• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fans start petition for Guilty Gear Xrd Sign on Wii U, Arc System Works is watching

Mileena

Banned
I play my fighters with a pad and Nintendo is the only one with a decent d-pad so I'm in.

The dualshock has a pretty good dpad, some pro fighting game players think so at least. Anyways I can't sign this because I wouldn't ever think of buying it, but good luck to those who do.

GooeyHeat

Interesting petition, especially since I don't think we even know the specs of the arcade board it's running on (feel free to correct me if we do). We know it's Unreal Engine 3 and probably 60 FPS. Most console UE3 games run at 30, but the only exceptions I know of also happen to be fighting games (Mortal Kombat and Injustice), so it's still up in the air as to whether this will run on Wii U specs, or if it will require PS4 and Xbox One for its port.

I wish they'd make a PC version, though. That would be fuckin' killer. I'd love to see those screenshots... *drools*

Interesting petition, especially since I don't think we even know the specs of the arcade board it's running on (feel free to correct me if we do). We know it's Unreal Engine 3 and probably 60 FPS. Most console UE3 games run at 30, but the only exceptions I know of also happen to be fighting games (Mortal Kombat and Injustice), so it's still up in the air as to whether this will run on Wii U specs, or if it will require PS4 and Xbox One for its port.

I wish they'd make a PC version, though. That would be fuckin' killer. I'd love to see those screenshots... *drools*

Is it Ring Edge 2?

Mengetsu

I signed as well although I don't have a WiU yet I support any good thing like this. Plus the more who get to play fighting games the better this world will be.

TreIII

They might as well. Not only because it was confirmed that Xrd runs on UE3 (much like Injustice), but they might as well see if maybe they can help fill the niche. After all, the likelihood of Capcom or Namco putting their next games on Wii U is slim.

Could be fun for Wii U-only users. I wouldn't imagine buying it because the online community will probably be elsewhere.

If they could pull off cross play? Oh man I'm ALLL the way in!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd probably get it on PS4 due to Sony being my choice of platform for fighting games, but what the heck, I see nothing wrong with it being on another system so more people can get the game.

GooeyHeat

Is it Ring Edge 2?
Yeah, and as far as I know, we don't have specs for that yet.

We don't know where the audiences will be by the time this game hits consoles, especially considering how long it takes for Arc's releases to reach countries other than Japan. So hopefully whatever console it releases on will get good fighter support from other devs as well.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed this too and signed. Both Accent Cores made it to the Wii after all so who knows?

Mileena

Banned

Meelow

Banned
For reference, the Dark Souls PC petition got 65k and really grabbed Namco Bandai's attention:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Dark-Souls-PC-Petition-Gets-Namco-Attention-38586.html

65k is kinda small for what I would've thought would've been enough for anything.

The Dark Souls 2 Wii U petition is only at 16k right now. I wonder if Namco Bandai would notice DS2 Wii U's petition if it was 65k as well?

The thing about Dark Souls 2 as well is, there is an audience that likes games like Dark Souls, we got to 16k in December (everyone forgot about it and it fell off), people could push it back though.

Wow that's just pathetic, only 16k really? =|

It was 16k in a week when the Wii U had a very small install base, we really just got to push for 65k...Or at least 50k.

Oersted

khaaan

Is it a good idea to sign when you don't have the intention of buying? I feel if it ended up happening but the numbers were significantly inflated by gamers who have no intention to buy, it could end up causing problems if there's another title on the fence for coming to WiiU.

Its cool that these developers are making known they are watching. I wondered if anyone at From Software were watching the DSII Wii U petition from a while back. I bought Guilty Gear XX for Xbox 1 and remembered how much I loved the look. I also remember how I was absolutely horrible at it.

Xav

Team
Saturn
pad warriors represent!

6gP3NeL.jpg

Although assuming Guilty Gear Xrd keeps the traditional 4 button setup, these will be fine for me.

F1ZOQzU.jpg

lzNoLXN.jpg

TreIII

Is it Bad that I'd rather the games online community not be splintered further?
Can't be worse than if it was made exclusive to PS4. Exactly how much of the PS3 crowd do you expect will roll over to PS4 if the only way to play online was behind a paywall (after enjoying free online on PS3)?

Splintering was bound to happen anyway.

Top Bottom