is similar enough to fool players if they weren't listening properly but distinctly different enough to not be identical.

IDK if it would break the game. If you're able to see this proposed operator with your own eyes first, you should expect said distraction, let's say a distraction grenade, to go off, but it's going to require some discipline for you to either keep your aim, or position yourself in such a way you can't get flanked.

Disgraced

I would still really like to see a change to Tachanka to have a remote controller on his gun to fire into the direction it is facing for a few rounds with a press of the button. The change still didnt do much for him imo.

Make him the beast that everyone wants him to be.
Yeah, Chanka should've been turned into the sentry gun op. But I doubt that's happening after the overhaul he's received already. I do hope and sort of expect them to decrease his recoil, footprint, and increase his turning radius eventually.
As for new operators, I wouldnt be surprised if we saw a new shield operator maybe with a way to quickly punch out barricades and walls that are reinforced.
Truthfully, I just want a new shield operator period.

The sculpture of the environment and audio are the most important ingredients of Siege. A competitive game with extensive audio design is not designed for people playing without audio.

And what the fuck's the point of supporting the game is you're not going shake up the fucking meta? If expectations aren't subverted from time to time the game will get stale. Creative 101.

That said, I do concur on your last point. Making the right noise sounds like it could be too difficult (pun intended), and that's why I don't like the idea.

But to say there shouldn't be a sound-based op at all in Siege astonishes me, dude.

Disgraced

OH MY FUCKING GOD YOU GUYS I JUST THOUGHT OF THE BEST FUCKING OPERATOR IDEA

JUST WAIT

YOU AIN'T GONNA BELIEVE THIS SHIT

IT'S SO GOOD

JUST

WAIT

IT'S

SO

GOOD

Wait for it...

FUCKING

HALLWAY

WIDE

KIDDIE

POOLS

HALLWAY-WIDE KIDDIE POOLS

HALLWAY-WIDE KIDDIE POOLS, MOTHERFUCKER

THEY SLOW YOU DOWN JUST LIKE BARBED WIRE, AND WHEN ATTACKERS STEP IN THEM THEY MAKE A REALLY LOUD SPLASH THAT WORKS LIKE AN ALARM

FUCKING KIDDIE POOLS

HALLWAY-WIDE KIDDIE POOLS

AND THEN COMBINE THEM WITH BANDIT, AND WELL...

kiddiepoolbig.jpg

Disgraced

I just told my friend about this shit, and he dug it. But he's smarter than me so he padded out those fuckin' logisitcs. The kiddie pools aren't filled with water,

but fucking TAR, baby.

And after you step out of it, it leaves a fucking trail for a time, just like a defensive Jackal but better.

BAM.

Just stop fucking trying people. Reddit, V, Twitter, Facebook, Pro League, Major League, NeoGAF, the designers of the game yourselves...

just fucking quit. We just did it for you. The best operator idea is right here, believe me. And everybody knows it.

kiddie-pools-06_2.jpg

Electret

Apologies in advance for being that guy.

I bought the game long ago but never got into it. I'm looking to remedy that. Does anyone recommend any particular youtube videos or guides for beginners? What about operators - what might be a few good ones that are easy to pick up? Thanks for any advice y'all might have.

Top Bottom